New broom and bat!

Courtney giggled, "Kaela, you know I'm always up for a quidditch practice. But what am I to do with all of these brownies?"

She did want to take Kaela up on the offer, but couldn't just dispose of all of the brownies she was carrying.

"Put them in the stands. I'm sure they'll be all right for a little while."

Hilary had just sort of been floating there, "Do you mind if I hang around too..." then she stopped because she realised that had sounded a little more messed outloud than it had in her head...

"Absolutely not Hilary. This pitch is far too full for a Gryffindor," Kaela said with a good deal of sarcasm in her tone and a bright smile.

"Courtney, I will take them over to the sidelines. They will be okay there." Lily said, putting her hands out to take the tray from her.

"Thanks Lily," Courtney said with a grin. "Be careful though, the plate is really heavy.

Before she handed the plate to Lily, she grabbed a brownie for herself. "Yum," she stated after shoving it in her mouth. She hoped her reaction was convincing, because all she could taste was salt and marshmallows.

"I don't have a beater's bat or anything with me," Courtney said as she flew over to Kaela.

Kaela raised her eyebrow at Courtney as she watched her eat the brownie. She really wants me to eat one. Maybe later. She looked at Courtney as she flew up to her, looking slightly dazed. "Well, mine is in my bag. I wanted to get a feel for my broom before I picked up the bat."

Hilary gave a fake pout at Kaela's comment that broke into a smile quickly, she flew over to Lily and grabbed a brownie, this one was rather stuffed with a pocket of cocoa. It tasted rather good but still a little chocolatey. She flew over to Courtney hoping that Kaela wouldn't actually mind, but more importantly that Ford wouldn't mind the intrusion on 'Kaela time'.

Lily took the plate and flew over to the edge of the pitch. She set the brownies down, and took a big one off of the top of the plate and flew back up to where the others were hovering. She took a big bite as she was flying back.

"Mmmmm. These are yummy." she said, her mouth full of chocolate chips and marchmallows. She had gotten a good one.

Kaela felt slightly uneasy about the brownies. Maybe I did overreact... She pushed the brownies out of her head and smiled at those gathered. "So, uhm...how do we do this?" Kaela had only been anticipating flying with Ford and wasn't sure what to do now.

"Oh, I'm not sure. How were you guys practicing before we interrupted?" Courtney giggled and stuck out her tongue playfully at Kaela. "We could always continue in a similar fashion."

"Wow, we've got two captains, a former team captain and two return members and we can't figure out a practice....wow I think Hogwarts Quidditch is in trouble :p" she said with obvious sarcasm.

Ford, unaware of the trouble he had caused, was figuring out how to work this quidditch problem out. "We could have two teams of two, and a keeper. The keeper wouldn't be on a team, and each of the teams would try to score on the keeper. You can play the full pitch, but you can only score on three of the hoops."

((Does that make sense to you all, I'm only half here.))

Ford thought for a moment on how to explain the set up differently, "Do you know how to play basketball?"

Courtney flew in a zig zag pattern on her broom before addressing Ford. "I understand what you mean, and I think it will work." She turned her attention to Hilary and Lily, "I'll team up with either of you, unless you want to be together, then I'll be keeper."

"No offense Hilary, but I will team up with you Courtney. I wouldn't mind working with my captain." Lily said with a giggle.

Hilary looked up slightly confused. "Okay, so muggle basketball.... but how would I play keeper for that.... actually I am still really lost."

"You're going to play keeper for both teams," Ford said, "You'll be guarding one set of hoops. The teams will be playing a sort of half-court basketball, in that both will be trying to score on you."

"Okay, the cheerleader seeker shall play keeper....might work" Hilary said with a smile not that confident. She flew over to the hoops at one end.

"Not I, Sista!" Courtney said in response to Kaela's question.

She then flew over to Lily and held her hand out for a high five. "Yeay! Go team Potter!"

Lily returned Courtney's high five. "Yeah! Team Potter!" she said with a laugh. "Let's show them what we are made of!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back