Not just a Walk

Toni swung her feet a bit in happiness. "Now I know two people that are staying" Toni said with a smile on her face. Though when Sam just said whatever Toni laughed. that was something she used to say when she had no other comment. Sometimes it came up in conversations but not as it used to.

Toni watched Sam swing his legs then look at her, then the tree. As his eyes widened, Toni knew that he had an idea. It didnt' take long for Sam to state it. "Oh gosh" Toni said rolling her eyes in jest. "No I don't have anything sharp with me" Toni said a bit confused. What kind of question was that?

"Whose the other person?" Sam asked curiously, she noticed she smiled so it must be a friend. "Sorry..maybe I should have explained first before asking that." he chuckled. He hopped off the branch. "I was thinking, we could carve our names into the tree. So it'd really be our place." he said looking at her. Hoping she wouldn't think it was weird.

"Oh Beau said he was staying for the holidays too" Toni said hoping that Sam didn't mind that. After all Sam had said that the two of them had gotten along. "And yes an explaination would have been nice" Toni said smiling slightly. Though as he hopped off the branch Toni watched him curiously.

"Aww" Toni said a smile bright as the sun on her face when Sam explained. She hopped off the branch and ran over and hugged him. "You are so cute" She said not letting go for awhile. She had always dreamed off carving her name into a tree with that special someone. It was one of those cute things that couples did that Toni never imagined would be done with her.

"I wish I had something sharp though. I usually don't carry knives around with me though. Safety reasons" She added laughing a bit.

"Oh did he?" he said, he didn't mind Beau. They actually got along quite well. Sam caught Toni's hug, he never wanted to let her go. "Yeah me neither, I forgot to bring my machete." he joked. He still held onto her hug. "We should try and find something...well. I have my wand but I don't know what we could do with that..." he sighed.

"Yeah" Toni said dropping the topic. "First no magical horse and now no machetes. I think you may be losing it Sam" Toni teased as she looked about to see if there was anything sharp. "No don't use your wand gosh" Toni said rolling her eyes as she wondered what they were going to use. It was such a cute idea. She was determined now to get it done.

"What about a..."Toni paused looking about. Toni pushed a piece of her hair behind her ear trying to think. As she felt one of her earrings. "I have earrings. I don't know how sharp or strong they are" Toni said "or we can find a stone or something" Toni said looking up and smiling at Sam.

"I think I may be losing it too.." he agreed laughing. "I wasn't going to engrave it with my wand. if I knew any spells..I mean if we tried we'd probably burn the tree down." Sam didn't even laugh at that fact, it was their tree, altough he did say it light-heartedly.

"Your a bliming genius." he said and kissed her forehead quickly. "Okay you check your earrings, I'll have a look for stones." Sam walked around the corner to the dusty track.

Toni rolled her eyes "I don't think burning down the tree in our special spot is the best thing in the world" Toni said laughing a bit. That would just be her luck though. No way was she going to try any spells. The only one she could preform was Lumos and Nox because of the mansion visit.

"Thanks" Toni said when Sam said she was a genius. He kissed her on the forehead quickly and Toni stood speechless for a bit. But in a bit she shook herself out of it. Though she took out her earrings. They weren't too pointy but they were diamond. Diamond was supposed to be strong right. As she felt the earrings against her hand she doubted they were work. Placing the one back in her ear she turned to Sam's direction. "Guess we are sticking with Stones" She said walking over to him.

Sam heard what Toni said from around the corner, it wasn't too bad. He had a good few pointy stones. He peeked his head around the corner, "C'mon, theres a ton over here." he said and bending down to pick up another sharp stone. He pricked a few against his finger, he tossed some away narrowing the amount he had from six to two.

Toni noticed Sam having a few sharp stones. Toni walked closer to the area in which Sam said there were tons. Along the way Toni picked up a few stones rubbing them gently about her hand seeing the sharpness. Though no of them seem good enough. Dropping them all she continued to look. This reminded Toni of looking for skipping Stones. Once summer when her and her sister Amanda went to the lake they looked all over for the perfect skipping stone. It took all day to find the perfect one but when they tried it, the stone skipped seven skips. It all seemed worth it. Though that was the past when Toni actually liked her siblings. Not anymore...not really.

