Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Matt ) ( Gay
Wand
Apple, 13 1/2 inches, Essence of Belladonna
Thought I'd start a slightly less contraversial topic x)

Is anyone else doing NaNo this year? For those who don't know what I'm talking about; click HERE!

This will be my fourth NaNo, and hopefully; my third win! Last year I wrote Remus/Sirius fanfiction for NaNo (hit me at a stressful, uncreative time XD), the year before that I wrote a novel about gay guys, and the year before that, a novel about elves (I didn't win with that one.) This year my novel will be called The Bachelor, and it's going to be about a guy who's trying to work out how to tell his friends he's gay, but before he can, they sign him up for the TV show The Bachelor. He goes on the show and doesn't expect much, but ends up falling in love with the man who's hosting the show :) I'm pretty excited about it, one of my best friends is doing his second NaNo this year, and it's going to be good! He's an amazing writer, I can't wait to read his novel XD

So... anyone else submitting themselves to the month of insanity? What are you writing? Done it in the past? What did you write then? Anyone got any tips for coffee-fueled desperate all nighters? Let's just talk novelling madness :)

PS; my username on the NaNo site is Tomoyan if anyone wants to add me as a writing buddy :)

I've never done this, but I've always been interested. I think I'll do it!!! I've always wanted to be a writer, and well....why not now??
Thank you for posting this Kyle, if I become a best selling writer I'll include you in my forward for introducing me to NaNo, and helping me become the best writer in the world.

By the way, your idea for your novel sounds awesome. Goodluck, I can't wait to read it.

XD Hells yeah! NaNo is a great way to get into novel writing, and do a first draft of a story :) It's a brilliant challenge!

Hee, thanks :) I was inspired by Family Guy, embarrassing as that is :lol:

I'm glad it's several days away, I have no idea what I could write. o_O

Hahahaha! I remember that episode!

XD I love the plot development forums, you can get some really really excellent ideas there :) the whole plot of my first NaNo came from that forum XD

I have an embarrassingly huge obsession with Family Guy and that's one of my favourite episodes :lol: I love it ^^

I've always wanted to do NaNoWriMo and last year was pretty serious about it, drafting my story and such, but then my HNZ plots started to mix in with my stories and I got lost in the direction I was going with my story. :err: :lol:

I honestly don't think I can devote the time that NaNoWriMo requires from me right now, but I wish you luck with your story and hope you have fun! ^_^

Aaagh, I hate when plots get tangled in your head >.< That's part of the reason my first novel was such a huge failure, and my second novel barely scraped by. I think I may suddenly become very inactive on HNZ during NaNo, so I can focus on my novel. Thanks for the encouragement, I'm really looking forward to it :D

Only a couple of months to go, Lita! And then next year your exams will conveniently end right before NaNo!

So tempted this year! At the start of November I'll have 1 essay and two exams left, and the essay's done by the 4th. Problem is, I give up on writing pretty quickly.
And I'm pretty sure anything I have will degenerate in to Phoenix Wright/Miles Edgeworth slashfic. :shifty:

Annnnyway, I might give it a go. I was contemplating it last year but I had school. This year I have uni, which will pretty much be over for the year (except for that essay which I know will be a last minute rushjob, and the exams that, as long as I read the wiki articles on the novels, I'll be set) so yeah. Hmmm. Thanks for posting this, Rowan! <3

This is the second year, I've wanted to do this, but I have so much work at school right now it's just not possible.
I don't have any ideas for stories either which doesn't help but I really wanted to give it a go.
But I really just don't have the time. Next year.
Stupid High School

Send me a writing buddy request. My screen name is Malynne_White

Violet: Dooo it! NaNo is lots of fun :) A friend of mine managed it while also doing final exams for High School AND a musical a couple of years ago, as long as you reach your daily quota it's not too unmanagable :D

Lily: Raaah :( I know loads of people who are really keen, but High School's getting in the way :( Not fun!

Leah: Requesteeeed :)

Clover: Awesome :D Good luck :)

Hey Kyle. Do we have to start writing on November 1st, or can we start sooner?

Have to start on the 1st :) You start on the 1st (at midnight, if you'd like) and the latest you can submit is midnight on the 30th ^_^

Ahhh.... I did wonder what the hell NaNoWriMo stood for when I saw your photo album on Facebok with the same name. I've never heard of it before.

But it's genius!

I will try, but seeing as I will be packing up 16 months worth of stuff and moving through at least three different countries during November I'm not sure I'll succeed. However, I can't do it if I don't even try, so here's to another challenge!

Yayness! Signing up now
I am lemonemma

Emmaaaaaa :D Was sort of hoping you'd see this - NaNo's an EPIC challenge :D Lots of fun, well worth doing it. It'll be hard with the challenge of moving though - good luck! :D I will add you when I get home ^_^

I'll see if I can finish the novel I've been working on since forever in this month. My name on NoNoWriMo is EbilTeapot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back