Not just a Walk

Sam sniggered, "Gee, thanks Toni. Thats great to know." he said his voice dripping with sarcasm. He looked at her when she mentioned that she never spent this much time outside, he then turned back to the sky, "Well its a good thing I dragged you up here then. Get some air into those lungs." he joked, he was almost giddy at this stage. "Outside can have its up's and down's though, I mean I usually just go for walks when my par-" but he shut his mouth. He was going to say something but Toni wouldn't want to hear it. Anyways it was personal, he would be quite embarrassed telling it.

He tried to think of something to say quickly to avoid the awkwardness, he thought and thought but the silence crept in. He gave up eventually, there was not really much point in recovering from that incident.

Toni smiled at Sam. It was hard not to smile. Something terrible could happen right now and Toni would still have a hard time getting the smile on her face. It just felt like it was meant to be. "Oh you did not drag me up here" Toni said as she looked up at the one star she had made the wish on before. It seemed ages a go. Time was one their side finally or at least Toni thought it was.

As Sam began to tell a story he stopped suddenly. Toni wondered if it was something that she didn't want to hear or that Sam didn't want to tell her. Anyway she was curious. "You usually go for walks when what?" Toni asked. Yes she was prying into his life. She really just wanted to get to know more about him and plus once someone started a story like that and cut it off it was only human nature for the person listening to be curious.

Toni waited a bit smiling to herself "you dont' have to tell me if you really don't want to" she said trying to pull the whole guilt trip thing. It usually did work with people Toni knew.

Sam swallowed hard and then sighed, "Well, I've told you about my dad. The real cruel, heartless--whatever--well basically he is like a adult bully." he felt so stupid saying this. "There has been some trouble at home, y'know with my parents..and I was just saying...when they......um." Sam paused almost as if it was painful to say, "fight. I usually leave the house. I tried runniong away once aswell.." he said sadly though he wasn't pitying himself, he lived here with his uncle now. No point dwelling in the past right?

"Thats my story. Any questions feel free." He felt almost relieved it was off his chest, though he felt more that he had put a downer on their evening. "Sorry about that.." he apoligised.

Toni listened wondering if she really should have asked. Maybe Sam didn't want to tell her things like this. If it was her Toni probably wouldn't have said anything. Was that awful? Though she listened contently though when the story was over Toni tried to smile "Remind me to never let you tell me a bed time story" Toni said laughing a bit. She looked over at him though "Not every family is perfect. Trust me" She added. Toni didn't think she would ever be happy with her family but that was for more reasons that she could actually count.

Smiling she thought about how they wouldn't really have to go home in the longest time. "At least we have the school year. No more folks" Toni said happily. "And we get to spend holidays together. It's just " Toni paused thinking about the right word. "Wonderful" She said.

Sam nodded, it wasn't awkward between them. Probably because they were so close. "Yeah your right, I won't see them for at least a whole year." And I get to spend holidays with you...he thought beaming at her.

"That cheered me up more, thank you." he said sincerly. "You should be like those..erm...like counciller people." He had one back at his old school. He laughed he laughed he couldn't imagine Toni in a boring old suit in a boring old job, she would do greater things.

Toni smiled when Sam said that she had cheered him up a bit more. Usually Toni didn't get comments like that but with Sam it seemed so different. Though when he said that she should be one of those counslers Toni let out a few laughs. "Oh yes I would be great at that" She said "They would tell me their problems and I would tell that to get over oh how everyone would love that" Toni said smiling as she thought about it.

"No I think a shop owner is more up my alley or a clothing designer" She added thinking about how they both were almost considered muggle jobs as well as wizarding but still clothing was something Toni was interested in and if she did say so herself she was rather good at it. "Are you planning on being a famous Quidditch Star?" Toni asked smiling to herself thinking about it. Sam could probably make it. Toni had faith in that.

Sam nodded, those jobs were perfect for her. He then smirked when she sadi about him becoming a quidditch star, "Well thats the plan anyways. I hope to be on the Chudley Cannons..the best chaser ever!" He laughed, yes this was his dream but the reality of it coming true was slim to none. He was just Sam from London.

Sam gazed up at the stars, the one he named Toni he wished on it that his dreams would come true. Yes it was tacky and corny but with some luck....He sighed happily and continued to watch the stars just then a quick flash, a shooting star. "Hey! Hey! Did you see that?" he asked her excitedly he had never seen one before.

Toni looked up at the sky focusing on the full moon. No she wasn't worried about werewolves anymore but still she couldn't help but think about how pretty a full moon did look when you were watching it outside, with someone. "Well it sounds like a good plan" Toni said "As long as I am invited to every quidditch match that it" She said thinking about how the future seemed so far away to even think about.

As a shoot of light seemed to cross the sky Toni rubbed her eyes. Maybe she was just getting tired. Yet Sam seemed to have noticed it as well. Glad that she wasn't losing it Toni smiled "You know you are supposed to make a wish when you see a shooting star" Toni said wondering what the chances that they would see a shooting star tonight. It seemed so unlikely but still it was possible. It had occured.

"Of coarse I'll invite you! I mena you could design the Chudley Cannons new robes!" he said, that would be cool. But even thinking about that spooked him out, he was just a kid. Not a famous quidditch player...yet.

