Not just a Walk

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
[Sorry I took so long. But I have to go, I'll post later ;) ]

Sam walked out of Madam Puddifoots holding Toni's hand. He smiled to her quickly and said "Do you want to go somewhere maybe more peaceful." The street was busy with shoppers talking. "How about the outskirts?" he asked her, "Its quite nice there." he promised. Now just to remember the way he thought to himself.

((That's Fine ^_^ ))

Toni couldn't help but smile as she walked down the busy streets of Brightstone Village. Anyone in her spot would be as happy. She had just walked out of Madan Puddifoots hand and hand with the Sam. She was more than just lucky. As he looked over at her, she returned the look. "Sounds nice" Toni said when Sam told her about the outskirts. "But if you get us lost" She warned of coarse joking. Toni looked around slightly hoping to remember in case they did but it wouldn't matter. If they did get lost at least they would be lost together.

"Well I can't I promise you that we won't get lost." Sam laughed. "But I think I remember the way." he said hopefully. He walked through the crowds hand-in-hand with Toni. He would never forget this. They weaved through busy shoppers and crowds of hyper students. "I think it could just be up this way.." he said out loud, pointing with his free hand into a quiet dusty road. They walked in silence more, but it wasn't an awkward silence. He was just appreciating this moment, treasuring it almost.

As they further made it up the road Sam was more certain. "This is definetly it." he looked at her. "You're going to love this." he gave her hand a quick squeeze and walked on further.

Toni smiled thinking about the two of them lost just walking around aimlessly. Though the more she thought about it the more it didn't become a bad thing at all. Quite the opposite actually. Toni pushed the getting lost out of her mind as she thought about nothing in certain. She was smiling as she weaved through the students and other people. Getting basically no looks from anyone. When Sam pointed saying that it was right up that way she squeezed his hand gently. Toni thought he was so cute. Sort of like he was finding a special spot for them or at least that was what Toni thought of it.

Though they continued to walk, Toni looking around taking everything in. For some odd reason she wanted to remember this day. "Oh good" Toni said when Sam said it was difinetly it. Toni was actually a bit curious. She had not really wondered far out of the shopping areas. "I've never been out this way" Toni said smiling brightly

"I've only been up here once before." Sam said continuing to walk up the path, it was starting to get steeper, almost like a hill. Patches of grass begin to pop up along the dirt road. A few more moments passed in silence. "Okay." he said skipping in front of her. "Just wait one second." he let go of her hand and hurried around the corner alone. Yep this was the place. He walked back to where he left Toni. "C'mon this is it." he was pleased that he didn't get them lost. As he walked beside her around the corner, there stood a large oak tree, massive. Around it was covered in grass and small dandelions scattered randomly. The oaks roots stuck out above the ground, its bark was thick and there was a branch low enough to sit on. It was quite sterdy too. "Well...?" he asked as the sun shone brightly and gave everything a golden glimmer.

Toni wondered how Sam would come on to a place like this. Though she did not wonder too much. As she started to walk up the path which seemed almost hill like. The dirt seemed to come to an end and Toni could just sort of tell they were almost there. It seemed like she didn't seem much grass around the shopping areas and even for a girl who did not care too much for the outdoors she liked to see a bit.

As Sam stepped in front of her Toni stopped. "Ok" She said simply when he told her to wait a second. Toni wanted to follow him as he left to go around the corner but she knew that it may ruin the surprise. She just wanted patiently, probably for the first time in her life. When Sam came back Toni was rather excited. "Then we've made it" she said smiling when Sam confirmed that this was the right place.

Toni walked slowly with Sam around the corner. Once there she sort of just stopped. It was beyond wonderful and ever so beautiful. Toni looked around a bit wondering how some place like this could be missed by so many people. A smile on her face was there engraved almost.

Toni turned to Sam then back to look at the area. She looked at the small yellow dandelions and the lovely oak tree that was so big Toni had never saw one that big in her life. "Gosh" She said simply not knowing what else to say. She turned back to Sam "Gosh you are such a romantic" She said grinning as her eyes turned back to the scene that looked almost as it was from a movie. "How could I miss a place like this?" She asked more to herself.

Sam laughed, "I just thought it might be a nice place to spend time together." he stepped closer to her. "I know, hardly anyone know's about it." he smiled, "Lets just say its our little secret." Sam brushed some of her hair behind her ear. He kept eye contact, "I really like you Toni.." he said quietly it was almost a whisper.

