OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Tail of Charmed Newt
(Closed Topic. This thread and the events within are Admin Approved.)

Sumner smoothed down the scarlet red tie against his black dress shirt, taking a moment to refasten the suit buttons. Surreptitiously checking that his fly was up, he slid his hands into the pressed black slacks, shifting from foot to foot as he waited for Andy. They'd agreed to meet in the Entrance Hall. She wasn't late, he was just being impatient. He had promised to be on his best behavior tonight, no fighting. When not dancing or eating, he'd have his hands planted firmly, and safely, in his pockets for the night.

Turning at the sound of footsteps, he noted it was Lily's date. The jerk from the Feast. You promised. You promised. The reminder floated through his mind, hands balling into fists in his pockets as his mouth tightened. He spared him a nod before looking away.

Ashton had agreed to meet Lily in the Entrance Hall. As he walked into the open area, he smoothed his jacket, glad he hadn't had time to find a tie to wear. The last minute decision to ask Lily was still one of his better moves. He really hadn't relished a night stuck in the dorms with a bunch of loser first years.

Looking around, he spotted Lily's friend, Sumpter or whatever it was. He nodded at him, returning the greeting, remembering how fun it was to use him as a punching bag at the last school function. A small smirked graced his lips as he turned and paced, waiting for his date to show up.

Lily strapped her gold sandles on her feet and did a once over on her hair. Satisfied that she was completely in place, she hung up her robe again before heading out the door and out of the tower. A small smirk on her lips over what had transpired only an hour ago in the boys dorms, she practically skipped down the stairs to the Entrance Hall where she had agreed to meet Ashton. She really didn't know him all too well, but he was always friendly with her and, honestly, quite cute.

At the bottom of the steps, she slipped her lip gloss out of her cleavage where she had stashed it and applied a light layer to her lips before walking into the entrance. She smiled as she saw the pair of boys pacing nervously, waiting for their dates to show up and trying to avoid each other. Giving Sumner a small smile, she walked over to Ashton and grinned at him. "Hi Ashton. You look wonderful."

Andromeda had gotten ready in the prefects bathroom once again, this time with more cause to as she poured the firewhiskey from the glass bottle into a hip flask she had managed to swipe from the kitchens. She knew one of the house elves liked to carry around some pumpkin juice on duty with him and had been careless enough to leave it lying around. She would give it back of course but after tonight.

As she pulled on the fishnet stockings she couldn't help but take a drink from the flask and almost choked as the flaming liquid pierced through her. Opening her mouth to breath loudly she frantically waved her hand in front of her mouth hoping that this would cool it down but how stupid was that. Convinced another sip might drown out the fire of the first one she placed the flask to her mouth again and drank. The amber liquid still intensified her innards in its blazing trail down through her but this time she did not cough or wretch from its taste. She felt slightly invigorated and pulled on the red boots that went with the outfit. She couldn't help but omit a giggle as she viewed herself in the long mirror. Attaching a small red pouch to her belt she slipped the flask inside and brushed her long hair out about her.

Taking a deep breath she stealed herself for the night ahead. The alcohol would help her get through it, she knew if she had to see Crispin with Lily again tonight arms all over each others bodies she would go insane and would most likely do a 'Sumner' on them. The drink gave her the courage she needed to face the night ahead, a night where she would have to see him and not be near him. She made her way down the stairs, feeling a lazy euphoria steal over her. She felt good, damn good. Her long legs carried her easily enough down the stairs where she saw Sumner pacing in his suit. He looked really good. Another couple caught her eye as she made her way from the last step over to him. Lily was with Ashton and not Crispin. This puzzled her. So who was he here with then?

Walking over to Sumner she felt suddenly flirty and ridiculously brazen, she placed her hands up as if to straighten his tie giving him a wink.
"Wow you clean up real good" then doing a slight turn she stopped to smile unabashed at him, "What would you like for Christmas Sumner? I'm sure Santa's little helper could fix you up with something".
Her gaze went again to Lily and Ashton and she smiled. Not necessarily as a greeting, just relief that she wasn't with Crispin.

