Of Quaffles and Bludgers

Sara smiled at Daniel, as he agreed to fly with her. She stood up, brushing off her clothes, and looked down at her broom. "Up!" she commanded, and it flew into her hand. She was showing off a bit, and also being a bit lazy, but she felt at home again, with the feel of wood against her skin. "Let's go!" she grinned, looping her leg around her broom. "Don't worry about it-I understand." In fact-she didn't, she'd never had a boyfriend. Most people laughed when she said this, but she didn't get the joke. She didn't understand it, but people always thought she was lying. She flew off toward the hoops, twisting in and out between them, then turning to Daniel. "Come on Slow-poke!" she yelled, a big smile on her face.

Daniel couldn't help but smile as she sped off towards the hoops and yelled after him to catch up. "Yeah all right," He said beaming as he leaned forward on his broom and sped towards her at full throttle, the wind blew through his hair as he did so. He had never felt so comfortable, he was both flying and in the company of a beautiful girl who some how seemed more beautiful as she flew around the goalposts her windswept hair slightly covering her face. "Who's the slow-poke now?" He said sticking out his tongue as he swept past her and began to weave in and out between the four stands. Once at a safe distance he looked back over his shoulder to watch Sara fly. He didn't know long he had been looking at her when he suddenly look forward and had to pull up to avoid a collision with the goalposts on the other side of the pitch. He needed to stop getting distracted by Sarah, he could only hope he wouldn't experience a similar problem when they faced each other in a game.

Sara laughed as Daniel chased after her. She flew straight up, emmersing herself in the clouds. She spread her arms wide, drifting along, then grabbed her handle and dipped down in time to hear Daniel shout that she was a slow-poke. "You're talking to a seeker turned chaser." she joked, catching up with him, she stuck her tongue back out at him and added. "We're built for speed." she laughed, shooting off, her long hair billowing behind her. He was a very good flier, but she couldn't help laughing when he smacked into the goalpost. "Now that, was just clumsy." she laughed, speeding past him. She laughed at the look on his face and went into a dive, stopping only a few centimetres from the ground, hoping to shock Danielle, she swiftly swept upwards, turning to face him once more.

Daniel watched as Sara dived for the ground. He gripped the end of his broom and watched nervously as she plummeted towards the hard ground. Sara pulled up at the last minute and he breathed a sigh of relief, he had to admit he was impressed. Daniel led forward on his broom and took off sweeping across the bottom of the pitch and finally pulled up beside her. "I'll admit, that was impressive but I still think I'd out fly you," He said beaming at her. He was already looking forward to facing her in the Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff game he only hoped that seeing her on the field wouldn't distract him.

"You wish." she laughed, sticking out her tongue. "We are totally gonna kick your ass!" she grinned, flying upward, and gesturing for him to follow, from up there, you could see all of Hogwarts. "It's gogeous isn't it." she smiled, motioning with a sweep of her hand. She felt completely comfortable on her broom. It was like a fifth limb. She was never afraid she'd fall, or get hurt, she had complete faith in her abilities. "Your actually quite a good flyer you know." she admitted truthfully. "You might outfly me..if you were very, very lucky." she teased, beaming.

Daniel could only smile as Sara complimented his flying abilities. "Thank you, your not so bad yourself," He smirked as he flew to join her high above the pitch. The view of Hogwarts from their location was spectacular. He looked over at Sara, she was mesmerized by the view and Daniel by her. He nodded in agreement as she expressed how beautiful the sight was. "Yeah it is," He agreed as he lessened his grip on his broomstick and admired the view. It was the first time since he arrived that he had found something more worthy of his attention than Sara. "Don't worry," He added turning his attention back to Sara after registering what she said, "I shouldn't have any problem out flying you," He beamed back.

Sara smiled back at Daniel as she flew up and he followed. She smiled as he agreed with her about the castle and grounds. She loved this place, more than life itself. She couldn't imagine ever leaving. She loved Hogwarts. she had her friends here, and they meant so much to her. "Trust me-you would." Sara smiled. She had a sudden urge to show off, but resisted. She didn't like showboating, not really and she didn't want to do it. Anyway-she'd already done her dive-let him try to beat that.

"I love Hogwarts, it just feels rigght here-you know?" she commented, flying in a slow circle, "I could never imagine being a muggle again-life would seem colourless somehow."

Daniel knew exactly what she meant. The prospect of being sent back to the muggle world to live out the rest of his life seemed just boring and plain. "Yeah, no disrespect to Muggles but I couldn't live a non magical life after experiencing all this," He said looking around the grounds, loosing his grip on his broom no longer feeling the urge to perform any stunts. "Muggle's don't have Qudditch," He said grinning. "They don't know what they're missing," Daniel added grinning. An amazing sport Quidditch was and it would be one of the things he'd miss the most if he ever had to give up this life.

"I know, my Dad was like a kid at Christmas when he found out it was all real." she replied, recalling the beaming face of Thomas moon. "It's not so much about being able to do it, it's just knowing that the world is something more." she added, explaining what she meant. She smiled as he spoke about quidditch. She stretched out her arms, just staying on her broom through balance now and smiled at Daniel. "Yes, I definetly wouldn't want to miss out on this." she drifted a few metres, her arms still at her sides. She felt like she was part of the air now, part of the sky.

Daniel glided a few feet forward on his broom, feeling totally at peace whenever he was flying. "It's great that muggle's can react like that to our existence. If all muggle's were like your Dad then we wouldn't have to hide ourselves," He said as he slowly circled her. He loved everything about his magical life but he did wish he didn't have to hide himself when he was in muggle territory. If muggle and magical worlds came together so much could be accomplished. Muggle ills could be solved so quickly by Magical illness. Sometimes he didn't understand why some muggle's feared magic when it could benefit them so much. "Oh well, I like that Hogwarts is out solitude from everything," He said. He smiled, Hogwarts was like a little hide away for magical children and that's how he liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back