Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Xavier 💕
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Unyielding Ash Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
&&Open after Pheeb posts with @Elio Zephyr &&
It was the weekend before the second semester started. A few months from now, Alexis would be graduating with her classmates and be leaving Hogwarts. Despite the final semester of her studies, the Ravenclaw was still hopeful that she would have more than enough memories to make within the walls of the castle. Wondering whether her fiance was already back, the prefect decided to spend the remaining hours of the afternoon at the courtyard with her guitar. Some students had started arriving and were also enjoying the afternoon before the official first day of classes started. She ran her fingers over the strings, admiring the ring on her finger. She blushed as she recalled the proposal, humming as she began to play. Whenever she was playing her guitar, she seemed to be lost in her own musical world.

Elio had spent the holidays at school with Rowan, celebrating both Christmas, the New Year and his birthday with his best friend. He was so grateful to her and the amount of effort she'd put in too over the festivities, and it almost didn't feel as though the new semester that was upon them was able to effect his mood, he was too busy enjoying his time in the castle. The prefect was outside, making the most of the summer and its warmth, when he heard some music up ahead. It took a second but he realised he knew what Alexis was playing. He'd never really spoken to the Ravenclaw before but he recognised her from the prefect lounge. After a moment, the Gryffindor stood from the bench he'd taken residence on, picking up his hoodie that he'd been using as a pillow as he'd been lying out and catching some rays, and moved across to the girl who seemed lost in her own world. Very quietly, Elio took a seat opposite her, listening to the sounds. One thing he missed while being at Hogwarts was that it was so much harder to find music to listen to, with his phone not working and being forced to listen to the same classic songs on the radio, that finding a student that could play was not only a rarity, but the fact he knew the song too was a blessing. As the song reached a peak, the Gryffindor joined in. It wasn't often that he sung, at least not around others, but after being deattached from what had been a large portion of his childhood, he couldn't help himself. "Knew I was falling when I looked inside your eyes. She said, "I know you are, but what am I?""

Alexis felt presence nearby but she was too lost in the melody that she was almost startled when a male voice joined in. She knew it was not Xavier because the Puff loved to listen to her finish the song before announcing his presence. She looked up only for her blue eyes to land on Elio, a fellow prefect from Gryffindor. Only he sang along to the song. She smiled brightly as she continued playing, joining him at the chorus. "Tell me have you seen a sunset,Turn into a sunrise, kiss right through the night, `Cause we should try that sometime,Hold you till the morning, and if I said, "I'm falling" The Ravenclaw knew that they were a lot of musically inclined students but apart from Xavier, she had never sung with anybody else. Until now. The song was almost at its end and she let Elio sang the last few lines while she provided the melody from her guitar.

It was fun to do a duet with someone. The last time Elio had done that was with Isla when they were kids, although the Hufflepuff usually had to be coaxed out to join him so it wasn’t always the most satisfying. At the end of the song he was glad that Alexis had continued once he’d joined her. He hadn’t even considered beforehand that she might have been playing just for her own amusement, “I haven’t heard that one for a long time,” he smiled, although he knew he had it saved on his phone it wasn’t like he’d had much chance recently to actually hear it. “You play really well,” he added. He could have spent hours listening to melodies especially ones like this. It reminded him of his own home. Elio thought for a moment, trying to think of others to see if she would know them. He readjusted in his seat, thinking about the lyrics, before singing another few lines to hear in the hopes she knew what song it was. “I’m a good pretender, won’t you come see my show? Won’t you come see my show? I’ve got lots of problems. Well, good thing nobody knows..”

Alexis had fun singing with Elio. While with Xavier it felt home because they were a couple, with the Gryffindor it was like discovering a new buddy. The only person she sang with was Adalric, her brother, which they could only do during the holidays. When the final strums died, it seemed he liked that song and she was glad she played it when he heard it. "Well, I'm glad I played it when you were nearby.",she replied. With seven years of experience in the castle, music was almost a luxury since their gadgets did not work here. She smiled at his compliment. "Thanks. You sing really well too.", she returned as she adjusted her position on her seat. The Ravenclaw was thinking of what song to play next and was about to ask Elio when the Grffyindor mirrored her expression until he sang the openong verses to Pretender. She strummed once, "Good thing nobody knows,Oh, I'm insecure, I'm insecure, I think I like what I'm supposed to, Like what I'm supposed to..." She chuckled in amusement before she started strumming her guitar to accompany their second round of duet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back