New Zealand Condo

"Grandma how...?" Nina said trailing off she knew this wasn't the best time she would ask her later so Nina simply nodded.

Asher reached out and gently took Nina's grandmother's hand. Asher looked a little surprised that Nina's grandmother knew what the TriWizard Tournament was...but then again Nina looked surprised too...Strange...

"Erm Grandma, you should probably sit down I know this is rather sudden but Asher and I have a question for you," Nina said nervously then she glanced at Asher and she could feel her stomach notting up and her mussels became very tense.

Asher looked at Nina and her grandmother nervously. Her hands began to shake slightly...

"I'll explain later darling," Liesel lied discretly there would be no way either of the girls could see that she was lying. "Cat have your toungue?" Liesel asked the girl with violet eyes. Liesel assumed they were contacts so dismissed it though before she thought of that option she blinked to see if her vision was as bad as she thought.

"Okay Nina, what might that be? You aren't in any danger are you?" Liesel asked looking at both of the girls while going to sit down comfortably. Liesel took her seat and signalled for both of them to sit down.

Asher smiled at Ms. Patrokov as she signaled for her to sit. She all but collapsed into the chair behind her and she watched Nina. "Nina...are you sure about this?" she whispered nervously.

Nina nodded to Asher and said, "We are both perfectly safe, well when Asher goes to her orphanage not so much," Nina cleared her throat because she could feel her voice fail her. Nina quickly whipped out her wand and said, "Accio cup," in a matter of seconds a cup was in her hand and she muttered, "Augumenti." And water came out of her wand and when the cup was full of water she mummbled, "Finte." Nina took a sip of water and looked at Asher and then her Grandmother, to see their reactions.

Asher kept her eyes on Nina's grandmother. She guessed that she knew Nina was a witch but she didn't know for sure. She also guessed that Nina's grandmother knew Asher was a witch as well. Asher's hands were still shaking as she smiled at Nina's grandmother her nerves making her violet eyes sparkle.

Liesel watched proudly as Nina did a few spells, though they were simple spells she was glad to have a 'family' member that had magical abilities. "You live in an orphanage I am so sorry, is there anything I can do to help?" Liesel asked the quiet girl.

Asher nodded. "Yes, I do live in an orphanage." When Ms. Patrokov asked what she could do, Asher just looked at Nina.

"Erm I...I mean we, were both wondering if maybe, possibly Asher could live with us," Nina said than took a really large sip of water.

Liesel watched both girls nervously then spoke to Nina in German, "Nina, you couldn't have written me ahead of time, I mean I understand you being busy with the Tournament but this is big," Liesel paused to try and think about everything.

Asher looked confused as Nina's grandmother began to speak to her in German. She doesn't want me to stay. I understand...I was asking much too much of Nina and her family...

Nina listened nervously and said in German, "Grandma, I can't let her go back there, she hates it, and I think she would be a great addition to the family, her parents were murdered when she was only four years old, I think she needs a break." Nina gave her Grandmother a pleading look then glanced at Asher asking her to say something.

Asher saw the pleading look in Nina's eyes. She looked at Ms. Patrokov and took a deep breath. "I'm very sorry for intruding on your home and asking such a loaded question. Nina is right though. I can't go back to the orphanage I've grown up in. They...well I'll just say, they aren't very kind to the children there. I'm sorry that I came to you with such a selfish request. Please, don't feel obligated to open your home to a total stranger." Asher smiled warmly at Ms. Patrokov trying to show her that it didn't hurt her if she refused. "I can try and move into my sister's orphanage..." she added positively.

Liesel looked at the girl empatheticly and said, "I'm just surprised, I haven't said no yet don't worry." Liesel looked at her she seemed to hide the hurt, rather well, but Liesel was in her exact position once and knew everything quite well. "Asher," Liesel began softly, "Would you mind telling me something about your family, I know this may be hard but I need to know some things, before I can consider adopting anyone else."

Asher looked into the kind woman's eyes and smiled. "Alright. My parents were killed when I was 4 years old and my infant sister and I were seperated to live in different orphanages. She lives in Godric's Hollow and I live in Canterbury, England. My sister and I actually just found each other this year." Asher smiled. She knew she had left out a lot, but she didn't want to frighten Nina's grandmother with her family's past. That is unless she asked...

Liesel nodded assuming that they were killed by Death Eaters. "Nina, could you please go to my bedroom for a few minutes I need to have a private talk with Asher," Liesel said in english so Asher could understand her.

Asher was a little surprised when Ms. Patrokov asked Nina to leave. She looked at her friend nervously and then at the kind woman. Asher smiled a little. There was something about her that comforted Asher.

Nina nodded nervously and said softly, "Okay Grandma." Nina hesitantly walked out of the sitting room and into her Grandmother's bedroom and shut the door softly and took a seat on the bed not feeling the need to eavesdrop.

"Thank you and I am going to get Asher to preform a spell so you cannot hear anything so be warned," Liesel said in German. Then when Nina walking to her room she discreatly pointed her finger at Nina and whispered, "Muffliato." She then saw Nina turn in there dirrection because she had obviously heard the loud buzzing. And when Nina was in her bedroom Liesel looked at Asher and said, "Were your parents killed by Death Eaters or Aurors? I won't judge don't worry I am just curious to see if I guessed correctly."

Asher looked away. She hadn't wanted to admit that part of her past, but she believed Nina's grandmother when she told her she wouldn't judge. "Aurors..." she admitted quietly.

"I'm sorry dear, I understand, my mother was a Death Eater aswell, oh and I should mention, this conversation doens't leave us, I can't have Nina knowing that I am a witch," Liesel said softly. "Your sister? She would just be starting at Hogwarts now or in her second year?" Liesel asked curiously.

Asher looked at Ms. Patrokov in shock. She's a witch! "Yes ma'am. And my sister is in her first year." Asher was curious as to why Nina wasn't allowed to know her grandmother was a witch. Is Nina really her granddaughter?

"I'm sorry maybe I should clear things up for you," Liesel said softly. "I am indead a witch, and Nina is still a muggle born, we are not related but I married her Grandfather a few years after her father was born and no one in the family know that I am a witch because my husband died a while ago," Liesel said to Asher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back