OOC First Name
Charlie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Straight 10 1/2 Inch Sturdy Willow Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Jingyi was determined to try and be better this year. Now Xinyi was coming back to school, Jingyi wanted things to be better between them, to be a better brother and actually support his twin. And he was sure as heck going to try, not making any comments about how he enjoyed drawing and being so soft about things. It was the middle of the holidays and the familiar tapping at the window that morning signaled the arrival of their Hogwarts lists. Jingyi was the only one around, a piece of toast hanging from his mouth as he moved to the window. "Fanks," he managed to mumble through a mouthful as he took the letters from the owl, ripping off a piece of bread to feed to the creature as he treat before turning back to the kitchen table.

He found the one with his name on it and ripped the latter open, tossing the ones addressed to his brother and sister onto the table. Pulling the letter out, he scanned it only briefly before going to toss the envelope. But paused, the envelope still felt heavy, scrunching his nose as he upturned it and a badge clattered out onto the table. A prefect badge. Weird, he swore he had opened the letter addressed to him. "Xinyi! Xiuying!" He shouted, pulling the toast out of his mouth as he did so, "Letters are here. Think I accidentally opened your one, tho Xinyi."

Xinyi had woken up early that morning, and had spent some time curled up against the wall by the head of his bed, just sketching away happily. He'd lost track of time, when he heard his brother call for him. He got up, stretching a moment before padding to the kitchen barefoot. "What did you do?" He asked, picking up the badge on the table. His brow furrowed. "I don't think this is mine, I was gone last year... let me see," He turned to Jingyi and held out his hand, wanting the envelope.

Xiuying was glad that everything seemed like it was somewhat getting back to normal. She was glad that Xinyi had been back to school. The eldest sibling had been stuck in her room all morning, studying as her parents would like when she heard the voice of her brother calling out her name. "Coming!" She called out, as she finished what she was doing, before padding down towards the kitchen.

She smiled happily when she noticed that there was a letter for her, quickly opened her letter not aware of what was happening around her as of yet. She had been waiting for this letter for while, noticing the familiar heaviness within the envelope, quickly digging her hand into the envelope to take out the contents, discarding the letter. "It's here!" Xiuying said excitedly. She looked at the captain badge proudly. She knew she was going to wear it with pride. She finally looked up from the badge and noticed that one of her brothers had been holding onto a prefect badge. "Oh! Who's the lucky prefect" Xiuying says curiously, peering over a little.

Jingyi instantly gave a small huff at his twin's accusation. "I didn't do anything." He had clearly just opened the wrong envelope all. However, upon further inspection, the envelope in his hand was addressed to him. "Obviously it's for you," he just pressed with a small shake of his head, "They just put the badge in the wrong envelope. It's not going to be for me, honestly, use your head." Why on earth would they make him a prefect? Better Xinyi than him.

And there was the obvious jealousy in his gut when Xiuying opened her envelope and pulled out the Quidditch Captain badge. "You're so lucky," he offered just a little mournfully. He had stopped trying out for the Gryffindor team (feeling somewhat bitter that a younger student had been picked over himself), but he still loved the sport and was still annoyed he could never fulfill his dream of being captain one day. "Xinyi," he responded almost instantly to his sister's question. "They just put it in the wrong envelope. Clearly, it's not for me."

Xinyi raised a brow. "They won't give it to me, Jingyi, I was gone all of last year. It was in your envelope, it's yours." He insisted. "Xiuying, are there names on these things?" He asked, looking to her. "Oh, and congratulations, you deserve that badge," He smiled, looking back to Jingyi. "And so do you, just take it."

Xiuying smiled appreciatively at her brothers. "Thanks," Xiuying said with a small smile. She kinda felt bad though. She knew bits and pieces about Jingyi's obsession with quidditch, but she wasn't going to rub it in too much. She also appreciated the congratulations that Xinyi had given her.

Xiuying then frowned in confusion when it came to the prefect badge. "I don't think they would've put the badge in the wrong envelope..." Xiuying says with a frown. Xiuying became confused as to why Jingyi thought the badge didn't belong to him, she was sure he deserved it, for whatever reason it was. She shook her head at Xinyi's question. "Nah, they don't usually have names on them," Xiuying says with a shake of her head. "Where's the letter, lemme have a look at it" Xiuying says, as she looked around the table for the letter, making slight grabby hands.

"Well, they're not going to give it to me! I am the least prefect-like person to like... ever prefect." He liked to break the rules and pull pranks and sneak off into places he shouldn't be. He wasn't helpful to younger students or a good role model for anyone to be following. Xinyi on the other hand was the perfect prefect material. He was nice and kind and followed the rules. Therefore, it was very clear that there had been some kind of mixup with the postage and Jingyi had accidentally gotten his twin's prefect badge.

Scanning through the letter in his hand again, he shrugged and handed it over when his sister started making grabby hands. "It's just addressed to Mr. Huang. The envelope had my name on it, but I think they just the wrong contents in the wrong envelope or something. Doesn't say anything about being a stupid prefect."

Xinyi raised a brow. "I beg to differ. Didn't they give one to that older boy with the anger issues?" He asked, moving to grab himself something to eat. "C'mon, Jingyi. It's yours. I don't think they make mistakes like that." He came back with his own toast, sitting at the table. "Let me see mine," He murmured, grabbing his own letter and skimming through it. "No, there's nothing in mine either, just a list."

Xiuying knew the professors wouldn't make a mistake like this. She looked at Xinyi, confused. "Anger issues?" Xiuying said as she tilted her head, as she thought of the prefects with anger issues, though she couldn't really think of who. She then looked at the letter, trying to read the letter properly, but as mentioned to what Jingyi was saying, there was no other name mentioned in the letter other than 'Mr. Huang'. "I still think the prefect badge is yours, Jingyi. Again, I don't think they'd do that by mistake. If you really do think it's a mistake, maybe you should speak to Professor Kingsley or something" Xiuying says to her brother with a shrug, as she also sat down on the table, joining Xinyi, as she adjusted her glasses.

"What anger issues?" He didn't know of any prefects with anger issues. Then again, he didn't really know of any prefects in the first place. That was one population of Hogwarts students he tended to avoid - for obvious reasons. Though he did watch closely when Xinyi opened his own letter, only to find that there was no prefect badge waiting for him. "Yeah, of course, there's nothing in yours. Because you one is already there," he offered casually, pointing to the discarded badge on the table. "Just take it, c'mon. I don't even want to be a stupid prefect." That meant responsibility, which was never something Jinyi had been very good at.

Xinyi shrugged. "Yeah, I think he was on the Quidditch team or something, I heard he was cranky a lot," He grabbed himself a drink. "He was in the Brotherhood, I think." He settled down at the table. "Jingyi, come on, it's not mine." He insisted. "Why don't we just check when we get to school? I bet you five galleons its yours," He teased with a slight smile.

Xiuying nodded when Xinyi explained further about who he was speaking of. She might've guessed who he was speaking of, but she most likely would've been wrong. Xiuying frowned further when Jingyi kept denying how he was a prefect. "C'mon dude, it's yours. I'm sure of it. What makes you think it's not yours?" Xiuying frowned a little, as she slightly nudged the badge towards Jingyi. She could somewhat understand why her brother thought of that. But there must be a reason as to why the Gryffindor head of house chose Jingyi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back