Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
hetrosexual
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2 Inch Sturdy Fir Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
HNZ,

I bring sad news, I don't know if you have heard about it yet, but, Richard Griffiths, who played Vernon Dursley in the Potter movies, has passed away today due to complications following heart surgery, aged 65.
He was an OBE, and he had a fairly extensive career, in movies, TV and on stage.

So yeah, :(

BBC article

Thoughts and well wishes go out to his family and friends.

Sad news, indeed. :(
I'm not familiar with any of his other work, but he did a great job through Harry Potter portraying his character (so well, in fact, that I just naturally continued to despise uncle Vernon and didn't even think about the skill of the actor behind him until now -- I'm a dreadful dramatic art student :doh: ).

Reading through the BBC article, it seems as though his legacy will continue through the lives he was a part of and especially the next generation of actors that he supported and helped.

Awh this is really sad. :(
I remember seeing him in Hugo and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tide. He was an outstanding actor! I like how you titled this topic though, very fitting for the occasion. RIP Richard Griffiths! ♥

I know, it's so sad. He was a great actor, I've seen him in television shows, Pirates of the Carribean, Sleepy Hollow, and of course Harry Potter. He was a brilliant comedic actor. He was only 65! My thoughts and prayers go to his friends, and family. Especially his wife. <3 R.I.P

:( This is such sad news.

Yeah, it's very sad. :( I've also known him mostly on Harry Potter, and I think that his role was a big part of the story. He will be missed, and I feel sorry for the people that were really close to him - he died so young at 65, I agree! R.I.P Richard Griffiths

Ack! Why do I only know about this now!
Regardless this is very sad. My thoughts go to his family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back