Toni looked over at him "Well you thought right" Toni said watching him step closer "it is just gorgeous" She said her voice lower now like it was just the proper thing to do. She couldn't help but be a little nervous at how close Sam and Toni were. And that was saying something. Toni was never really nervous about anything.

When Sam said it could be there little secret Toni felt like she was in one of those romantic movies. This was going to be their spot. she knew it. Toni continued to look at Sam. As he pushed a piece of her own behind her ear Toni's cheeks turned a light shade of pink Don't blush don't blush Toni thought to herself not looking away from Sam. "I really like you too Sam" Toni said her voice down to the same volume of his. She wasn't quite sure what to do now. She knew what she wanted to but gosh she was only eleven. "I can see me coming here a lot with you" Toni said still almost whispering.

"Me too.." he said just as quiet. "Like our hideout. When we need to run from the world." he laughed still quietly. It was hard to believe that a place so peaceful was just a few minute walk from the busy town centre. It was silent then. No wind. Everything stood still. He wanted to kiss her, but maybe she wouldn't want to. But he leaned in and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, harmless right?

His heart skipped a beat when he kissed her, he smiled to her slightly. I was only a quick peck on the cheek but it really mean't something to him. He couldn't find the right words to describe it.

Toni smiled brightly as she wondered how this place could be so quiet. She wondered why people haven't found it yet though she was more than glad that no one but Sam had. Was she the first that he had brought up here? Toni hoped so. Sam made it sound like she was which made her feel more than special. "Running away from the world sounds like a plan" Toni said silently as she smiled again not wanting to ever stop.

Then all of a sudden Sam leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. Her usually pale cheeks tinted pink as she turned to look at him, her face full of nothing but happiness. Sure it was just a kiss on the cheek but still it was more than adorable. She didn't really know what to say. What does a girl say after that. "You're too sweet" She said a soft smile on her lips. Though it wasn't the best thing in the world to say, how could Toni know exactly what to say at a time like this. "I am so lucky" She said her words like a whisper.

Sam looked at her wide-eyed. "You could do better." he said to her truthfuly, itwas how he felt, though he wasn't complaining. He took up her hand, "Lets sit on the branch..it is strong if your worried it will fall." he winked. He wiped off any old moss or dirt before Toni sat down. A gentle breeze began to blow and the grass swayed slightly, the leaves rustled, but not too much. "You know your the first person I have ever brought here." he said as they sat on the branch.

Toni almost laughed as Sam's eyes got wide. "You're funny" She said knowing that he really meant it but she didn't say much more. "No I couldn't do better" She said though it felt like she had said that plenty of times before or at least she had thought it. "not even close" She said as Sam and her walked over to the branch.

Smiling as he wiped off the branch so she could sit down. Toni sat down carefully hoping that she wasn't going to fall. Now that would ruin the moment she thought. As the wind blew, Toni's blonde hair blew slightly. Though when Sam said that Toni was the first person he brought here Toni couldn't help but smile. "Really?" Toni said knowing that there was no need. "Then this really is our spot" Toni said.

Samwatched the dandelions sway peacefully, "This really is our spot." he agreed. "I found it when I first arrived in New Zealand. It was my very first time in Brightstone and I got sidetracked." he paused. "I guess the bit of adventure in me found its way out that day and I stumbeled here." Sam smiled. At first he didn't know what to do. He wanted to stay there but he had his uncle worried so he had to return. "Its better now your here.." he said to her.

Toni smiled slightly as she looked about. Thinking that this would be a great place to come when nothing else in life is going right. Though Toni hoped for not many of those days she knew they would come. As Sam repeated that it was their spot she let out a small sigh. Toni listened as Sam said how he found this spot. Smiling as he told his story she wondered if she would be able to find a spot like this someday and be able to show it to Sam.

"You're only saying that to make me blush" Toni said with a small smile on her face. Though Toni really hoped that he meant it. "Even if we aren't in the same classes I know we are going to be able to see each other a lot" Toni said. It was a thought that was going through her mind hoping that she would see Sam. Though she knew that now that they had a spot for them, they would meet up. Even if they met up some place out. They would go out of their way.

Sam smirked at her. "Its the truth!" he pushed her playfully, "But....I'm so glad I can stalk you and make you blush. I'm so talented!" he laughed. "Yeah, we can meet up here for the Brightstone weekends. Don't worry, I'll make sure I won't lose you." he winked.

Toni smiled as Sam playfully pushed her. "Sure it is" She teased inside so happy it wasnt' even funny anymore. Though when Sam said his next comment she let out a small laugh. "Oh yes you are one of the few that can make me blush" Toni said looking out at the landscape in front of her. "I guess you are more talented than I thought" Toni added teasing a bit.

