New Zealand Condo

Asher simply nodded. "Yes ma'am." Asher looked at Ms. Patrokov curiously. "Please excuse me, but may I ask why your family can't know what you are?"

"It would hurt Nina's father that I kept a secret all this time, he thinks I am his real mother, who died when he was two years old," Liesel explained softly.

"Oh, I understand." Asher smiled warmly at Nina's grandmother. "Is there anything else you would like to know?"

"Thank you dear, I would like to know almost everything you let out of your little explanation of your past, I know it might be hard, but I was in the very same position you are in now," Liesel said to the young girl with a small trusting smile.

Asher nodded. "Well, to begin with, I was born in Brittany, France. My parents were both Death Eaters who met and fell in love during school. They took the fall of the Dark Lord very hard and vowed to continue his work. They were out to make an attack when the Aurors found them. They must have known where they were going to be. I can't believe that they killed instantly, they had to have known of my sister and I. But my parents probably refused to give up. There were killed and my sister was sent to Godric's Hollow and I was sent to Canterbury." Asher closed her eyes as she thought of all the things she'd been through in the orphanage.

"Oh French, I like this already," Liesel said with a small smile at Asher and let her continue with her explanation. And at the end Liesel saw the pain on Asher's face and Liesel said, "I am very sorry this has happened to both you and your sister, speaking of her, what is her name?" Liesel made sure that her question wasn't a harsh one because the evident pain Asher was in.

Asher smiled slightly. "Her name is Abbey. Her past is a little better than mine. She's had better luck. I'm glad, she deserves to have a good place to go home to."

"And you mentioned she lives in an orphanage, it isn't as bad as yours is it dear?" Liesel asked worridly she knew she was going to adopt Asher and perhaps Abbey.

"No, hers isn't anywhere near as bad. She has a few friends and she has someone who knew our parents to spend time with." Asher smiled as she thought of how well Abbey's life had turned out with the cards they had been dealt.

"Thats good, I just have one last question for you, do you believe in following He Who Must Not Be Named?" Liesel asked using what he was often called decades ago, she just hadn't gotten out of the habit of it as many wizards and witches her age did.

Asher looked up. "I'm not sure anymore...I used to want to follow my parents legacy but my life has changed so much in the last year...I..I just don't think I could anymore. For the first time since my parents were alive, I have love in my life and I don't want to risk losing it. And I don't want to take love away from anyone else." Asher looked shocked at her new realization. "I..I never really thought that much about it, but I think the answer is no. I don't want to follow him anymore..." Asher smiled and her eyes misted.

Liesel nodded and said, "Thank you Asher, now I am going to ask you to do something for me, I will get Nina out of my bedroom and while you are doing this take your wand out and simply say 'Finte' even if you do not know the spell I used I will do it at the same time, wait for my signal okay?"

Asher was still confused but took out her wand and nodded, waiting for the signal.

Liesel smiled at the girl and walked over to her bedroom to get Nina, she signalled Nina to come foward and Nina followed nervously. Liesel walked behind Nina and nodded her head discretly and at the same time as Asher she pointed her finger at Nina and said, "Finte."

Asher saw Ms. Patrokov nod her head and she muttered 'Finite'. She smiled at Nina hoping her eyes weren't still watering.

Nina saw that Asher's eyes were watering and she quickly walked over to her and gave her a small hug and looked nervously at her Grandmother and said, "So whats the verdict?" After a few seconds of silence her Grandmother simply nodded and Nina looked at Asher tears now forming. And she gave her another hug.

Asher saw Ms. Patrokov nod and her eyes widened. Nina wrapped her in a hug and Asher was speechless. She looked up at Nina's grandmother. "Really?" Asher looked at Nina and the tears began to flow.

"Yes Asher," said Nina's grandmother and Nina saw her Grandmother with a wide smile on her face.

Asher smiled brightly. She hugged Nina tightly and then turned to Ms. Patrokov. "Thank you. Thank you so much!"

Nina hugged Asher and smiled brightly at her Grandma and said in German, "Thank you Grandma, you wont regret it!"

Asher couldn't stop hugging Nina. "Nina...thank you. You gave me a home." she whispered in her friends ear.

Nina smiled at Asher and said, "Don't thank me," Nina felt tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Thank you so very much Ms. Patrokov." Asher had tears streaming from her eyes. The violet in them liquified and sparkled with joy. Asher wanted so much to hug the woman who had just changed her life but she wasn't sure if that would be impolite.

Liesel smiled as the two girls cried and she said, "Come here you two!" Liesel signalled for the two girls to come give her a hug and hoped this would stop their crying, she didn't know what to do with herself when people cried.

Asher launched herself from the chair and gently wrapped her arms around Nina's grandmother. "Thank you..." she whispered into kind woman's ear. She felt so at home here and she knew she would grow to love this woman who welcomed her into her home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back