"That was incredible. Nature really can be amazing." he said his mouth still hung open a little. "Right lets make a wish.." He thought about it, he had already wished for him to become a quidditch player. He then thought about what else would be worth wishing for..Toni was. He wished that himself and Toni would be together always as friends or something more. He was satisfied with his wish but he sneakily added...and to play for chudley cannons..

Toni smiled at the idea. "That actually sounds good. Plus you could always use a bit of style" She teased. Actually she didn't mind Sam's style he was one of the boys that seemed to care, or that at least put themself together well. And as anyone could see that did make things all the better.

"I have to say Nature isn't as awful as I thought but still even now I am not going to be turning into some nature loving freak" Toni said aloud as to Sam and to reassure herself as well. Though as Sam said to make a wish Toni was tempted to say that he was already here but knew that was probably just a cheesy line even if she did mean it. "Ok" Toni said thinking about what she really wanted to wish for. She had already made one wish tonight on the first star should she make the same one.

Finally a wish came to mind I wish that no matter what happens none of the friendships that I have made will ever break Toni thought thinking about Sam, Knight, Beau, Jake and a few others that may be affected by anything. And that werewolves don't attack She thought quickly in wondering if she could have two but guessing that the second one just made her feel better to think about.

Toni closed her eyes for a bit trying to think on the wish a bit more before she opened them smiling to herself. "This was utterly amazing" Toni said sighing contently. "Everything was" She added.

Sam inched closer to her, "It really was.." he kissed the top of her head quickly. "Lets just hope these wishes come true." he said thoughtfully. "Does this mean the end?" he asked her, he didn't know if she wanted to leave or not. His uncle would be worring he should have been back a good forty minutes ago. But right now, he didn't care, nothing mattered.

He rubbed his hand up and down the top of her arm just to keep her warm. It was colder, it must have been getting later...but no matter how much he tried to deny it their perfect day was coming to an end. But he waited to see what she thought.

Toni wanted to just stay out here all night. It was getting colder but she would survive. They were both close enough for now to keep Toni from shivering. Plus it was just something like this that she wanted to freeze in time and just keep replaying it over and over. If only that was possible She thought.

"I don't want it to" Toni said slowly when Sam asked if this meant it had to end. "But I think we should head back." Toni said almost in a whisper as if she didn't want to words to be heard aloud. "If you get into too much trouble your uncle may think I am a bad influence and we wouldn't want that" Toni said smiling wondering if Sam even told his uncle about her. Toni hadn't told her parents about Sam but really Toni didn't tell her parents anything important.

Sam slowly nodded, "Your right.." he said and he reluctantly got up from the grass. He patted the grass down from his skinny jeans. He then took a quick glance at the tree again. How beautiful this day was. He held out his hand for Toni. It was almost better that they left now just in case something had ruined the moment, but he doubted that something would've happened. He thought about his uncle at home, he gulped. This wasn't going to be pretty.

Toni smiled slightly as she took Sam's hand and got up off the grass. Wipping all the grass of off her outift and running her hand through her hair once she looked over at him. Then her eyes glanced at the scene about them wondering to herself how long she would have to wait to visit here again.

"I hope you are not going to get into too much trouble all because of me" Toni said thinking it more than she had meant to say it. It wasn't Toni' goal when they came out here to stay out later than curfew. It was more just something that happened. Though she wouldn't regret it for the world. Just she did hope Sam's uncle didn't get too mad at him.

Sam shook his head, "Ah! Don't worry, my uncle is a big softy at heart." he winked. "So this is it.." he said sadly, "Thank you for coming with me today." he said thinking about when he found her in Madam Puddifoots not three or four hours ago. It couldn't be.. he thought. It seemed like that was ages ago.

He still held Toni's hand he swung it slightly. He inched in closer to her. He smiled and then hugged her, "We'll see each other before hogwarts.." he said more reassuring himself than her.

Reassured that Sam wasn't going to get into too much trouble, Toni relaxed a bit. "If you say so" She said smiling slighly though she could tell that Sam was more upset that this day was over. Toni wasn't thrilled about it coming to an end either but there would be more days like today. There had to be. Toni would make sure of it.

"Oh it was my pleasured. Thank you for showing me your special place" Toni said glancing out the corner of her eye at the tree that now held both their names. She embraced him in a hug smiling. They had seemed to spent so much time here and Toni didn't want to doubt how long she had actually spent.

"Of coarse we will" Toni said hoping..no knowing it was true. "There will be days like today again" She added not knowing if any day could really keep up to a day like today, but Toni sure was going to try.

Sam let go of the hug, "Yeah even if we don't get to see each other before Hogwarts. We'll have the whole year together." Sam thought delightfully. He beamed to her again, he then kissed her cheek softly. "I really ought to go...I'll see you soon.." he said slowly. "I promise." he walked slowly to the corner and once he was there he looked back to her and gave her a small wave and he walked down the dirt hill back to the centre of town.

Toni smiled "You bet" She said thinking that this was going to be the best school year ever. "See you later" Toni said softly as Sam began to walk off. With a small wave in return Toni watched as he walked out of sight. "Wow" She said to herself once he was out of view. For a few moments she just stood there in her, no their spot. Yet as her eyes moved to the full moon it no longer was as pretty as she thought when they were together. With a shrug she started to walk back in the direction of her house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back