Ashton looked up as Lily walked in, a vision in red. She was beautiful, her long legs showing under the short dress and her feet strapped in to delicate shoes. It brought a huge smile to his face to see that his date was so gorgeous -- knowing full well that the athletic girl that he would watch on the quidditch pitch was very much the beautiful woman he saw before him. "You look amazing, Lily," he said softly, bending in and giving her a soft kiss on the cheek. Holding his arm out to her, he asked, "Shall we show off what a vision you are tonight?" His smile was genuine. Lily was easily the most beautiful girl at the ball.

Just then, Andromeda entered the Hall and made her way to the Ravenclaw boy. He remembered the stolen kiss out on the pitch and how he simply had left. With a small smirk, he returned his eyes to his date, knowing that if the opportunity arose, he would not simply walk away from a kiss with her.

Sumner absently studied the wainscoting, wishing he had something to do other than to wait and pace. Especially near numb nuts here. Be nice. Be civil. Fists to ourselves tonight. Heels clicking on the stone flooring brought his head turning and there she was, beautiful as ever. Not for the first time that night did he want to kick himself for not asking her. Damn convention and damn the masses. Now he'd have to endure seeing that monkey paw her. His eyes narrowed as they flashed from Lily to her date then back again. He spared her a forced smile in return before his date barreled up to him.

"Whoa, Andy." His mouth nearly hit the floor at her get up. Santa's helper? Something told him Mrs. Claus would've had a frying pan ready for Santa's head, if his elves looked like that. "Santa skips my house," he smirked. "Ran out of coal my first year. Ready to dance?" He offered her his arm, ready to get the night started.

Lily blushed as Ashton complemented her and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. She linked her arm through her date's, smiling up at him. Suddenly, Lily heard Sumner greet Andy and she turned to see the Gryffindor dressed as an elf. She couldn't help but smile at the girl, before turning her eyes back to her date. Even she had to admit, Ashton looked really good. Her eyes kept finding their way to his face. "Let's go. I want to show off how well you clean up." With a smirk, she allowed herself to be lead into the room.

Lily looked around at the room and smiled. It was beautiful. The lights and the trees gave a warm glow to the room, and she giggled as a cloud passed over, dropping snowflakes atop their heads. They walked around the room, finding a table for them to sit at. Giving the room a scan to see who Blake was there with, she smirked to see he had yet to arrive. Turning to Ashton, she kept her arm locked in his. "So, what shall we do first?"

Ashton lead Lily into the hall and to an empty table. He had a feeling that his date was going to be nice and allow her dolt of a friend to join them at the table, but since he had promised to be good tonight, he wouldn't gripe too much. He couldn't help but keep his eyes on Lily. She was beautiful, and any guy here could only wish to have such a vision on his arm. "Well, there is one thing I have in mind," he answered her a bit cryptically. Placing his hand under her chin, he tipped her face up and placed his lips to hers.

"I must admit," he started as he pulled back, "I have wanted to do that since you came down but didn't want to make your friend uncomfortable. Care to dance?" A slow song had just started to play as he lead Lily to the dance floor. Placing his hand on her lower back, and taking her smaller hand in his, the pair joined the other couples moving slowly to the music.

Andromeda delighted in his reaction to her style of dress, she was tired of playing by the rules. It never got her any where. She didn't particularly want to be the 'bad girl' either, she knew the only girl she wanted to be was Crispin's and that seemed now as if it would never happen. Curious as to who he was taking if it wasn't Lily, Andromeda hooked her arm through Sumners.

"Think I need a drink" she smiled, glad that there had never been any mixed up feelings between herself and Sumner. They were friends and she liked it that way. In her book he was totally misunderstood and wished others would cut him some slack, she really wished she had taken the time to get to know him while he had been dating Kat but then would she be even talking to him now if she had.

The Great Hall looked magnificent, mistletoe and icicles hung just about everywhere. She reached up not having far to go because of her height and planted one on his cheek.
"Sorry Sumner but that will have to do where this mistletoe business goes" she grinned, knowing that the last lips that had touched hers had been Crispins and wanted it to stay that way. The music was typically all the usual formal numbers that she had hated dancing to the year before, all the better ones would be played soon enough.