Toni saw another stone lying on the ground. She picked it up and rubbed it against the palm of her hand. "Ouch" She said realzing that this one was rather sharp. "Found a decent one" She said

"You okay?" he asked her concerningly. He took the stone off her, "Thats a keeper alright.." he said and he began looking for one just a sharp. After a few minutes of thourough searching he finnaly found one. "I think this will do the trick" he said and he took Toni'2 hand. "Lets do this.." he smiled and walked back to the tree.

"Yeah I'm a tough one" Toni said smiling as she waited for Sam to find the perfect stone. Finally he found one. "Perfect" Toni said as she held Sam's hand in her's. She was actually excited to carve their names into a tree. Was that totally silly? Toni didn't really care at this time.

She walked back to the tree with Sam and looked at it. "It's like claiming this spot officially" She said grinning as she pressed her hand to the tree for a few moments. Toni removed her hand and looked at Sam. This was just something she wouldn't of have done if he wasn't here. It was nice, like almost showing that Toni did have two sides. A side that she showed everyone and the side only few others knew.

Sam smiled to her, "It is.." Sam said he looked up at the tall tree. "How about we do it here?" he asked her putting his hand on the spot. He bent down to the grass directly under the spot and he carved out a piece to check how hard it was to carve. "Its managable." he smiled.

Toni knelt down beside him her knees on the soft grass. Still she couldn't believe that she was in a place like this. Gosh in the outskirts of shopping central. She had gone shopping so many days and still not realized that this was here. Though she tried not to think about it.

Toni watched as Sam chipped out a piece of the tree to see if it was managable, Toni imagined. When he turned and said it was, she smiled. "Good searching for a rock all this time and having it not be able to be carved would really be a let down" Toni said smiling. "Why don't you do the honors though?" Toni said

"Yeah that would mega suck!" he said but not thinking about it as they found sharp enough rocks. "Okay, if your sure." he got up and began to carve into the tree. It took its time but he eventually mangaed to do it

He stepped back a bit, and squinted, yeah it was a bit messy but it will do. "Okay your turn my dear." he laughed and waited to see Toni's. He still couldn't believe he was here with her.

Toni watched as Sam attempted to carve into the tree. She smiled the whole time. It looked rather hard to carve. Toni just hoped she would be able to do it herself. As Sam finished Toni stepped back a bit to look at it. "The A's a bit odd" Toni teased though she hit him playfully.

When it was her turn, Toni took the stone. "Let's see if I can manage this" Toni said as she went right under his name making sure to press hard enough. It was actually quite hard. Toni pressed down glad that the T was easy. The hard part stayed with the o. When she finished it was not perfect more of an oval. Laughing at this she moved onto the N. The N was ok as was the i. Finally Toni was done and she took a step back to see her work.

Smiling she turned to Sam. "It looks good" She said looking at it and tilting her head to the side a moment before going back up and starting to carve something else. A small 'and' sign in between the names. "Perfect" She said standing up and walking back. "Absolutely perfect" She said again.

"Oi!" Sam laughed and hit her back. "Your O doesn't look the best." he teased her. When she was finsihed he had to agree, it was good. "It looks great.." he said ahppily when she added in the plus sign.
S AM

+

T O N I

"Thanks for doing this with me." he said gratefully to her. "I'll never forget this...never." he turned to her and hugged her.

Toni smiled "Oh well it looks fine" Toni said laughing a bit. It was the imperfections that made it look good. "It does look great" Toni said as she inched towards him. "Oh and no need to be thanking me" Toni said looking at both their names. "It was fun and I doubt anyone can forget this" Toni said. She could completely imagine coming up here and sitting by the tree looking at their names.

As Sam hugged Toni she embraced his hug and hugged back. This was actaully a lot of fun and Toni couldn't believe she had actually did this though. Though she didn't want to let go finally Toni did. "I have to say this is the first time I have ever carved my name into a tree" Toni said smiling

"Well I second that!" he said to her as she let go of the hug. He then stared at where their names were written, the suns rays shined evenly on the spot, Sam laughed quietly to how perfect things were going. He couldn't imagine it any other way.

