Merry Christmas Darling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andromeda looked at him aghast, her mouth hung open in disbelieve trying to form the words that seemed too shocked to be spoken a loud. Finally she got herself together and punched him playfully on the arm.
"Now Sumner Reine are you trying to throw down a gauntlet to a Gryffindor? Is that some kind of veiled challenge?" she grinned, feeling that this was just what she needed. The world seemed to be spinning out of control, the room was swaying slightly and the uncontrollable urge to heave her insides all over the dance floor was being fought bravely behind the scenes.
"Go on, dare me to do something. I have no problem doing anything at all. Want me to dance on one of the tables?" she giggled looking down at her suede red boots before looking back up at him, "Go on then, dare me!"She challenged him with a wicked mischievous grin.

Sumner chuckled, his eyes glowing with an unholy mirth. He'd done what he'd set out to do, take Andy's mind off of the very thing that was haunting her. That had driven her to drink tonight. "Oh I think you've been put up on display enough tonight," he remarked, smirking as he referred to her singing on the platform in front of the school body. "I dare you-," he trailed off, grey eyes narrowing as he saw Lily and her date snogging on the dance floor. He felt more than anger as he took in the scene. His head whipped back toward Andy. "I dare you to kiss a girl. Lily in fact."

Andromeda waited patiently actually it was with a fair degree of impatience, her left foot began to tap the floorboards vigurously as a surge of adrenaline passed through her. It was almost as if the alcohol racing through her was psyching her up for whatever dare he would issue her. When he eventually said the words it was not anything like what she expected. Not sure if she had actually comprehended him she screwed up her face to look at him before turning around to find where Lily was. When eventually she spotted her with Ashton on the dancefloor she glanced back at Sumner. A sickle was beginning to drop but she was too far inebriated that she could not make the connection as yet.
"You want me to kiss a girl? Not just any girl but Lily?" she asked him to make doubly sure she had gotten this right.

Andromeda knew she wouldn't back down from it but she was a slice short of a pizza at that point and had to make sure she had heard him right.

Sumner smirked, grabbed her shoulders in a firm but gentle grip and turned her toward Lily. "I dared you to kiss Lily." He smacked her light on the arse and let go, stepping back. "Get to it scout." He smirked, waiting for her to act. His arms crossed over his chest. He didn't care if he ruined anyone's night. His already was. Let the games begin.

Sumner turned her around by the shoulders pointing her in the direction he wanted her to go in, stressing very clearly what the dare was. Andy wondered briefly how normal was it for girls to kiss one another, up till magic school her life had been very sheltered and even now as heated as things got between herself and Crispin, she was so damn innocent and niave that she seriously wouldn't have a clue what she was doing. She looked for a moment at Lily, ok so the girl was gorgeous but she was here with Ashton. Was it fair to storm over there and interupt them by 'kissing her'? Andromeda got a massive fit of the giggles. If it meant upsetting Ashton, then yeah Andromeda would take the dare on no worries.
Raising her hand to her forehead as Sumner smacked her on the arse, she continued to giggle as she gave him an over exaggerated salute.
"Aye aye Captain" she flicked her hair over her shoulders and walked a few steps, glancing back over her shoulder she put her hand in front of her mouth and blew on it before smelling her breath. It stank just a little of firewhisky but nothing majorly bad. She winked at Sumner, gave him a thumbs up and turned around once more. Taking a deep breath she walked on until she was standing in front of the couple. It was as if she only dared to release the breath she had taken at that point. Tapping Ashton on the shoulder she smiled innocently.

"Excuse me, can I cut in?" she barely gave Ashton or Lily a chance to speak or react to her presence as she moved her tall slender frame in front of Lily. With a giggle she tried not to look at Sumner, willed herself not to. So looking at Lily she smiled.
"Happy Christmas, but you are under the mistletoe" and it was true, Lily and Andromeda were now standing directly under a nice thicket of mistletoe. She let the good old Gryffindor bravado engulf her as the alcohol once again gave her the kick she needed. Placing her hands on either side of Lily's face she kissed her. Her soft cherry chapsticked mouth came to rest on the Ravenclaw captains, a gentle pressure as her lips moved over Lilys and her fingers began to tangle into her hair as the kiss deepened.

