Not just a Walk

Sam was glad that he wasn't the only one having a good time. "Ah! Your a lady. Just not today." he teased her laughing.

"Yeah, I'm all good. The grass is quite soft. Although there is something..." he said uncomfortably and he pulled out a small thin branch.."That would explain things." he smirked and threw it away.

"Yeah, well at least I don't look like a tomato." he chuckled at her face, which was red from hanging upside down.

Toni rolled her eyes "Gosh I should be offended by that" Toni said laughing "But you're lucky I'm not" she said still looking at Sam from upside down. It was actually quite odd though Toni could feel her legs slipping. "I'm glad you're not seriously injuried" Toni said smiling as she watched him pull out a branch.

"Ouch" She said laughing though. But when he told her she looked like a tomato Toni would have hit him if she was right side up. Though she wasn't. With a small slip she felt onto her back laying right next to Sam. "Now that" She said sitting up "Wasn't my most graceful exit" She said laughing "But hopefully I won't look like a tomato anymore" Toni said completely joking.

Sam laughed as she fell down beside him, "Well, I sure hope you don't look like a tomato becuase I couldn't be seen with you if you did." he said joking with her. "Nah! I still go out with you even if you had a cabbage for a head." he said childishly. "But don't get any ideas." he smirked.

"You have a piece of grass in your hair y'know.." he said sitting up beside her and picked it out. He dropped the strand of grass and it fluttered to the ground. Sam realised the sun was a bit more down in the sky. That would mean it was almost sunset, which mean't the day would be over. Sam shook that thought out of his head. "We'll come here again? Before school starts right?" he asked her, in his mind he was begging her but he didn't show it that he was.

Toni rolled her eyes. "oh is that so" Toni teased when Sam said he couldn't be seen with her if she looked like a tomato. "Oh well then I'm honored, a cabbage for a head you say" Toni said smiling "I do hope I am a step up above that" She teased as she looked at the sky for a moment. It was getting late but she didn't want to think about that. Not now.

"Well that kind of happens when you hang upside down in a tree" Toni said as she ran her fingers through her hair hoping that no more pieces of grass had found their way. She turned to sam when he asked if they would come there again before school started. "Sam I swear you couldn't keep me away from here if you tried" She said grinning brightly though it could actually be true.

Toni laid back once more in the grass as she looked up at the sky. "We have to go now don't we?" She asked not really wanting an answer.

"Yeah we'll I'd say your a good...two maybe three steps above that." he said trying to hold a straight face, "though four may be pushing it." he laughed. Sam smiled to her and laid back as she did. "I don't want to though..." he said, Toni obviously noticed that the sun was going down and the sky was darker.

"I never want this to end..." he said sadly., looking up at the sky which took an amazing crimson colour. "I'll really miss this.." he thought out loud, though he was glad TOni had said they'd return before school started.

Toni let out a small laugh "Oh so now I know how you really feel" She said smiling as she looked up at the sky. Her hair was probably a mess as she laid in the grass but for the first time in awhile she didn't really care. Though Sam laid back down she could tell that he didn't want it to end either.

Toni's attention turned to the sky that looked wonderful. It even looked better for she was watching it in her and Sam's place. Smiling at the thought she spoke "Well we will be back" She said reassuring herself as well as Sam. "Unless you're uncle totally busts you" Toni said laughing a bit as she sat up slowly and pushed down her hair running her fingers through it. She then stood up and wipe any grass that was one her off. "Need a hand" She asked smiling as she extending her hand down to Sam.

Sam ighed, but he did agree with her. "Yeah he's probably worried..." he took Toni's hand. "Thanks.." he said quietly. He stood beside her and smiled. Instead of dwelling that they had to go he decided to think about the positives. What fun they had today. "Thank you for everything.." he sad to ger softly and he ran his hand carefully through his hair.

Toni wondered for a brief moment what it was like for a family member like that to worry. Though she didn't want to dwell on that, family didn't matter to her right? Toni helped Sam up thinking about the time they had had. It was wonderful. Toni could imagine a better day even if she had spent it shopping. Now that was saying something if Toni prefered something else other than shopping. "No Thank You" Toni said as she still couldn't imagine that the day was over.

