Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Curved 8 Inch Rigid Pear Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Emilia had considered not going to the dance tonight, but her dress was just begging to be worn, at least for one night. And she knew that she would regret not going to her final yule ball, even if she hadn't managed to secure a date. There was a part of her that felt self-conscious about, once again, being alone at an event. She hadn't had a date since Shane, and that had been ages ago. It had also been a disaster. But Emilia had a genuine smile on her face as she headed into the great hall in her dress, lifting the skirt slightly so it didn't drag over the ground. She had styled her hair so it looked a bit shorter, and was pleased by the result. She was considering getting a haircut, but wasn't feeling brave enough. She looked across the dance floor, feeling a melancholy sadness at the sight of the dancing couples there. Once upon a time, she had been too afraid to dance. She no longer was, but had no one to dance with tonight. She missed Katy, and found herself wondering if the other girl had a similar event in America. Ignoring any sight of Derek and Athena, Emilia crossed the great hall to a drinks table. She would try her absolute best to enjoy herself, despite her mixed feelings on the night.

Analei had managed to convince Arvel to at least make an appearance at the Yule Ball, but she knew she might be waiting awhile until he got there. She wasn't going to wait though, it was her final Yule Ball, and she couldn't wait to go. It definitely would have been nice to spend it with Edmund, but, of course, he wasn't there. The Head Girl was happy to find a yellow dress to show off her Hufflepuffness for her final year, and she spent a bit of time doing her makeup and hair, hoping to look her best. Upon entering the Great Hall, she grinned, taking a deep breath and soaking in the atmosphere. She made her way to the drinks table, before spotting one of her friends. An idea popped into her head, and Analei made her way to Emilia, before offering her hand to her. "A dance, m'lady?"

Emilia spotted Analei as she approached her, and smiled at the other girl. She looked beautiful in a yellow dress that matched their house. For a moment, Emilia wondered why the Head Girl was here on her own. But then she remembered she knew Analei had a boyfriend, a boyfriend who had graduated last year. It made her feel a little bit better about being here by herself too. She laughed softly as the girl asked her to dance, and nodded after a moment of hesitation. "I would like that, thank you." She said, taking Analei's hand. "You look really pretty." She added. "I love the dress."

Though Emilia laughed, during the moment of hesitation, Analei wondered if she was going to say no. That would have been incredibly embarrassing; she was sure she wouldn't have been able to convince Emilia the way she could convince Arvel. But soon enough, Emilia nodded and Analei grinned as she took her hand. Analei led the way to the dance floor grinning at her friend's words. "Thank you! That's kind of you to say. But have you seen yourself? You look like an actual goddess." She said, putting her hands on Emilia's shoulders to sway to the music.

Emilia felt oddly light as she followed Analei to the dance floor, for once not thinking too much about what others would think, or worry she would make a fool out of herself. She tucked some of her hair behind her ear, then settled into the dance as she placed her hands on Analei's waist. "Oh." She said, turning pink at the compliment. "Thank you." She said quietly. "And thank you for saving me from being awkward by myself." She added. "I swear I'm one of the few seventh years without a date."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back