Lily was enjoying being simply in Ashton's arms. It was different from being with Blake or around Sumner, and she had to admit it was not a bad feeling at all. It was wonderful. She looked up at his face, then smiled. Ashton was different than the other boys she had been around. He was not a quidditch player and was a bit softer than the others, but not in a bad way at all. Her thoughts started to drift to the what-ifs...what if he asked her out....what if they...

In the middle of her reverie, Andy interupted them. Stepping back, she said "Sure," thinking that the Gryffindor wanted to dance with Ashton and that Lily would go and dance with Sumner. There was never anything wrong with dancing with her best friend. Confusion clouded her face as Andy was face to face with Lily. "Wha-" was all she was able to get out before Andy's lips crushed hers. Standing stock still in the shock of what was happening to her, Lily placed her hands up on Andy's shoulder's to push her away -- then stopped. She found her eyes closing on her and her mouth responding to the younger girl's movements. Hands tangled into her shorter hair, pulling her closer to the redhead, and Lily could not help but allow the kiss to deepen. Her brain was screaming at her What are you DOING??? This is a GIRL!!!! but for whatever reason, caution was tossed to the wind and she simply rolled with it.

Crispin walked through the large open doors into the Great Hall. He paused to take in his surroundings and thought it looked more beautiful than he remembered. Bits of snow brushed his shoulders, falling to dust his slicked back hair. It appeared nearly black in the low candle light, worn in a style he never had bothered with before. He had paced his dorm room, unable to be still, restlessness filling him as he strove to stick with his decision to not attend the ball this year. Before he had known or fully grasped it, he was dressed in the formal wear he had borrowed from one of his roommates and heading up the stairs to the hall.

His mismatched eyes scanned the hall unintentionally for flame red hair then widened as he spotted her. They widened then narrowed into slits. Kissing Lily Potter. What the bloody hell was going on?! He headed in that direction and before he was completely on them he smelled it. Firewhiskey. It's strong, sharp smell leaked from Andy's pores, tainting her rosy scent. Reaching out, he grasped her arm, pulling her from the taboo embrace.
"What are you doing?" His voice hissed from his mouth, anger filling him as it never had before. He was angry that her 'friends' could stand by and let her do this to herself. He was angry at her for being foolish enough to get soused at a public function and demean herself in public. Most of all he was angry at the jerk who she had professed had her heart for failing her.

Ashton had eyes for no one else but Lily as they danced slowly, moving in slow circles as they swayed back and forth. Before he really knew what was happening, Andy interrupted their dance. He could tell there was something totally off about the girl but could not figure out exactly what it was. Then the most unbelievable thing happened. Andy was kissing Lily! Ashton stood there with his jaw down to the floor. Shock. Pure and simple shock. His thoughts moved between Damn b1tch that is my woman! to Merlin that is HOT! His pants began to feel a bit uncomfortable as he simply watched. Ashton could not make his body move to pull Andy from his date. Then Crispin, his roommate, was there, wearing some clothes that looked awfully familiar. He broke the girls apart and pulled Andy to him. Moving forward, he took hold of Lily's arm, pulling her back from the other girl, not quite sure what to say.

The sensation was not altogether unpleasant, there was no urgency the way there always was with Crispin but then again kissing Crispin was kissing the love of her life. This was simply a dare. Still it was a nice dare as far as they went and Lily was sport enough to play along by kissing her back. Andromeda hadn't expected that, just as she hadn't expected the hand on her arm pulling her away from Lily or the most glorious voice in the world. She turned her face around to look at him, her deep red hair tumbling about her shoulders as she did so. Her eyes looked first with disbelieve at him and then slowly a smile spread across her face.

"I sang a song for you" she beamed at him, forgetting all about the kiss as Crispin stood in front of her. She couldn't fathom for the life of her why he seemed so angry with her but then again they were rarely on the same page.
What was she doing? That's what he had asked her wasn't it? She swayed slightly as another burst of heat emanated from the firewhiskey through her system.

