New here.

Henric Lee

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Well.

I assure you, I can explain.

For some reason, I felt like searching up Google for any sort of decent roleplay forum, because I had to deal with mainly speed roleplay people on a hundred different chat servers.
It got very boring, and made me ... not very enthusiastic.
After searching over 11 categories, I gave up and just typed in 'school'.

Now note I'm not one for the usual 'oh ho magic fluff and puff school~' roleplays, but Harry Potter does have a world and universe of it's own. In set order.

Fortunately I was lucky enough to chance upon this site.
I apologize for my erratic speech, but I am quite jittery after seeing the roleplay standards (Very desirable) in this site.

I look forward to joining you. Once I figure out how this place works.

Welcome to HNZ Satojinn!
I'm happy to hear you want to join us here!
We're all like a happy family here.

If you need any help, do ask yeah?
By the way, are you a girl or a boy?

I suppose the asian username is hard to decipher, I really should have picked some other username... Joined here because the time zone fits really, Australian, you know.

Yes, I am male, last I checked in the bathroom.

My, I have no idea how to get sorted.

Nice to meet you Satojinn! xD
So you're an Australian?
Cool :D
I'm from Singapore.

How to get sorted?
Credits to Nick said:
Sorting will begin near the end of December, depending on how early the Headmistress decides to begin it (We usually start over the Summer Break to keep ahead before classes start). Until you are sorted you will not have a Gringotts account and therefore cannot 'buy' anything. This area and the Hogwarts New Zealand Express are your areas to Roleplay in until sorting is prepared.

When sorting re-opens a form will be linked to both in the "Announcements and Quick Updates" box and here, along with a 'Sorting Ceremony' thread.
To be sorted you will fill out the form and Personal Message it to The Sorting Hat (This link will allow you to PM him). Next, you will post in a thread that the Headmistress and Sorting Hat will start normally titled 'Sorting Ceremony'. Your post should be a Role Play of your character's name being called, him/her going to the stool, and having the hat placed on them. The Sorting Hat will then edit your post with what house it feels your character is best suited for.

That means that when we are getting new students (Probably next year, around September), there will be an announcement on this website. There will a sorting form and you are supposed to fill it and PM it. Do you know how to PM by the way? Then there will be a forum opened for the sorting ceremony after a few days, and you just post it in.

Its really simple actually.
Don't understand? Just ask, i don't mind explaining all over again.

Btw, do you have friendster, bebo or msn?

I've got an MSN I can PM to you.

So yes, baha, I do know how to PM, but thank you for your concern.
Let's see, I'll have to find some link when the time comes, fill out the form, PM the sorting hat username with this form, and then go to a forum topic designated to post, and wait for my post to be edited.

All fine and dandy, much appreciated.

But that means I'll have to longue around aimlessly for quite a long time...

Well, you can create another character which can be Ministry Officials, Shopkeepers or just normal members.

If you really really wanna rp, i could give you one of my characters here, who has a role here, and you can rp with my character's account.

Oh so more than one character is allowed ... Oh it's fine, thanks, no need to lend me any characters. ;x

I'll spend the time wandering about in-character trying to find out more.

Hey Satojinn

Welcome to HNZ.

One question are you looking to have this character become a student in the new year?

Bianca I love your new sig and avi...i must say

And Welcome Satojinn, lovely choice of name for your character.
Until you are a proper student you can become family or a member..Just PM Nick and I think he can set this all up for you.

And adding on to what Pat said, you have to have a first and last name unless you are a house elf or another creature...

Thanks Aiden!
I wanted to turn Bianca into some cute emo princess.

And what Aiden and Patricia said is true.
And did i mention you can become elves here on this website too?
xD

Hey Satojinn,

Firstly welcome to HNZ, I totally remember how confusing the whole thing seemed when I first joined and then when the Zeta conversion happened..... and trust me, I still mess it up.

If you have any questions go ahead and ask, which obviously you have been. Another good place to sort of get to know people is in the OOC section. Our current sort of random chat topic is called Spamalot found HERE

There's actually a reason for my username, it should be somewhere on the forum. But if it doesn't correspond, oh well, changing is comtemporary.

Hello there and welcome to HNZ, Satojinn. :)

Here is a link to the Unsorted RP section. :) It's a fair while before sorting begins, so I would encourage you to create a second account as an adult or a creature of some sort so that you can become even more involved in the site. :)

Anyhow, I'm Nick and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact myself or to post in the FAQs section, I tend to respond to both with as much haste as I can. :)

On another note, usernames do require a given and surname for 'people' characters. xD So it doesn't much affect you at the moment before you begin to RP in the school etc. but in time a surname should be added. You can contact myself or any other admin to have your user name changed and no other settings on your account will be altered. :)

Welcome Satojinn! It's so good to see a fellow Australian here. :D (I'm from Brisbane).
I'm glad you like the standard of RPing here and I look forward to (hopefully) RPing with you.
(I have student characters, I just can't be bothered logging out of this account.) :p

Same country, same city.

Ooh, different schools are in here too. Interesting. More info by the minute.

Right, I suppose I should do it now... someone change the name to Henric Lee if you will please.

I see everyone's greeted you (Hello by the way :) ) and filled you in on stuff.
Bianca told you that sorting will be around next year in September....and in real life that means late December/early January so you won't have to wait *that* long.
Just thought I should clear that up because I was really confused with that at first. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back