"Well I guess we have to get you home" She said teasing a bit as she grabbed his hand softly.

As Toni took his hand he had almost felt warm again. "Well its not too late.." Sam said, yes he had a curfew but he still had a good few minutes left. But inside he knew they had to leave here. But they would see it again. He would even come here on his own. How he longed to watch the sun set and see the stars appear. He could always just tell his uncle he was staying with a friends. Sam's face was stern in thought.

He never said his idea's. They would sound stupid out loud.

Toni smiled "No it's not that late" She said wondering what Sam's curfew was anyway. Toni would just give the excuse that she was out shopping if her parent's even wanted an excuse. Sometimes they didn't even mind. One good thing about not being the youngest or favorite Toni thought as she looked at Sam for a moment. He had an almost odd look on his face like he was thinking about something. Oh gosh Toni thought wondering what was going on in his mind.

"What's going through that head of yours?" Toni asked laughing a small laugh.

Sam was pleased she agreed that it wasn't too late. So he decided he would tell her what was going on in his head. "Well, my uncle said my curfew was six-thirty what with dangerous wizards around. Hes annoying like that." Sam laughed, his uncle always worried. "...and since I'm his responsibility now. He is quite strict." he shuffeled his foot. "But to stay exactly to his rules..." a cheeky grin spread along his face. "...he said I couldn't stay in the villages no later than six-thirty. But we aren't in the villages." He raised an eyebrow. It was a stupid plan and he would probably get into trouble but if it mean't he could spend more time here. He would do anything.

Toni smiled at Sam. "Six thirty" Toni said rolling her eyes though. Toni didn't even know what her curfew was. She never quite got around to asking. It didn't really matter. Why ask when you don't really want to know? "You always seem to find a loop hole don't you" Toni said glad that he wasn't too keen on staying with the rules.

Toni push a piece of her hair behind her ear "So does this mean we get to stay for a bit longer?" Toni asked wondering. If so she was quite happy. She did have loads of fun already but really she wasn't ready to let it end. If it had to though toni would regret it.

"I guess it means we get to stay longer!" he said happily. He wanted to hug her but decided against it. He didn't want to go over the top. "That is if you don't have to go anywhere?" he added just out of politeness. "To make this even better. The sun is going down.." that would be a perfect end to the day.

Toni held back a laugh at Sam's excitment. She was excited to but still she always enjoyed how open Sam was with his emotions. It was so unlike any other boy Toni had know or did know. "Oh I don't have anywhere to be but here" Toni said as she did a small hair flip. It surprised Toni that even if she had something else to do she would rather stay here.

As Sam said the sun was going down Toni looked up at the sky. It did seem like a perfect ending to a perfect day. "I swear you had to have planned all this" Toni said not believing that all this could be possible just out of happening. There are to be some plans either that or they were both just way too lucky.

Sam laughed "Hardly. This is just because your here..." he smiled and sat on the grass. "Do you think Knight minds? About us?" he asked her. He couldn't tell. For one he was terrible at reading people and two Knight was very secretive.

Toni smiled. Still she couldn't help but wonder how things fell together so nicely. It was almost as if it was meant to be. Though as Sam mentioned Knight Toni's smiled lessened hardly noticable though. Toni actually wasn't so sure about what Knight thought of the two of them. "I don't know" Toni said as she walked over to the branch that they were sitting on before and sat down. She looked up at the sky not saying something for a bit as she thought.

"He almost choked on his butterbeer when I told him" Toni said smiling slightly. It had never occured to her that Knight would mind. "Did he tell you something?" Toni asked looking at Sam.

Sam turned around on the grass when she sat up on the branch. "Well he didn't tell me but..." Sam said, he knew Toni was going to like this. "But Jenn did." he said this slowly almso as if he choose his words carefully. "As much as you dislike her, shes my friend and trust her. I could tell by her face.." That day was awkward that was the day Jenn told Sam she still had feelings for him. "Jenn said he had feelings for you?" he said still slowly.