"I was.. kissing Lily. There was mistletoe and ... there was no you" she told him trying to gather her thoughts cohesively but the alcohol was making her brain feel decidedly furry. Another bright smile as she looked at him, she couldn't help but throw her arms about his shoulders.
"Happy Christmas Crispin" she smiled beaming from ear to ear, not once did she mention Sumner or the dare. She was a Gryffindor, it simply wasn't done.

Professor Josef Wolf may have been a small man but he was more observant than many gave him credit for. Looking about the hall all night long had begun to give him a headache and it seemed to be mainly down to one girl in particular. He recognised her sure enough and was tempted to go to her when she had started singing but refrained from doing so. Sumner Reine had handled the situation admirably but as Josef looked about him now he saw the red head kissing Lily Potter. He began to splutter and gasp. He had never seen anything so outrageous in all his life.

Walking his half-dwarf frame over to the small group as Crispin Cold pulled her away, Josef Wolf looked up at the tall girl.
"Now what is going on here? Miss Fiorelli that sort of conduct is not becoming of a lady?" he glared, "I think now you should just leave. I will be speaking to your head of house. This won't be the end of this."

Crispin brushed her hair back from her face, frowning as her arms came around his shoulders. Her speech was slow, slurred and she was so obviously heavily intoxicated it near broke his heart to see his strong love in this state. He reached up and grabbed her hands, bringing them to his mouth to brush his lips across her knuckles. Quickly he shrugged out of his dress jacket and helped her to put her arms into it so it'd cover her. He didn't say anything as the professor, one he recognized as a substitute, addressed her for her actions. "I'll see she gets safely to her house, professor," he told the man firmly, looking to lead her from the large room. "Come on Andy," he murmured near her ear, his arm around the middle of her back.

Andromeda felt as if it were suddenly Christmas morning and she had simply be given the greatest present ever as Crispin brushed her hair back and kissed her hands. If she had been intoxicated before she was literally punch drunk on love now watching as he removed his dress jacket and helped her put her arms through. She closed her eyes inhaling the scent of him around her when the professor began to scold her for her behavior. At first she looked around her for his voice and not seeing him looked downwards slowly.
"Awwww shou're luv..ly" she patted his head with a giggle and whispered conspiratorially to him, "Ith may be ...fur a lady but it's valy accep .. table for a wolf. Oh my gosh... I didn't mean shou" she put her hand over her mouth as another fit of laughter escaped her. But she was not ready to leave yet, as much as she wanted to with Crispin, Sumner would be left alone and that wasn't fair.

"What about my date?" she turned to Crispin, raising a finger up to poke him gently on his shoulder and forehead making sure he was real, "you're very handsome tonight"
She leaned in towards him once more allowing her head to rest on his shoulder as she held on to the front of his shirt gently, a contented sigh escaping her to be so close to him.

Professor Wolf gasped indignantly as the girl patted him on his head. He knew just what she referred to when she mentioned the word 'wolf' and he decided that once the holidays were over it was time to take the girl in hand. She had wallowed in self pity for her condition long enough, she was a Gryffindor for crying out loud and needed to start acting like it. He ignored her completely and turned to the young man.

"Crispin Cold I'll be giving Slytherin ten points for unexpected chivalry alone. Thank you my young man, you many just have saved everyone elses night from getting ruined. Take her straight away" he looked back up at her stepping backwards with hands on his hips, "You're date could do with a swift kick for allowing you to get into this state. Now go on be off with you before I lose my temper".

He bristled angrily waiting for them to leave before he turned angrily back on the students listening in, barking at them to get back to enjoying themselves he headed back to the matter of patrolling the out rim of the dancefloor.

Andromeda felt devastated all of a sudden as she glanced back down at the professor. She stepped away from Crispin with a look of shock on her face.
"I've been ruining pe.. peop... everyone's night?" her speech was much slower and not as slurred as a result, "It wasn't... his fault. He... he didn't know." She wasn't going to have Sumner be blamed for her actions.