"Do you want to give the dance floor a polish or skip it for another while?" her hand itched to reach for her flask, she could almost feel her bravado wearing off. Perhaps a quick trip about the dancefloor then an even longer trip to the tables which held the punch bowl. She would figure out a way to get the whisky from the flask to a goblet somehow.

Sumner was particularly glad he'd agreed to go with Andy as friends to the ball; she was a fun girl, a bit rough around the edges and a perfect distraction from what Lily was doing with her date. He could lie to himself and say he didn't know why it bothered him so much, seeing her with Ashton. He knew. Oh he knew. Ashton was a snake, friends with her ex, whom had hurt her more than anyone ever could. He associated Ashton with Blake and the fight; he didn't like him, didn't want him near his Lily. He turned his head just in time to see him kiss her. Sumner's back stiffened, he nearly stuttered while walking.

Andy's lips brushing across his cheek brought him back to himself. He managed a smile, surprised to find it was genuine, as his thoughts moments before were murderous. "I can live with that. Don't know about the rest of the male population in the room," he snickered. The room was decorated beautifully by the staff...and suffocating with the hormones leaking into the air. He glanced down, noticed his shoe lace was untied. "Give me a sec," he murmured, bending down to tie his shoelace. After a moment, he had risen again, grinning at the color in his date's face. She was in an awfully good mood tonight, he was happy to see her happy for once.

"Let's get a drink," he smiled, leading her over to the punch bowl.

Andromeda could feel herself swaying slightly to the music, her head felt slightly numb and even her mouth felt a little dry. She began smacking her lips together as if in dire need of a drink, even began tapping her hand against the pouch with her flask inside it. The tune was catchy that they were playing and she began humming along to it when Sumner stopped and bent down to tie his shoe lace. Grateful for her lightening quick reflexes at the best of times she sure as hell was now, the flask was out of the pouch and being held non too discreetly to her mouth as she took a sizeable gulp. Putting it back quickly as Sumner stood up, she felt a surge of heat wash over her and felt her body swaying for all the wrong reasons. A giggle escaped her and she covered her mouth quickly but for some reason this made think her subterfuge in slyly drinking was absolutely hilarious.

That and everyone passing were looking really funny. From where she stood she was convinced she could see Fenton waving and waved back like she had not seen him for years.
"Oh my goodness look it's Fenton and Aries and Violet" she grinned still waving when Sumner suggested they get a drink. She smiled brightly, her eyes almost glazed over as a finger came up to her mouth all conspiratorial like.
"Ok, let's drink... buddy" her words were a lot thicker than normal and even the finger that she had held close to her mouth seemed alien to her. Her mouth felt like cotton wool again, so with a bit of pep in her step she skipped her way over to where they could get a drink.

Andromeda who never skipped in her life and it felt damn strange to do it now but it also felt like fun. When she got to the table she simply kept looking up and down it trying to decide on what she should have as the music made her head bop along as well and then she began to sing. Now Andromeda had a great singing voice but she had never sang whilst drunk, as this was the first such occasion. Her voice which sounded as alien as the rest of her appeared to be became a novelty and with as little beat as she had regarding dancing she began to sing and dance out of tune as she waited for Sumner.

Sumner rubbed the back of his head, confused at Andy's behavior. He didn't begrudge her her happiness, yet something seemed so off, so different that it unsettled him for a moment as it reminded him of something. Then he shrugged. It wasn't his business, she was having a good time, that was why he'd asked her, mostly to make up for the rotten time at the feast. Plus she was damn easy on the eyes, he smirked, following her to the table.

He ladled up some punch, passing her a cup first before doing it for himself. "You're in a wonderful mood," he stated, smirking over his cup as he took a drink. "Somebody finally catch your fancy?" He thought maybe he finally had pin pointed why she was so happy. Maybe that Slytherin from the feast, Crispin something, had finally gotten the stones and asked her out. He'd have let her out of their date tonight if he had.

Ashton's kiss caught Lily off guard. She felt her cheeks flush red. Looking up at him through her lashes, she thought to herself. Why not? It's not like anyone else has stepped up to the plate. "I would love to dance," she voiced and was quickly lead out onto the dance floor. Ashton was a gentleman, not groping like many of the boys around them were. She actually moved herself closer to him, her body connecting with his as they swayed around to the music.

