Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
12 1/2 Inch Cherry Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
The Christmas break had been nice, though it had also been strange. Abian had gotten used to the magical world over the first semester, but being back in the normal world had seemed more natural. He hadn't been able to show his sister or mother his magic, because there was some rule against that, so all he could do was tell them what he'd learned and hope they believed him. It was a little bit of a relief that he wasn't allowed to use magic. It would have been embarrassing if he'd tried to levitate something and failed, which was a real possibility. Abian wasn't taking to magical school, much like he had never really excelled in school before now. He just hoped he would be able to go with the flow and not stand out. The last thing he wanted to find out was how magical detention would work.

As he made his way to breakfast, Abian stopped in the Great Hall. He knew he was supposed to go sit at the Hufflepuff table, but he had already been doing that for half a year. He wasn't sure how strict the rule was against sitting at other tables, but seized with the desire to try something new, Abian decided to give it a go. Randomly, he walked over to one of the other tables and sat down as if he belonged there. It was the red house, Griffindor? He knew Elio was in this house, and Jacob was too. But he didn't see either boy. To his disappointment, the food on the table wasn't any different from what he was used to at his own table. He glanced at the boy next to him, glad to see it was someone he recognized from his own year. "Hey, do you suppose we all get the same food all the time or do you think they switch it up sometimes? I'm usually at the Hufflepuff table, but it looks the same there. I was hoping maybe the brave Griffindors would get something more exciting for breakfast." He commented, picking up a fork and pointing at some toast. "Not exactly adventurous."

Vader had remained in school over the break, he had been unsure of the appeal of returning home, since his life was at hogwarts and there was likely to be nothing that his parents could get him that he’d be able to take back to hogwarts with him, so he had opted to not bother with it. He had had presents, the lose fitting dark green t-shirt he’d come to wear a lot since the term had started up again. He was wearing it as he sat at the Gryffindor table, the early morning giving his eyes a darkness to them, he had never been much of a morning person, and the long trek down from Gryffindor to the great hall was usually done with closed eyes. The heaviness always sat in his eyes until after he’d had some juice. He was rubbing his eyes of their usual morning gunk as he began pulling things towards him. He was curled in on himself slightly just trying his best to not disturb anyone as he went about his morning.

This was short lived as someone took a seat next to him and without a thought began speaking. Vader glanced at him, a very small level of comprehension in his eyes at what was being said as his brain processed it. He glanced between the boy and the breakfast, and from what he remembered about his dorm-mates, this boy wasn’t one, so he was obviously from a different house, ”I think it’s all the same,” he’d said after a pregnant pause as his brain had come to realise what had been said, ”I don’t see why we’d have different meals depending on houses,” the boy said with a little shrug not entirely certain, hogwarts was odd, but it wouldn’t have different meals for the houses. ”Could go directly to the kitchens, don’t they have food?” the boy yawned at the final sentence he said and rubbing his eyes tiredly. Vader was very clearly not a morning person.

Because the table looked almost exactly like the one he usually sat at, Abian quickly made himself comfortable there. He started grabbing some food, deciding on waffles and some pumpkin juice to start his day. "Well, since it's a different table I was kind of hoping for something different. It doesn't make much sense to put us in different houses based on our personality in the first place, so it wouldn't have surprised me if they personalized the food to match is all." He started eating, casting another glance at the rest of the table. He didn't see Rafael anywhere either. "Do you know if there's any official rules against eating at other tables? I hope no professor is going to swoop down angrily." But he didn't appear too worried about that possibility. He seemed unconcerned as he continued to eat. Even if it was against the rules, the boy hoped the professors had more pressing things to do than punish breakfast-eating students. The blond boy really caught his attention when he mentioned the kitchens. He looked at him, his eyes bright in curiosity. "I've never been! Have you? Do you know where it is?" He would love to impress Raf with this information. "I'm Abian, by the way." He added, figuring it was polite to introduce himself. "Are we even allowed in the kitchens?" It seemed unlikely to him that students could just go there and get food whenever they wanted.

Vader rubbed his eyes tiredly as the other boy began helping himself to the food on the table and explaining why it wouldn't be beyond logic to have different things on the tables. Vader had never really questioned it, and thought that they would have different things. But, he realised there was maybe a little logic in what the other boy was saying, personality seemed to decide where they ended up, why couldn't it also extend to what they were given to eat. Maybe the ravenclaws had brain food? At the question he shook his head, "I don't think so, I think for school events it's not advised but other times it can't be," Vader replied, but he could also say that he wasn't too certain about that. He was sure he'd seen other students not from gryffindor at the gryffindor table. He pulled some toast towards him and began munching it slowly. "if you aren't wearing uniform, most professors probably wouldn't blink an eye at where you're sitting," Vader looked down at his own clothes, since he wasn't wearing the uniform he was sure only his head of house would know that he actually belonged in Gryffindor.

