Open On duty doesn't mean no fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Elvera Le Fey

Seer, Mother of twins, Divination 3-4, inner eye

OOC First Name
Mia
Wand
Oak 14 3/4" with an Essence of Raven Feather core.
Elvera had forgotten how much fun the Halloween feast was. she had spent the morning at home celebrating her mums 78th birthday and the afternoon helping set up the hall. there were certainly more things here than she had remembered from the past a house of mirrors and some games. once the hall was set up she had returned to her rooms to get dressed. she donned a blonde wig and a blue dress as far from her usual slightly gothic style as she could go. She had promised her daughter that she wouldn't embarrass her. and if she didn't look like herself she couldn't be an embarrassment, it would at least be less embarrassing than her other idea of a costume, a student who had had far too much sugar. Tonight she was on patrol making sure that there were no too many pranks being pulled. She entered the hall and took a glass of water and a pumpkin pastie before finding a good spot to supervise the activity.

Jacob enjoyed Halloween but was often too lazy to go full out on a costume. This year was no exception as he donned a pair of devil ears, a pitchfork in his hand. It was a fun costume to him, and he entered the Great Hall fully aware that he would probably lose his pitchfork long before the night came to an end. Shifting the pitchfork to under his arm as he grabbed a few gummy spiders up, Jacob looked for a corner to stand and look around for some friends. He finally found a space near a professor. "Hello Professor Harrington" he stated, the blonde hair leading him to that name. Then, his brain caught up and he looked back, his eyes widening. "Wait, you're not Professor Harrington" he added, "Sorry!"

Elvera was keeping an eye on the crowd. the night was young and there was nothing too exciting going on yet. she did keep her eyes on a group where it seemed a young student had fired an arrow at an older one and a boy was with them. it looked like he was a prefect to keep the situation under control, and the girl didn't seem hurt. she would keep an eye on them but she didn't see the need to intervene just yet. her attention was drawn when she heard a voice near her greeting professor Harrington. she had seen the professor around but couldn't place what she taught but it would be good to get to know some of her co-workers. she couldn't see the other professor but she saw the boy. and it wasn't until he apologised that she realised that he had been greeting her. Hello." she said. she didn't know the boy's name, he seemed to be dressed as a devil though compared to some of the costumes it was subtle. she felt like she had seen him once or twice around the castle but didn't know much more about him. but with her classes so far only consisting of fourth-year diviation that was no surprise. it would take a while to know who people were. "No I am professor Le Fey, the divination professor. Professor Harrington is the flying right? she asked. even placing names to faces and classes of her coworkers was taking time. it was flying or was it charms? or was that professor holland she was thinking about? she was sure she would get there. she would just have to spend a bit more time in the school and not spending meal times going back to her shop to make sure that things were okay, which they inevitably were.

Now that he had a better look at her, Jacob felt downright silly for confusing her for Professor Harrington at all. They looked nothing alike aside from the blonde hair. With a grin, Jacob shook his head. He didn't take Divination so there was likely not going to be a reason for him to cross paths with this woman ever again. "No, Astronomy. Professor Holland is Flying" he explained easily. Jacob figured that maybe she was new. "Cool eyes. What kind of charm does that?" he asked.

Elvera felt a little embarrassed that she was so far off with the professors. that could have lead to an awkward conversation at the dining table. she nodded. "thank you" she said. "I think I owe you a house point for saving me from embarrassing myself. what was your name? she asked. if she didn't know the professors she was pretty sure the boy would understand that she didn't know the names of the students yet. she wondered what would happen if she tried to give points to the devil. She chuckled slightly when he commented on her eyes. she had been embarrassed by them when she was younger. not only were they odd but violet was no ordinary eye colour, that insecurity had been something she had grown out of over time. "thank you. I am afraid that it is no charm. that is how my eyes are. I think there is a spell you learn in transfiguration in upper school that would do it too. she said. she wasn't sure as she had never been good at Transfiguration and wouldn't have made the grade to take the NEWT course even if she had wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back