A frown creased her brow as she wrapped the jacket tight about her, her cheeks suffusing with a rosy glow from the alcohol or embarrassment she didn't know.
"I ... can... walk... myself there" she turned not caring who was watching her as she began to leave the Great Hall, if Crispin was here then he had obviously come with a date. If she had already been ruining every one elses night as the professor had suggested then she certainly wasn't going to ruin anymore.
"Go back to your... date" she muttered, her head was pounding something awful now and all she wanted to do was lie down somewhere though at the same time she still couldn't help the feeling of euphoria that washed through her.

Crispin fought not to flinch as her finger came toward his face. He was on edge, in a very dangerous mood, very unlike him. He turned his attention to the shorter man. "Thank you professor." Jaw tight, eyes burning in his face, he followed Andy out of the crowd, using one hand on her waist to steer her in the right direction. Once out into the entrance hall he rounded on her. "Hold your tongue," he snarled, his hands shaking. He didn't trust her to walk on her own and once more he found himself stooping to easily lift her into his arms. Tempted to take her to the hospital wing and drop her on her arse on one of the cots and walk away. Go dip his head in the lake to cool off. He'd never felt such a burning anger before.

She nearly made it out of the hall when she felt him beside her, a well placed hand on her waist as if she needed him to guide her along. She knew exactly where she was going and was about to say so when he snarled at her. They were barely in the entrance hall when this happened and Andromeda's eyes widened. She had never seen him so angry, could not remember the last time she had seen anyone this angry with her. Even Kiera and Kat had no comparison with him at this point.
"Hold your tongue"

She wanted to fight back somehow, be just as angry with him for everything but found that the silliness which had kept her afloat through most of the night was still there and she instead did exactly what he said. She stuck her tongue out slowly and held it between two fingers. Her heart hammered loudly when he scooped her up and her arms went about him to hold on incase the wild idea to throw her off somewhere should enter his head. Andromeda could only look at his beautiful profile as he carried her up the stairs, completely bewildered.

How long did he expect her to stay quiet for? After a moment she allowed her head to rest against his shoulder and closed her eyes to simply regale each facet of this moment to memory. It would take some concentration considering the condition of her well oiled grey cells. She couldn't do it any longer, she was never one known for her silence. Her speech muffled slightly by the nearness of her face to his shoulder she spoke.
"Well at least ... now we can compare... notes on Lily"

Breathless

Sumner's shoved his hands in his pockets, pretty damn sure Andy would never go through with something so ridiculous, drunk or not. Any minute now she'd turn around. Yep. He rocked back on his heels. He should've put money on the bet, then he could've lined his pockets when she wimped out. Yeah. Any minute now. "What the bloody **** Andy!" His hands flew to grip his hair and he began laughing hard. Then his laughter died as the kiss went on. And on. And...wow. He shifted from foot to foot, uncomfortable now. Particularly in the pants area. He watched the rest of the events unfold in a kind of a daze. Once the werewolf and her snake were out of the room, he went to the punch bowl and gulped down a large cup, not stopping until it was all gone. That had been the hottest thing he'd ever witnessed.

Turning, he met Lily's eyes. His had an altogether too familiar light in them. Why the hell hadn't he asked her? All the reasons why he shouldn't, for her sake, all seemed stupid now. Regret bit into him. Walking up to them, he spoke to her. "May I borrow you for a dance?"

What am I doing? Why am I kissing her back? Lily thought as her lips continued to move against Andy's. It was different than kissing Blake or Sumner or any of the other boys she had been kissing over the past few weeks. It tasted like...like cherries. Her hands rested on the Gryffindor's shoulders, stilled from trying to push her away. Suddenly, they were pulled apart and the next few minutes flew like mere seconds. Andy was with Crispin and Lily was pulled next to Ashton and away from the situation. She was in shock.

Soon enough she realized that Andy was drunk. Why else would a girl attempt to kiss another girl? Of course that was the reason. Looking up at Ashton, she smiled. "I'm sorry. I don't know what just happened there." She stammered a bit and blushed. Looking around and away from her date for a moment, she locked eyes with Sumner. He seems pleased, she thought. Figures. Her eyes sought out Ashton's again, and as she was just about to suggest getting out of there, her best friend appoached and asked her for a dance. She hoped that her date would not mind as she turned to face Sumner. Nodding, she held her hand out to him and followed him onto the dance floor.