Vader had visited the kitchens briefly, as part of his accio training but he hadn't been there for food. They'd given him food, "It's next to the dungeons, I went with my accio mentor to take pictures of the elves, they move about and she wanted me to improve on taking pictures as others do things," he explained with a small yawn, since he had asked if he'd gone. He hadn't particularly liked it, the elves were weird, though maybe Abian would want to see it. "I can show you the kitchens if you want Abian?" the boy offered, not giving his own name in return, but focusing, "I think we can go, there's no password for it, it's maybe more of a soft no than like the forest," he would think it funny that he'd gone in for school related things if it was actually something they weren't allowed to do. "The elves are pretty weird though," Vader took another large bite of toast and gave a little shrug.

Abian noticed the boy he was talking to seemed quite tired, and he felt a bit bad for interrupting this kid's peaceful morning. But at the same time, it was nice to make a new friend like this. He usually learned a lot of things when talking to others, even kids his own age. He wondered if he just missed a lot of information, or if anyone simply paid better attention to everything. "Ah, cool." He said as the boy said it should be fine outside of school events. He grinned when he continued. "So if I'm not wearing my uniform, I'm a bit like a spy infiltrating the table." He said with a grin. "I can dig that." As he took a bite and chewed his waffles, Abian listened with interest as the boy explained him where it was. But some waffle dropped from his mouth at one word he uttered. "ELVES?" He asked, probably a little too loudly, as he stared in amazement at the boy. "There's elves?! Really?" He was so baffled by this, that he barely heard what else the boy said "Oh, yeah, you can show me the kitchens and the elves they have there." He said quickly. "Wait, what makes them weird? Do they talk? They're really elves?" He blinked. "Wow. What's your name? You're not messing with me, right?"

Vader nodded at that, ”I guess so,” the boy would admit that being a spy would be quite interesting, but he doubted these tables were that interesting, or that they could learn all that much, but a lot of his comic books had kids being spies and it would be fun to pretend that they were exactly that. Vader smiled at the boy, ”What would your spy name be?” he perked up a little at the question he asked as he began to chew on his own breakfast toast. Telling Abian about the elves was an easy thing to do, but he was surprised by the reaction, a reaction which was loud enough to make Vader cringe a little at the level of noise. He knew from that that the boy could not be from a magical family. Vader nodded, ”They aren’t like fantasy elves, they’re small and they just want to serve you food,” he explained to the other boy.

Vader nodded again at the acceptance, ”Course, we can head there after breakfast if you have the time,” Vader hadn’t introduced himself to Abian but he was keen to become friends with him. He shook his head at the last question, ”I’m not messing with you. They’re just not what you think of as elves if you didn’t grow up with them looking like they do here,” Vader assured the other boy but he didn’t say anything more about it. He was toying with the idea of giving his name, and decided it would get a little more awkward if he didn’t but boy did Vader not want to. He finished his toast and his hands dropped to the hem of the shirt he was wearing, his cheeks reddened, ”My name’s Vader” he spoke his name quietly and quickly, hoping this boy would just focus on the elves and that excitement than his name.

Abian wasn't sure what his spy name would be. "Well, a good spy name would probably just be a normal name, right? So he doesn't stand out. But I'd much rather have a name like... Super Awesome Boy, like a superhero or something." He said with a small shrug. "Do you like superheroes?" Abian's mind was still reeling with the idea of elves. He had no idea what to picture, but had just about settled on Christmas Elves, when the Gryffindor boy said they were small and wanted to serve you food. That made him think he had the right idea. He was very eager to see these elves for himself, and nodded eagerly when the boy suggested going after breakfast. "I have time!" He said immediately. He wondered if the boy was right in thinking the elves wouldn't look like Abian expected. He was fairly sure he had a good idea in his head and was ready to be proven right. He wondered why the boy hesitated before saying his name, but when he said it he understood. It was an unusual name, for sure. But Abian had often gotten strange reactions to his own name as well, as it wasn't very common either. He smiled at the boy. "Cool. That's a pretty awesome name." He said with a nod after thinking it over for a moment. "Like, it's unique. It almost does sound like it's part of a superhero name."

