Moving Day

Preston Paine

Wand
Curved 9 1/2 Inch Flexible Chestnut Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
With a pizza box in his hand, Preston strolled up the walkway that led to his new home. He admired it as he walked up to the door, a broad smile on his face. He hoped that it would remain there for a long while. Opening the door, Preston called out to his roommates. "Pizza's here!" Preston had volunteered to go get food while his roommates remained in the house unpacking. He still had a lot of unpacking to do as well, but he was procrastinating. And he was hungry, which trumped unpacking.

They were lucky enough to already have some furniture, courtesy of both their parents. Preston kicked off his sneakers and threw himself on the couch with a slice of extra cheese pizza in his hand. "I'm gonna eat it all myself!" he called out again after he'd taken a bite. Preston used his wand to turn on the small portable magical radio he'd bought and music filled the living room. He tapped his foot to the beat as he took another large bite.

Sergei Zhefarovich had a lot to think about over the last couple of days. He finally moved out of his father's home. He was out on his own for a little while, before he would start working with his family's shops, making potions. His father owned one. Sergei would love to have his own shop, but felt that he needed to be away from society for a while. He and Valentina were definitely closer, and sharing a bedroom now so that all fun could really begin. However, Valentina was away visiting her family for a week, having left before Preston returned with pizza. He promised to unpack her stuff for her, which mainly involved with him wondering what in the hell these girly things were. Hair stuff, make up, the works. At least he got to see the clothing that goes inside the dresser. Sergei smirked a fair bit before he heard the door open to announce that pizza was here. He would have to break it to Preston that Valentina left. But, more food for them.

Sergei whipped out his wand wand waved it toward the room, using a spell that his dad taught him. The clothing started to unpack itself and hang up into the closet. Sergei walked into the living room, and then into the kitchen to find the pizza. His nose followed him here. He smirked toward his best friend, "If you even try to eat it all yourself, you might become my new cat toy." It might not be all that funny to joke about his animagus form, and using a human as a toy during that form, but Sergei had a dark sense of humor. He ignored the music for the time being, as he opened a box and found another slice of extra cheese. Sergei summoned a plate to him and leaned against the counter so that he could eat. "Valentina left a few minutes ago. I have to unpack for her. I guess she is off telling her family that she's marrying a stud."

Preston stuck his tongue out to Sergei's back. He wasn't very fond of Sergei's surprise turns, though he did rather like the animal that his friend turned into. The irony that he had just obtained a job as a magical zookeeper wasn't lost on either of the boys, or so Preston believed. As Sergei helped himself to some pizza, Preston continued to eat as he listened. The former Slytherin raised an eyebrow, his mouth too full to respond for a moment. When it wasn't, he responded. "But I'm not the one marrying her. You are." Preston chuckled at his own joke before speaking again.

"She trusts us to get this house all set up on our own?" he asked, a little bit in shock. He still didn't know Valentina all that well, though they were friendly enough with each other. But, she had struck him as a bit of a control freak. Preston actually wouldn't have minded her telling them what to do. If it was up to him, they wouldn't have much of anything for a long time. The only piece of furniture that Preston really cared about was his bed and that was all set up.

Sergei managed to finish off his slice and figured that enough was enough. He needed to find a glass of water. Something about that sauce left a weird taste in his mouth. He summoned a glass and conjured some water, despite being next to the sink. He took a sip before he nearly choked when Preston made a joke about him being a stud, and Valentina isn't marrying him. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand once the water cleared from his lungs. "Nice try, Preston. But a girl would have to be rather crazy to marry you." Sergei smirked at his friend, knowing that his statement was a joke. Although, truth be told, he wondered if Preston was going to find himself a girlfriend anytime soon. Sergei was getting married, which was strange but sometimes not in the eyes of his family at all. It was frowned upon if one waited too late, actually. Mainly for the males though.

The animagus took another sip of water, before he nodded. "Yeah, but added more work on me. I mean, a few more flicks of the wrist is a little tiring. You don't know nightmares until you have to hang up a hundred thousand girl outfits you know they are never going to wear." Sergei finished off his glass of water, until he placed it into the sink to wash it later. He let out a sigh and shook his head, "Sometimes, I wish that I was attracted to males and didn't have to deal with the females. But everything they have is so damn good." Sergei paused on what he said, before he quickly tried to cover it up, "When are you going to get a girl of your own? Assuming you like them. I'm a damn stud but I'm spoken for."

Preston ate his crust slowly, finishing the last bit before grinning at his roommate. "That'd be perfect" he chuckled, "that's how I like my girls anyway." It wasn't like the boy had never been in a relationship before. He had just never been in any long-term serious ones like Sergei was. He didn't know what it was about his friend's family or purebloods in general, he wasn't sure, but they seemed to get married awfully early.

Summoning his own cup, Preston downed it. His eyebrow raised as Sergei continued talking. A smirk crossed his face as he reached for another slice. Preston would probably live out of his boxes for a while. He was here now, so there really was no rush to unpack..unless there was a charm to help with that which he was sure there was. "Yes. Such a shame. You're exactly who I would've wanted to spend the rest of my life with" he deadpanned. Preston wasn't even sure he wanted to be in a relationship right now. Perhaps another situation like the one he'd had with Sage would work. That had been a lot of fun.