"Well we can now officailly call it our spot!" he said happily. When he first came here it was beautiful, now it was more, much more. In more ways than one. Especially because Toni was there.

Toni smiled at the names and then at Sam. "Did you know that you are just perfect" Toni asked as she reached out for his hand and swung it a few times. Though she couldn't help but smile probably more bright than she had before when Sam repeated that it was their spot.

"I hope no one ever finds it either" Toni said hoping that it would remain Sam and Toni's spot until they left school. Though at the same time she wanted others to see it just for the fact of having someone else know. SHe wouldn't tell anyone though. Usually a girl ran to her other friends and told about all the things romantic that the boy had done. Sadly Toni didn't have a friends she could do that with. She left them all back home.

Sam laughed, "Not as perfect as you.." he said. He leaned in closer and kissed her on her lips. He pulled away, not knowing if he should have done that. "Sorry.." he murmered quietly. He was embarrassed, he could've wrecked everything.

"If someone finds it, they better back off!" Sam laughed, "If they carve they're names on it, we'll find them." he said evilly but was joking.

Toni felt her cheeks growing slightly hotter and pink. Sam had just called her perfect. Though Sam leaned in and kissed her on the lips. It surprised her a bit but she wasn't complaining. She looked at Sam as a smile curved her lips. "no need to be sorry" Toni said as she leaned in an gave him a soft and brief kiss on the lips as well. Toni turned once more to face the names. Mostly to stop herself from blushing, as well not to noticed what she had just done, and a bit to look at the names they had carved.

"Oh yes I can see us tracking them down" Toni said laughing a bit. Though she couldn't imagine anyone else carving their names into this tree.

Sam smiled back to her as she kissed him. He laughed at what Toni said, "You know I could stay here all night with you." he said, this was the most special thing that ever happened to him. He hopped back onto the branch, "Okay, I'm going to completely ruin the moment by trying something." he gave her a cheeky grin, before making himself hang off the tree by his legs. Everything was upside down. He laughed, "Your still look beautiful." he winked. "C'mon try this." Although there was an amount of blood rushing to his head, he didn't care.

A smile was on her face that seemed like it was never going to come off. "I know sleeping under the stars" Toni said imagining it. Though she knew she could never do that. That was all she needed to do was get in trouble before classes. Though right now she coudlnt' think about classes or anything but the fact that she had just had her first kiss at eleven Unbelievable She thought as she watched Sam hop on the branch again.

"Way to ruin the moment" Toni said rolling her eyes as she watched Sam hang upside down "Oh I'm glad I look beautiful upside down" Toni said laughing a bit as she walked over to the branch and sat down on top. She wrapped her legs around the branch as she went upside down as well. Her blonde hair just hitting the ground. "Wow I am going to be so dizzy" She said smiling.

"Well not just upside down. Always." he said trying to force himself up to look at her then his back couldn't take anymore and he went back to hanging. "Ah well, we're young. We can cope." he said to her, "Y'know if someone came up right now- which I doubt- it would be so strange two children hanging off a branch." he laughed though it hurt him to laugh upside down.

He noticed her hair touching the grass, his a good few centimetres away. Although she was a girl so she was allowed. "This is the most fun I had in ages!" he said excitedly, he let his legs slip off the branch and he fell right on the grass, "Ouch..." he laughed. As he lay on the grass he looked up at Toni who was still upside down, "You look like a nutter." he laughed.

Toni smiled to herself thinking about how lucky she really was to be here with someone like Sam. "Oh yes but I think I may need held up so keep that in mind" Toni said knowing that she would not be able to keep back up on the branch without falling off.

Toni laughed as Sam thought about what would have happened if someone walked in and saw them. "Well they would be in for a show" Toni said laughing as she thought about what she would think if she saw the same situation.

"I know" Toni said when Sam said it was the most fun he had had in awhile. "Me too. I swear my mother would kill me if she saw me. Probably give me a speech about how un lady like I am" Toni said rolling her eyes but breaking into laughter when Sam fell "Are you ok" Toni asked bitting her tongue so she didn't laugh.

"oh I look like a nutter" Toni said smiling "At least I didn't fall" She said as she felt the blood rushing towards her head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back