Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ernie
Wand
12.75" Chestnut with Essence of Belladonna
Olivia was getting ready to pack up her shop for the day. She was just waiting on Tilly and her friend from school. Olivia had been a bit surprised when Christian had asked her to host the girls until he could pick them up, but of course she’d agreed. With all of her varieties of plants, her house and portable shop were not child-friendly. However, twelve-year olds could be responsible, and Tilly was a good kid.

The witch nursed her cup of coffee and waited, enjoying the concentrated sunshine and greenery around her. It was a good day. Over time, Olivia’s Greenhouse had gained even more traction with the local wizarding community, and she was grateful.

@Rosemarie Chatwin

Rosemarie had asked if Tilly wanted to come to Obsidian Harbour with her. So they could buy some of the supplies they needed next year. She had a fun time with the girl and Rose felt happy. She had brought a succulent with her, since that was the only plant that seemed to be able to survive a full day of shopping and handling. Tilly had told her they were going to Tilly her cousin before Tilly's father would pick them up. Tilly and Rose were walking towards this greenhouse. ''Is your cousin some epic Herbologist or something?'' Rose asked excitingly. They walked into the Greenhouse together and Rose was amazed, she almost dropped her succelent.

When Tilly’s dad had suggested they meet up back at Olivia’s, she thought it was perfect. Olivia was- well, obsessed with plants. Tilly purposely left that out as she and Rose walked towards the pop-up shop. Her dad had said it would be a random greenhouse, propped up on a lawn outside the main shopping area. And there it was, as promised.

“Something like that,” Tilly said with a grin as she stepped inside. There were magical plants, cuttings, and other botanical ingredients from floor to ceiling. With her stunning A in Herbology, she recognized pretty much none of them. Tilly looked up at her cousin. “Hey, Olivia.”

Olivia wasn’t the type to look down on people, but with her height, she literally couldn’t help it sometimes. She smiled at the two girls. “I was just about to close up shop for the day.”

The older witch noticed that Tilly’s friend was carrying a plant. Odd for a school student- but Olivia lived and breathed oddity and weirdness.

“That’s a lovely succulent- may I see it?”

Rose stopped to look at all the magical plants, cuttings, clippings, saplings and god knows what. ''Next time warn me beforehand'' Rose grinned. Tilly her cousin was amazing, it was exactly the same thing she wanted to be when she was older. She didn't know where too look, the whole shop was amazing. When Olivia asked for her succulent Rose felt self conscious of the plant she was holding. She handed the plant over. ''Sure, I usually have a plant with me, but since Tilly and I went shopping I didn't want to give extra stress to my flowers and other plants.'' Rose paused, normally she had a magical plant or flower with her, but they didn't like being handled so much. ''And succulents are impossible to kill'' She knew it was possible, but you needed a lot more, than some handling.

Last edited:
Olivia turned over the succulent in her hands. She could tell just by looking at it that it was well-tended. “You’re right, they’re nearly indestructible.” She smiled. “But that’s no excuse for neglecting them…”

After pinching one of the glossy leaves, she caught herself, realizing that could have sounded wrong. “I don’t mean yours, of course. This is nicely tended.”

Olivia looked over her shoulder at her cousin. The other girl had wandered away to one of the shelves, and was about to pick up a Mimbulus Mimbletonia. “Till, don’t move that one too much, or you’ll smell like a pig barn for the rest of the week.”

Rose had handed over her succulent and Olivia seemed to inspect it. When she spoke about neglecting Rose was shocked. She would never neglect a plant and that one definitely wasn't neglected at all. She gave all her plants the best love and care she could give. When Olivia said that hers was nicely tended she felt proud. Hearing that your plant was nicely tended from someone who actually knew stuff about plants was amazing. ''Thanks, I try to make sure my plants get the care they deserve'' Rose laughed. When she looked at Tilly and spotted she was trying to move the Mimbulus Mimbletonia Rose was almost star struck. ''What you own a Mimbulus Mimbletonia, they are extremely rare'' Rose said excitingly. ''I know the Greenhouse at school has one, but Professor Carter won't let me touch it, I want to hear the crooning noises they make'' She said, she knew how to actually touch the plant without being covered by stinksap.

Tilly moved her hands away from the ugly blob of a plant at Olivia’s warning. “It makes noises? That’s kind of creepy,” she said, looking suspiciously at the plant before walking away.

“Your shop is really nice,” Tilly said. She didn’t care that much about plants, but she was impressed by her cousin. Tilly had always admired Olivia- she was laid-back, non-judgmental, and openly thought rules were suggestions.

FYI I messaged Emzies to see if that plant needs approval or not. Oops.

"That one has a bit of an attitude," Olivia said, relieved when Tilly stepped away from the plant. She grinned at Rose. "I could show you sometime. But right now, I’d like to close up shop. I’m hungry.” She ushered the two girls outside.

With a flick of her wand, the greenhouse collapsed in on itself and settled on the ground. It looked like a transparent suitcase. In the sunlight, one could still see an assortment of colors inside. She picked up the case and started walking towards home, beckoning the girls.

Olivia looked down at the girls. “So, have you had Lydia for Dark Arts Defense yet? Is she a hard-ass?” The witch smirked conspiratorially. She was joking, but not really. The two sisters were so different that at times, even Olivia was surprised they were related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back