"Promise you won't" Toni said smiling knowing that Sam and her would make it together no matter what. The wind blew gently. "This would be a nice day for horse back riding" Toni said thinking about her horse at home, Sugar.

"I guess so...any talents of yours that I am unaware of?" he asked her supiciously and raised an eyebrow, although his lips spread into a smile.

"I promise Toni." he said and put his arm around her shoulder. "Ok I am not that talented that I can make a horse appear. But I'll work on it." he said sarcastically. "Do you go hosre-back riding?"

Toni smiled brightly. "I guess you will just have to find if I have any talents on your own" She said flashing him an almost mysterious smile. Toni didn't really have many talents that she would share or that she would like to. She could sing, and ride horses but besides that nothing that was too important.

"Good" Toni said as Sam put his arm around her shoulder. She inched slightly closer tempted to rest her head on his shoulder. "Oh come on what's the good in being a wizard if you can't make a horse appear into thin air" Toni teased. "I love to horse back ride" Toni said closing her eyes for a minute and picturing her stables back home. "I have a horse named Sugar that I ride all the time" Toni said laughing a bit when she thought of how the name was not creative. "I told you I couldn't make up names" She managed to say.

"Well I'll make sure I'll find them.." he said to her. Sam smiled when Toni inched in closer, he felt warmer. "Really? Your do Horse back riding? Do you do any competitions?" he asked, while thinking how lame he was doing only one sport, but then agin that was the only one which caught his attention. "Hey Sadie was preety awesome!" he said, "You don't give yourself enough credit." he laughed.

A small laugh escaped Toni's lips. "Yeah I horse back ride. I've done a few competitions but nothing major. I mostly just ride for fun though" Toni said "I'll have to teach you how to ride sometime" Toni said "We have three horses back home that I bet one would like you" She said teasing a bit. Though she wondered if she had just really invited Sam over to her house. Was that sort of risky with all her family being there. She didn't want Sam to have to deal with her siblings. That would just be mean.

"Oh yes Sadie was a decent name. Better than fluffy" Toni said thinking about her cute little kitten.

"Yeah I'll look forward to it." he said happily, though he wasn't sure if she really mean't it or was it just a use of expression. If she did mean it, he would have to invite her back to his. At least he wasn't living with his parents, that would be catastrophic! It would only be his uncle. He shrugged it off. "Yeah, well no offense but anything is better than fluffy!" he laughed and tickled her playfully.

"It seems odd talking that far away though" Toni said thinking briefly about the Summer. Gosh it seemed like they had just been sorted, really they had. Toni didn't care to think that far ahead. It was just that she was slightly grateful that she didn't have to see her family until the summer time. How thankful she was for that.

"Oh come on I could have thought of a worse name maybe" Toni paused "Fine your right" She said laughing at bit as he began to tickle her. "Knock it off" Toni said in between laughter. She batted at his hands before grabbing them. "You have some nerve Prince" She teased trying to catch her breath from laughing.

"Well if I can remember you didn't have the easiest time picking name either" Toni said rolling her eyes playfully.

"Yeah, are you staying for the holidays?" he asked her, he definitely was. Why would he spend his time at his uncles when he could be at Hogwarts. Sam continued to tickle her and took her hands, "Your pretty strong!" he laughed and held both of her hands softly in his. "Oi at least I didn't come out with stupid ones." he teased. "No, I'm just joking with you." he laughed. He was having such a good time he never wanted it to end.

"Yes without a doubt" Toni said without a pause. "There is no way I am going home if I don't have to" She said smiling slightly though. Whenever did she believe that an eleven year old would have a choice in the matter of going home and staying in school. It was always liked she felt so much older.

"Are you staying?" She asked hoping that he was. Beau had told her that he was staying and if Sam was that meant it would just be wonderful. "Oh yes I am awfully strong" Toni said laughing a bit. As she held his hands softly now liking the moment, like a scene.

"At least I came up with one" Toni said sticking out her tongue playfully. It was so childish but at times Toni liked to remind herself that she was a child. She was allowed to act childish.

"Oh, I'm staying for sure." Sam said, "I'm glad your staying." he added softly, it would make things so much better now Toni would be around. "Yeah...well..." he said trying to think of what to say, "...whatever." he laughed.

He swung his legs under the branch, he watched his feet swing slightly. He then turned to look up to Toni he smiled to her. He turned his eyes to the tree, his eyes then widened. "I have an idea.! You don't happen to have anything sharp with you do you?" he asked her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back