New broom and bat!

Kaela McIlvoy

Kaela walked down to the pitch, her earphones in her ears as per usual and some very upbeat music playing on her iPod. Her Sapphire Streak was over her shoulder, her beater's bat in her bag with some other random stuff. She was donning her new quidditch gear as well, wanting to get a feel for it.

Upon reaching the edge of the pitch Kaela set down her bag and took her earphones out of her ears. She turned her iPod off and put it into her bag, taking her bat out and setting it on the ground. Mounting her broom Kaela took off, figuring it would be good to get a feel for it before flying with her bat.

She zoomed happily about the pitch and waited for Ford. She had asked him to come help her practice, since he was better at Quidditch than she was. It didn't matter that they were on different teams, especially now. Were they dating? Kaela still wasn't sure yet. She did zig zags about the pitch as she waited, wondering if anyone else would come out today.

Ford, Emerald Streak in hand, sauntered down to the pitch. He was eager to practice with Kaela, but he'd rather not be seen by those on his team or hers fraternizing with the enemy. But it worse came to worse, so be it. He saw Kaela standing on the pitch, waiting for him.

"Hello," he said as he came close, "Nice broom and bat," he smiled happily.

Seeing Ford walking toward the pitch Kaela had landed and stood waiting for him. She was smiling brightly, holding her Streak.

"Thanks Ford," she said happily "So, this is ok, right? You're not gonna get in trouble for helping out a Ravenclaw, are you?"

Ford cocked his head to the side, "Nah. I'll be alright," he said confidently, "So, do you want to give your new beaters bat a try, or are you keen on sticking with the broom for now," he smiled.

Kaela smiled brightly at Ford, trying not to blush. "I'd like to stick with getting a feel for my broom first." She mounted her Streak and moved forward a few feet, stopping to hover beside Ford. "Did you have anything in mind? Tossing a quaffle or anything?"

Ford hopped on his broom and hovered in the air by Kaela, "Tossing the quaffle around should be fun, I'll grab one from the shed," Ford said and proceded to do so. He returned shortly with a quaffle in hand, "Should I go long or do you want to start simple?" Ford asked, grinning happily.

"Simple, please. I haven't really tested the broom out and I'm afraid I'll hurt myself somehow. I'm usually pretty good for that." Kaela flew up a bit higher, putting a bout 10 feet between her and Ford.

Hilary saw Kaela and Ford on the quidditch pitch. She had hoped to come and do some practice but wondered if they would mind her joining. She dropped her backpack of space on the ground beside her and jumped on her streak. "Hey guys, whatcha up to?" she called out

Ford, floating in the air, was surprised to see someone else on the quidditch pitch. "Hello, Hilary." He said.

"Hey Hilary," Kaela said with a small smile. She and Hilary hadn't really hung out much, but it wasn't like they didn't get along. "I just got a new broom, and a beater's bat, and I was going to break them in. what are you up to?"

Hilary flew a little nearer "Well WE have a bit of a surprise for you" she looked over her shoulder. "NOW!" she called out.

Lily came flying into the pitch, helping Courtney bring out the brownies that they had made in the kitchen. They came to a stop in front of the group of people that were now gathered there.

"Hey people! Want some brownies?" she said laughing.

Courtney flew behind Hilary onto the quidditch pitch, holding a large plate of brownies in her left hand. She held out the plate she was carrying and addressed the others. "Yeah guys, we made a tonne of 'em!"

Kaela raised her eyebrow skeptically at Courtney and Lily. "Hey guys..." she said slowly. "Brownies? What kind of brownies?" She wasn't sure she trusted these treats.

Hilary put a grin on her face... "Well, we made them so they should be good..." she hoped Kaela didn't hear the sarcastic tone in her voice.

Courtney held her plate of salty brownies out in the direction of Kaela. "I insist you try one, I mean, we put so much effort into these."

"Uhm...I dunno that flying and brownies go together. Maybe later." Kaela was looking awkwardly at the girls, feeling really uneasy.

"I agree with Kaela," Ford said, "Given your track record of offering seemingly benign substances to others." He floated aimlessly, letting what little wind there was waft him about.

"Fine then," Courtney replied in a huff. "Apparently we can't even bring our friends brownies without being questioned."

She turned her broom around in the opposite direction of Ford and Kaela, as she continued to hold the plate of brownies in one of her hands. Shrugging at the other girls, she slowly flew away and wondered what the heck they were going to do with the massive pile of brownies they carried.

"Courtney! Wait!" Kaela frowned, feeling slightly bad. Having an older brother she was always cautious about random unannounced treats.

Hilary saw what Courtney did but also the awkward look from Kaela. It seemed like a slightly tense moment but Hilary decided that she would follow her. Just as she looked over to saw good-bye to Kaela she called out. Hilary just sat frozen, as if paused, waiting to see how Courtney would react...

Courtney turned around to face Kaela and Ford once again, "Yes, Kaela?"

She was not purposely trying to sound rude, but Ford's comment had irked her. Never had she given him a substance in which he did not know the effects.

Kaela's frown deepened. She felt bad, she didn't want Courtney upset. But, she was still iffy on the brownies. "I didn't say I didn't want to eat them, just not while we're flying. Afterwards, ok?"

"Carry on? Are you leaving? You mean you don't want to practice with me?" Kaela grinned mischievously at Courtney. She wasn't sure if Ford had wanted to have alone time, but Courtney was one of her best friends, if not her best. She was in fact wearing a ring on her finger, the right side of which told her Courtney's mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back