Xiochtle Lief Morta

OOC First Name
E to the A
Sexual Orientation
Boring Lass
Wand
People Repellling
Hey so yeah, I'm new.

Hey, I joined about an hour ago, as if that helps anything. As you can see my name isn't that easy to understand nor pronounce so... here it is.

Xiochtle- So-shie-tel

But you can also call me Xio (So) or Lief.

And since I'm new here, I don't really know how things circulate around here. Especially when you're unsorted. So it would help me a lot if someone could help me. Please. ;)

Hello and welcome to HNZ!
My name is Zach and I'm happy to meet you!

You're actually really lucky in that sorting will begin quite soon so you don't have to wait around! :)

The Site Documentation, which I believe Nick linked you to in the shout box, and is also accessible through the information link at the top of the board, can most definitely tell you anything you'll need to know, but if you have any more questions - feel free to shoot me a PM!

You can also contact the Global Moderators or Administrators :)

Once again, welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay :)

I was wondering how to pronounce the name and I was very off. xD

It's always good to see new faces. I hope you stick round, most of us don't bite.
And it really is the best time to have joined up. Once Sorting starts up you can fill out the sorting form for your character, or make an adult character/student attending one of the others schools, which you'll just need to request a group change out of unsorted.

Don't feel limited to just contacting the staff either, for simple things at least, we're all pretty helpful too so don't be afraid to just ask questions :p

Welcome!
It's always awesome when new people come and join! As Zach said, you're very fortunate as it's coming towards the end of the school term, so sorting isn't that far off at all. If you ever want to have a chat, you can always send me a PM or give a shout in Shouty or even in Green Eggs and SPAM!! ^_^
I hope to see you around! :D
~Tenilee

Thank You for the hospitality.

By the way, I have a few questions...
1. Is there a specific date in which the Sorting starts?
2. As you can see, I am a bit too old to be a 1st year, so any solutions 'bout that?

I'm sorry for bothering anyone. Thanks anyway. :unsure:

Xiochtle Lief Morta said:
Thank You for the hospitality.

By the way, I have a few questions...
1. Is there a specific date in which the Sorting starts?
2. As you can see, I am a bit too old to be a 1st year, so any solutions 'bout that?

I'm sorry for bothering anyone. Thanks anyway. :unsure:
Any time. :)

1. Not a specific date, no, but most likely soon! :) Probably if I had to guess I'd say the next week or two.
2. 11 is the correct age for first years in Hogwarts. :) 11 or 12.

Let me know if you want to know anything else!

~ Zach

So yeah, that's the problem. I'm 5 years older than the required age or something. :(

Doesn't matter at all! Most of us around here are a lot older than you xD The thing is, because we're roleplaying fictional characters, you can make your character anything you like - and you can fiddle with his age too! So it doesn't matter how old you are in real life, just how old your character is ^_^

I hope that helps, I'm not sure I explained it too well, so do ask if you don't understand xD

Also, welcome to HNZ! :woot:

Hi, Xio, and welcome!

There's not much that hasn't already been said, but ayee.. the HNZ months last between about 5 days to 3 weeks each, I think? Depends how much is going on in that month. In all, sorting comes around about twice a year. You can make as many characters as you like, and they can all have different names/ages, so there's no need to worry about being too old for sorting ^_^ When sorting opens there will be an announcement in the new section and the announcement will appear all over the site, so you won't be able to miss it!

Welcome again, hope to see you around soon! Feel free to drop me a PM if you need more help ^_^

Hello!

First of welcome to HNZ! We're very happy to have you here. And like James said, most of us aren't the same age as our characters or anything, for one, I'm not a 24 year old married man from New Zealand, I'm a 21 year old named Emzies, a recently graduated student from Scotland.
I'm one of the Global Moderators on this site, so I'm here to make sure you have a great time and the site continues to run as smoothly as it does.
To get yourself started, you should take a look at the Rules, it can give you a round up of the rules and things that might help you out in getting started and also look here which is information for new roleplayers who perhaps haven't RPed before and aren't sure about it yet. Those links might help you out in getting started.
But of course if you have any questions or concerns, or anything don't hesitate to PM me, I'll be sure to help you to the best of my ability.

Once again, welcome to HNZ, I hope you have a great time with us
Emzies

Thanks, again.

Now I understand. Like, I seriously came here empty minded about these things but thanks to all of you who helped me, I've been coping up fine.

I know, I'm not that ready yet and some things aren't quite clear. But since I'm still unsorted I'm just gonna take one step at a time.

Thanks everyone, sorry for bothering. :cyndi:

It's not a bother! And it's all super easy once you get the hang of it :p

Hi!

I'm Cyndi, one of the admin here. When I joined the site, I wasn't entirely sure what role-playing even was so I ended up using my actual first name for my first character. Since then, I'd like to think I've learned some things about role-playing so if you have any questions, PM me. I'm on often, and I try to reply to PMs as quickly as I am able to. :)

In answer to your earlier question, now that the school year is just about finished, sorting is about to get underway. It'll begin much, much sooner than some of these answers seem to suggest. ;) If you're around the site at all today, you'll find out just how soon. :)

Best of luck getting the hang of the site.

~Cyndi

Hya!

To all who helped me, thank you. I really like Harry Potter y'know and I also want to experience Role playing. So Thank you very much.

And I'm hoping to RP with everyone soon. :D

Helloooo! Welcome to HNZ! :D I'm Clara, and yep, that's my crazy personality for you xD

Hope you're enjoying the site so far, I know I'm loving it here!

If you need to chat or want to role play, feel free to PM me, I'm pretty harmless, or at least this character is :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back