Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Rosemarie
Wand
Knotted 13 Inch Rigid Acacia Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
On the one hand, Oscar still found himself to be a little confused as to why the two of them were going to the Yule Ball together since going together was usually something only couples did, or so he was told by some older housemates. On the other hand, he found himself extremely excited to spend time with one of his best friends before he would go back home to celebrate the holidays. Dressed in whatever his mother had bought him for the Yule Ball, the Ravenclaw made his way down the grand staircase and to the entrance hall to wait for his best friend to arrive. They hadn't agreed on where to meet each other, so Oscar thought that it was best to meet up at the entrance hall and walk in together.

With all of her confidence and a lot of care for a Venus Flytrap she had managed to ask Oscar out. Well it wasn't exactly a date, but she was going with Oscar as something. Instead of romance it was more a plantmance, a shared love for plants brought them together. Rose smiled and tweaked the last bits and pieces of her dress. Instead of a living plant she had spend hours tirelessly making a corsage for Oscar. Rose hated dresses, but she knew she couldn't come in her usual attire. She had actually done her hair and removed all dirt, leaves, twigs and every other non hair essential out of it. Rose grinned she was ready for a fun date with someone she liked besides the plants and a couple of friends that held a place in her heart. She walked towards the Entrance Hall and spotted Oscar. She walked over to him and pinned the corsage to his chest. ''Hello you'' Rose said while blushing.

Last edited:
The first thing Oscar noticed once Rosemarie was standing in front of him was that her hair seemed less filled with dirt and leaves than usual - he didn't know which he preferred better. The next thing he noticed was that she looked odd in a dress since he normally saw her in her school uniform, but then again, he probably looked equally as odd in his suit in contrast to what he was normally wearing during a school day. He smiled as she pinned the corsage to his chest. ''Hey you,'' the boy replied happily. ''I eh, I didn't get you anything but thank you for the corsage - well I brought my company, which is probably not enough, but yeah, sorry.'' He now felt stupid for not bringing Rosemarie anything, especially after his mother had suggested that he should when he first brought it up to her. ''Do you want to go in?''

Oscar looked pretty adorable in his costume. It was a nice suit, but it wasn't overly tailored or fancy. ''Your company is enough.'' Rose said while smiling broadly. She didn't need gifts, she just wanted his company for the ball. She sucked a dancing and she would rather spend the evening caring for her plants with Oscar, but she knew how important this ball could be to people. It was a thing and that meant she had to let things go. ''Yeah, lets go'' Rose said while adjusting her flowery bodice. ''I feel like I look like a monkey that tried to be fancy'' Rose grinned while looking at the heels she was wearing.

It surprised him that Rosemarie actually wanted to go through with this rather than call it off and head towards the greenhouses instead. Oscar did not mind it though, as long as he was in good company tonight, he was sure that he was going to have a good time. He grinned at her comment as they walked into the Great Hall and looked down to what he was wearing himself. ''Right?'' the boy replied, nodding in agreement. He was glad that they only had to wear these ridiculous clothes for the evening. ''So how's that Venus flytrap doing?'' he asked while he led them towards the food and drinks, thinking they could cash in on whatever sweets were there before doing anything else.

Rose was glad she had continued with her plan to ask Oscar for the ball. She liked his company and knew Ana already had a date since her club did some mystery date event. Since they both looked like fancy monkeys Rose didn't care what others were thinking. ''It is doing great'' she said while smiling. ''I might bring it to you sometime so you become the main caretaker'' Rose wasn't as good and didn't like to catch insects for the plant. Her dorm didn't have enough and she hated catching insects outside. ''I think you are the flytrap master'' Rose was sure the plant would do way better in his care than it was doing in hers. When they walked into the ball Rose her eyes scanned over the sweets table. ''Lets get something to snack on'' She wasn't a good dancer anyway.

Oscar listened attentively as Rosemarie answered his question about the Venus flytrap she had used to ask him to the Yule Ball. He had hoped that she'd eventually ask him to have a look at the plant, it gave him even more time to spend time with his best friend and also gave them another thing that they would have in common - taking care of a Venus flytrap. He chuckled when she called him the 'flytrap master' and nodded in agreement, thinking that he definitely knew a thing or two about flytraps after having taken care of one for over a year. ''Good plan,'' the boy told her, following Rosemarie to the sweets table. ''How long do you want to stay here?'' Oscar asked curiously as he began looking at everything the table had to offer.

Rose nodded, she just wished Oscar could come to her dorm and check out the little plant colony she had brought with her. She didn't want to do anything weird, she just wanted to show her little collection to him. Last year Rose left the ball early and she knew she couldn't stay this year either. She felt bloody ridiculous in the dress and she didn't like dancing. Standing at the food and drinks table like a zombie didn't make it better. All that useful time could be spend in a different way. One that involved the outside, dirt, leaves and maybe some twigs. She felt way too clean and the dress made her look like a bloody barbie.

When Oscar asked how long she wanted to stay her Rose confessed. ''Ehm, I would rather go now.. sneak out and go to the Hogwarts Garden''. She wanted to show him a new plant she had been caring for in the garden. Some plants were bigger and didn't fair well with the inside environment she had created. ''Lets get some snacks and leave this'' Rose said while giggling.

Continue: https://hogwarts.nz/threads/escaping-the-monkeys.102278/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back