Ashton was conflicted. It was totally hot that Lily was making out with Andy, but on the other hand, it was totally hot and it was over. Crispin had pulled them apart and he had retrieved Lily. "Not to worry," he replied to her, tipping her face up to meet his eyes, "I rather enjoyed that little display you just made to be honest." His eyes sparkled as they met hers, and he smiled softly.

Too soon, Sumthingoranother approached them and asked to dance with Lily. He was just about to butt in and say no when Lily accepted his request. Ashton watched her go with the punching bag reluctantly. Walking over to the punch bowl, he poured himself a glass, watching every movement that the Ravenclaw git made on his date.

Sumner led Lily toward a parting in the crowded dance floor and slowly enfolded her in his arms. The song was slow, the skin of her back soft beneath his roughened fingers. He handled her gently, his temple pressed to hers, his breathe light and warm across her ear. One hand held hers pressed against his chest, his covering the back of hers. "Looks like my date bailed." His voice lowered, the joking tone that was present drifting into a quiet, serious tone. "You look beautiful tonight. I should have asked you, Lily."

Lily slipped her arm around Sumner's waist as he held her close, her head resting against his. She loved the feeling of his hand on her skin, his breath on her ear, her hand in his. She would deny it to anyone, even herself, but the feeling was like she was home where she belonged. "Yeah, I think she is in good hands though," she joked back. Then Sumner lowered his voice and said words that literally made her heart jump and her body temperature rise. "I would have said yes," she said after a moment. "But I am here with Ashton tonight. He deserves my attention." Lily pulled Sumner closer, the exact opposite of her words. She inhaled Sumner's scent, allowing it to warm her inside even more. If anyone asked, she would have to admit when it came to Sumner she was totally confused -- especially the way her thoughts have been turning as of late.

Sumner nodded slightly, breathing her clean scent in. She smelled wonderful, something wholly feminine and unique to Lily. "You're right, you should." He smirked as she pulled him closer to the softness of her body. He hummed along to the general tune of the song then began singing it softly by her ear, smiling. He dropped back to humming then stopped to ask her impertinently. "So Lily. I saw you kissed a girl. And you liked it," he smirked, his lips grazing the shell of her ear.

Lily could not help but inhale sharply as Sumner's lips grazed her ear. As soon as he brought up the kiss, she had a funny feeling he knew more than he was letting on. Pulling her head back so she could look him in the eyes, one eyebrow raised up. "If I find out you had anything to do with that..." she threatened before allowing a smirk to grace her lips. Her mouth moving back to his ear, she whispered, "Is it a bad thing if I did?"

Sumner set his face into the most innocent expression he could muster. "Me? I didn't make her kiss you." Her head next to his again, he smirked, fighting not to chuckle. Technically it was true, he hadn't made Andy do anything. He'd only dared her, as a joke mainly. He hadn't thought she'd actually go through with it. Although he, and he was sure most males in the room, were forever grateful that she had. The image had burned itself on his brain and he would never, ever, ever want to scrub it out. When they spun a bit, his eyes locked with Ashton's. Out of pure devilry, he allowed his hand to slide lower on the small of her back and when he answered Lily, made it appear as though they were sharing a lover's secret. Smirking, he turned them again until his back was to the snake. "Lily, nothing that sensational could ever be wrong."

Lily didn't believe Sumner for a second. That fake innocent look gave him away. She made note to deal with him later -- when she could properly punish him. She had to admit, it wasn't a bad kiss at all. Andy seemed to know what she was doing, drunk or not. She was glad the professor had arrived when he did so she wasn't going to have to bust her kissing partner herself. The taste of firewhiskey remained in Lily's mouth from their kiss. "Oh, so you think that was sensational? You have no idea sweetie," she whispered into his ear, fully aware that Ashton was watching their every move. If he said anything to her, she planned to put him in his place. Yes, she was there with Ashton tonight, but she was allowed to dance with her best friend -- and share whatever secrets she desired with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back