Sergei narrowed his eyes at Preston, and wondered if he really liked them crazy. He would have to ask since if he brought a girl home, and he was home, well, he would have to like her too, right? "Are you sure you want to try a crazy girl? I know several but they are all in my family, and well... I think you are a better roommate alive." Sergei folded his arms across his chest, figuring that he would be here for a little bit. He didn't want to get up and finish unpacking anyway. Magic would just take care of it. After all, why bother doing manual labor when there was magic to do it for him? He wished that potions could take care of it too, since he was in the Potions subgroup. Maybe he could make one that could clean everything... Wait, that made him sound like a housewife.

The way Preston said what he said, made Sergei back up a hair. If it was one thing that he was comfortable with, it was his sexuality. "Yeah, it is a shame huh. You did that almost too well, Preston." Sergei raised an eyebrow before he shook his head. Yeah, that was definitely too perfect. Preston made it seem pretty believable, but his little internal radar didn't go off around him. Otherwise, why have a house with him? Sergei chuckled, before he looked at him seriously, "I plan on having a small, quiet wedding. You're welcome to be the best man and stuff."

Preston chuckled. "Am I making you uncomfortable, Sergei?" The guy could barely contain his glee at the thought. It wasn't everyday that he had any kind of upper hand on his roommate. After a moment, he shook his head. "No. No way. I can barely deal with you. I don't want to date anyone in your family...unless it's your cousin. What was her name again?" Preston thought for a moment and remembered, recalling the younger girl's long, long legs and blonde hair. "Vixen. She's hot" Preston stated, though he was mostly joking since he knew it would make Sergei mad. Preston had never really flouted any of his flings like some of the other guys in the house did. He knew exactly how many girls some of his house mates had been with. Preston had never been that kind of guy.

Before he could say more on that, Preston was shocked into silence. Sergei was sharing his thoughts on his wedding. "Are you serious?" he asked as he sat up straighter. Preston would have thought that Sergei would ask one of his many cousins to be his best man. He was a muggleborn after all, and though Sergei had been really good about not bringing it up much, he didn't think that he'd be invited to be near the family at an important event. It wasn't like Preston brought up his blood ever, but people who had gone to school with them would know.

Sergei flinched slightly when Preston asked if he was making him uncomfortable. Hell yeah, he was! However, instead of answering like any regular old person, he just grunted and shrugged his shoulders, brushing it off. However, he could barely handle thinking of that. Then, Preston mentioned that he would not want to date anyone in his family, unless it was his cousin, Vixen. Sergei closed his eyes, as his face twisted in aggravation. However, it quickly vanished when he realized what exactly happened to her. "You should have grabbed her while you could. Rumor has it that she was swept away, willingly, by someone our age. I always knew that she would turn out like her wh*re of a mother. The apple really doesn't fall far from the tree." Arnost was not really at all that pure either. He went around screwing almost everything that walked, and so did Thorine. It was only fitting that their spawn would turn out that way. However, Ivaylo, did not. He was more or less just like his father, Asparuh. A relief, to be honest.

"Yeah. I don't joke around that much," Sergei shrugged, a smirk touching his lips ever so lightly. Sergei looked toward Preston. "You kind of stuck around me for so long, it would be rude not to include you. Besides, none of my family will be there except my dad and the priest. You don't have to worry about either of them." That was a lie. If Hades knew Preston was muggle-born, the two would be drinking his blood at the wedding instead of wine. Sergei knew how to cover that up though. He was good at things like that. "My wedding is early 2039." Next year. He had a lot of planning to do, which wouldn't take much time to complete. Then, Preston would be living with two Zhefarovich's instead of just one.

Preston shook his head, still chuckling to himself as he watched Sergei react. The laughs faded away though when he realized that he'd obviously touched a nerve somewhere. "I was just kidding" he mumbled before Sergei explained why he looked so annoyed when Preston had mentioned Vixen. The former Slytherin's eyes widened as Sergei called his own cousin a wh***. That family sure was strange.

Glad that the conversation didn't linger on Vixen, Preston gave Sergei a genuine smile. Without saying it, he knew that Sergei was honoring their friendship. "Well thanks, buddy" Preston stood up, holding out his hand to give his roommate a good shake. "I'm honored." It was true. It didn't matter to Preston that there weren't going to be many guests. That he was one of them meant the world to him. Ever since he'd become a part of the magical world, Preston had just wanted to belong. Well, that wasn't exactly true. There was a time that he'd have been ok not belonging. Now, though, he was all in. "2039? Great. That gives me plenty of time to plan a killer bachelor party" Preston smirked, rubbing his hands together.

Sergei was relieved when Preston said that he was just kidding. Sergei figured that Vixen would not have sought him out anyway because of his blood status. And, the former Slytherin was glad that the conversation did not continue. Vixen was a person of her own, and needed to have some time to herself, and distance herself from men. Maybe she just found 'the one' like he believed he had with Valentina, despite their rocky beginning. Preston said that he was honored, and Sergei nodded once. "As you should be," Sergei teased, since Preston was truly his only friend. Who else would be the best man? Sergei could have chosen a family member, but he didn't many of them there. There was too many to invite anyway. So, he was going to have a quiet one. He smirked when Preston mentioned a bachelor party, and he nodded, "Sure. Just us and a bunch of strippers. Sounds like a plan." Sergei looked forward to getting married, but now he had something else to look forward to. The party that Preston could be planning for him.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back