Vader gave an excited little nod, "Superheros are amazing!" he didn't want to get too much into how much Vader loved them or how much time he had spent pouring over the comics growing up. Reading from each and every one of them. He thought for a moment about his own superhero name, "Super Awesome Boy is a bit of a mouthful as a superhero name, could just be Super boy like Superman?" he wondered how much Abian liked superheros or how much he knew about them to actually want to have this discussion with Vader about them. He was also quite pleased at the opportunity to spend some more time with this boy, to do a little more with him and hopefully cement the friendship a little more. When he gave his name, he could feel his cheeks reddened, and tensing himself for the laughter that tended to follow when some comments, usually a few notes of a song. The boy was surprised therefore when Abian seemed to not only like his name, but call him unique. He looked at the boy tiredly, trying to figure out if this guy was just having him on, pretending with him before being mean, but it seemed like it might actually be genuine. Where was this guy when he was growing up. It did help warm Vader to the other boy, "I think my superhero name would have to do with the fact I take pictures, like Capture or something," he thought steering the conversation back to superheros while they had breakfast would be better and obviously when they were done, he hoped that Abian would still want to go to the kitchens.

Vader told him that he liked superheroes too, and Abian immediately felt a connection to the other boy. "Are you also from the uh, muggle side of things?" His instinct was still to say 'regular', but he knew he had a better shot of being understood if he used the words the wizards used even if they were weird words. "I think Super boy is maybe a bit simple, but I do like it." He said with a nod. "I'd take any sort of name if I got to have superpowers, though I guess if I'm like Superman I have to watch out for kryptonite and I'm really an alien." He pondered out loud. As Vader explained what his own superhero name would be, Abian regretted his impulsive decision to go with Super Awesome Boy which was then shortened to simply Superboy. Vader's was so much cooler. "Wow! That's awesome." He said with a nod. "Capture... that sounds really cool! Do you have superpowers that have to do with taking photos too? Like... like maybe if you take a photo of a bad guy they get trapped in the photograph!" He looked at the other boy with a grin on his face, eager to continue speculating about this. The Hufflepuff had already largely forgotten about the kitchens, though he still wanted to see an elf.

At the question, Vader was fearful that perhaps he’d given too much away about his non-magical heritage. It was just evident that this boy was too, so maybe that him more comfortable around him, so comfortable that he was willing to just talk more freely about the muggle side of things, ”Yeah, first in my family,” he spoke quietly, the embarrassment evident. He didn’t mean to be, but in a world where the magical people seemed to have some pe0ple with certain opinions about people like him he couldn’t help a little of his resentment towards being the first of his family. At the very least the talk of superheros was something nice and familiar to him. ”You could be like captain america, his only weakness is bucky and he doesn’t really have super powers other than being ridiculously strong,” Vader told him, he liked captain america. He thought about his own super power with the name capture, ”Yeah! That’s so cool!” he replied excitedly. This conversation was certainly perking him up. ”Or I could cause time around me to slow with the power of my camera,” He offered too, it was similar to what Abian had said, but he believed it was different enough.

Abian grinned widely at his new friend when he told him that he was muggleborn like him, and he liked him even more because of it. Abian thought wizards and magic were pretty awesome, but it was comforting to know he wasn’t the only one new to this world. “I thought I was the first too, but turns out my cousin is also a wizard and I never knew! Crazy, right? He took me wand shopping and stuff.” He sighed softly. “I think my sister is too. She could also do weird stuff as a kid, and that’s apparently sort of a tell.” He hoped Aisa would be a witch so she could come to Hogwarts with him. He was sure she would find her own group of friends and ignore him most of the time, but it would still be nice to have his sister there. Abian nodded as Vader said he could be like Captain America, though he had no real idea who his ‘bucky’ would be. “Right, that’s kind of awesome.” He said with a nod. "And maybe since your superhero name is like your hobby, mine could be like mine. I could be… Captain Skateboard.” He grinned, loving the idea of that name. “But I’m really strong and good at skateboarding as my superpower. And maybe I can fly.” He kind of wished he had thought of some cooler power because the one Vader was making up was really cool, and Abian nodded enthusiastically. “That sounds awesome too!” He beamed at his new friend, then nudged him. “Say, Capture. Wanna show me the kitchens now?”

Vader smiled at his new friend, he didn’t know of anyone in his family being magical, but it was interesting to hear how it came about, how you could tell, ”Really? That’s how you can tell?” Vader was genuinely asking about this since he didn’t know and he wasn’t sure why he had been magic and his cousins not. His little sister, the elder of the two had some weird things happen around her so maybe she too was magical, ”Oh that means my sister’s probably magical too,” the boy seemed happy about it, he would want to share this world with his sisters. Their family had normal problems, and he had a slight dislike for his parents because of what had happened due to his name, but he cared and was protective of his sisters, so sharing this world with them would be for the best. The gryffindor nodded along with the boy as he changed the sort of hero that he wanted to be, ”Maybe the skateboard also means you travel at the speed of light,” the boy suggested too, think that that would work well with the ability to fly. Vader smiled and nodded, all tiredness gone and instead filled into the excitement of spending time with a new friend and showing him some place cool too, ”Yeah definitely, Captain Skateboard!” he replied an easy grin upon his face as he got to his feet. Abian was definitely going to be a good friend, Vader could just tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back