Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Unyielding Dogwood Wand with Veela Hair Core
SPOILER WARNING!

Just to be safe, though, keep spoilers in the spoiler tag so that people can still discuss it if they're interested but haven't made the move to watch it yet.

Now that that's out of the way, who's seen it? :) who's just started? Who's in progress?

I've seen the whole series, and I was quite impressed. Netflix is on a roll lately with its Original Series.
I quite enjoyed the subplot with the Quagmire family, I felt it was a total tease with the parents though and it made me a bit angry when they killed him off half an episode after revealing who they were. I felt that NPH was a solid choice for Count Olaf & his many many disguises. Even his troops were great.

What are your thoughts?

I intend to watch it at some point, but I've actually never seen the original movies or anything like that. I did read some of the books once upon a time though.

While the movie is quite good, it's not a reliable point of material. It mish-mashes the first three books & puts a certain part in the wrong order. If you can get your hands on the books, I'd recommend them, but the show is quite true to the source material anyway - it's just beefed up like things always are.

I don't have anything detailed to contribute, but I'm currently up to episode 3 (will start episode 4 when I am caught up on rose topics) and I'm loving it. Read the first few books and I'm very pleased with the interpretation in the series. Also the casting is super well done!! Especially the casting of the baudelaire children, in my opinion.

I loved the series! I thought it was far better than the movie was. The casting of the kids were great. I liked the story telling element. The CGI baby was a little weird at times.

I have only ever played the official video game on the GameCube, and it was lit. I'm definitely looking forward to watching this.

David and myself started it yesterday and only got one episode in. We love it so far, some subtle things and more obvious things, it all works so well and some of the comedy timing is brilliant.

We are both huge fans of Neil Patrick Harris so we tend to love anything he's in anyway :r xD

I really liked the style of the show and the humour/recurring patterns - and that kept me in it until about episode 6, when I grew tired of them...
It was really painful for me to push through to the end after that point. :(

Got through it all and a bit on the fence to be honest. It is better than the movie that goes without saying and it is truer to the books. NPH is great for the first few episodes and then he just becomes tiresome. I watched it with one of my nieces who is currently addicted to everything from book series to tv, dress up and movie of UE. She adored it, she's 8 so maybe they aimed and hit their target audience.
I just felt that the movie had the right length, I can't even recall the last few episodes because I started zoning out to read.

I haven't watched the series yet, but I'm really keen to. I loved the books, and the movie really didn't do them justice. It was well done, but putting the first three books in together just made it feel scrambled, which is pointless considering there's so much material in each of the books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back