Toni looked up at the sky as Sam spoke. Toni didn't know if she really wanted to hear this. Wasn't it all better left unsaid? Though Toni didn't want the reason for their friendship to be odd to be her. That was not how she planned any of this at all. Yet when Sam said Jenn's name Toni looked down to him. How much she really did dislike that girl but Toni said nothing bad about her. That was all she needed was a fight with Sam.

"Why?" Toni said more to herself than to Sam. "Why on earth me?" She thought again aloud. Then she focused her attention on Sam. "If you trust Jenn on this I will believe you" She said not even knowing why Knight was talking to Jenn in the first place though Toni wasn't going to ask. "Is this going to ruin everything?" Toni asked.

Sam sighed, "I hope not.." maybe he just shouldn't have said anything. "I mean, he seemed cool enough when we where hanging out in the Three Broomsticks. He can't be that good at acting." he said simply. "Also, I'll have a chat with him. I'm his best guy friend. He won't confess it to you." he smiled weakly at her. "But I trust you that you won't say anything about this to him." he asked.

Toni looked at Sam and smiled almost sweetly. "Everything will work out" She said almost positive. Somehow after today everything had to work out, like it was meant. Though Toni wasn't going to say that, after all her bashing of Divination she would never admit to believing in fate.

"And you think he will confess it to you?" Toni asked smiling slightly. She doubted it. Though really Toni didn't know if it was true. Knight had never shown any interest in Toni. Had he? Was Toni just that out of the loop at times. "But don't worry my lips are sealed" Toni said grinning. That was one arkward conversation that she would be glad to stay out of.

Toni looked at the sky once more. It was just breath taking. It had been so long since she had actually been outsiding watching the sky. Though Toni couldn't help but want to find a single star just to make a wish, a small wish hoping that she hadn't messed everything up.

Sam shrugged, "If I tell him I already know..he mightn't lie.." Sam said he got up and stood in front of her. "I just don't want this to end." As selfish as that may seem he didn't. It would hurt both Knight and Jenn, but they had no control over if they went out or not...right? Sam shook his head. He rested his hands on her knees. "This can't end.." he said surely.

Toni could tell that this wasn't going so easy for Sam. How could it. He was almost in the middle. Toni felt like she was in the middle of it as well. Why did everything have to be so completed. And already. People say that life doesn't get complicated until high school but hey Toni was only eleven and things seemed like a bit of a mess.

"This won't end" Toni said a smile forming on her face. She got off the branch and walked over to Sam sitting down next to him and resting her head on his shoulder. "You're right this can't end" She said simply knowing that her words wouldn't make anything better but she hoped they could at least help a bit.

Sam was comforted by her. He ran his hand through her hair, across her shoulders and stopped at her arms. Then he held her softly against him. He smiled to himself. His eyes glimmered.

As they sat quietly together. He felt the subject being forgotten, or maybe it was just being pushed away for another day? He had a question. "Toni? You know Beau right?" he asked her. It was quite random but he couldn't figure it out. "Does he hate me?" He never knew. When they met that day in the HOgs Head he didn't know what kind of impression he made on him.

Toni smiled more to herself as she was quite comfortable resting her head. Like this was all just part of the perfect day that had unfolded for them. As Sam ran his fingers through her hair nothing really came to mind. Toni was just content. Usually she would have thought that she had no more grass in her hair or wondered about how she was looking or anything along those lines. Though at this moment it didn't seem to matter.

As the topic drifted away, Toni was glad. She really didn't want Knight to be upset about her and Sam. She didn't like how this relationship seemed to affect more people than Toni had imagined. Though as Sam spoke Toni let out a small laugh "You go from one hard topic to another dont' you?" Toni teased.

"No I don't think he hates you" Toni said "I mean I don't think he likes that you are in hufflepuff" or that you are dating me She thought but could not say. No more drama for today or at least Toni was going to try to prevent anymore "But I don't think he hates you. " She said pausing "Why does it matter?" Toni asked.

Sam laughed, he thought he was that type of Slytherin. "Hmm?" he asked as he thought this. "Oh, it doesn't. I just wasn't sure is all.." he said. He held her in tighter and never wanted to let her go, he relised then nothing would come between them..nothing.

He picked up one of the rare daisies in their place. He popped it in behind her ear. He smiled to her, "Beautiful..." he said in a whisper. He kissed her forehead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back