Over Ashton's shoulder, she caught a glimpse of Sumner and Andy by the punch bowl. She could have sworn she saw something flash in Andy's hand, but as she watched, she was not able to catch of whatever it was again. Forgetting about it, she turned her eyes back to Ashton's after allowing them to linger on Sumner for just a second. "The hall looks amazing tonight. Thanks for asking me to come with you. I must admit you were right, I would have regretted missing this." She stretched up and placed a small kiss on his cheek. Moving her hand from his, she linked her hands behind his neck. Her eyes on his, she smiled softly as they danced.

"The hall does look amazing, but no where near as amazing as you do," he started as he and Lily began to move to the music. "Thank you for agreeing to come with me. It would have been a little sad if I'd have shown up by myself," Ashton joked before adding, "Of course I was right. When am I ever wrong?" He pulled Lily closer to him, enjoying the closeness with her. Ashton knew that it was probably wrong of him to be so attracted to his friends ex, but the Ravenclaw girl was a true beauty and it was very hard for him not to be drawn to her.

"That's why I was going to stay in. Didn't want to be the sad one at the dance all by herself," Lily joked back. It was odd. She never had looked at Ashton as anything more than a friend, but tonight she was. It might be the lights and the atmosphere but he really was sweet. As long as she wasn't able to be with the one she wanted to be, she needed to be open to those who were interested. Ashton was definiately interested in her and Lily was not about to push him away.

Resting her head on his chest as they danced, she inhaled the scent of his cologne with a smile. It was very manly and a bit woody and suited him well. They hadn't even noticed that the music turned faster, still swaying in their embrace. Lily smiled, then lifted her head to look at him. "Do you want to go get a drink?" she asked softly. Dancing fast was not really tops on her list at the moment since she always seemed to get into trouble when she did.

Ashton hadn't even noticed that the music had changed as he was lost in the moment with Lily. When she looked up at him and asked if he wanted to get a drink he simply smiled at her before leaning down and lightly brushing his lips across hers once more. "Now I think I'm ready to get a drink," he said with a lopsided grin before taking her hand in his and leading her over to the refreshment table.

"So are you having a nice time," he asked her, sincerely hoping that she was having as wonderful a time with him as he was with her.

Lily couldn't help but smile as Ashton kissed her gently again on the lips. It was really nice being with him. If other things didn't work out, well, maybe there was something there that would be able to blossom into something more. "I am having a wonderful time," she replied as they made their way to the table. As they approached, their ears were treated to Andy singing along with the music. Holding back a giggle, Lily couldn't help but stare at the elf. The voice was beautiful. "Sumner, I had no idea that your date had such a wonderful voice," Lily asked as they stopped next to her friend. Her hand remained locked in Ashton's, their arms touching.

Andy smiled brightly as she took the cup that Sumner gave to her, it was no mean feat to turn sideways as if looking out on the floor as she knocked back the awful cold punch then placing her cup strategically on the table poured what appeared to be the last of the firewhiskey into the empty cup. All done as discreetly this time as her messed up condition allowed. She couldn't get over the music this year, thankfully the usual mellow classic dance pieces were all over and done with and the real music had kicked off, changing between slow and fast when the band seemed to feel like it. They were really good and seemed to be able to try their hands at just about any genre.

"I am alvays in a vunderful, wundurfool mood" she smiled again turning to look at him as she took a tentative sip from her cup. Ooooh but the amber liquid was messing with her head something awful but she loved it. She felt like she could do just about anything and the fact that she was starting to see three of some people just made the whole evening better. It was just a shame she couldn't see Crispin, seeing three of him would just make her night. About to answer his other question she started closing one eye tightly and peering out through it to see if she could see only one of him instead of the blurred three, when that eye didn't work she closed it and tried to view him with the other one. Scrunching up her face as she did so.

Thinking she was whispering at this point she leaned slightly closer and with a bit of a hiccup put her hand up to stop anyone else from hearing. Though her voice seemed to carry anyhow.
"No finally abouth ith... there can be only one!" she giggled remembering the line from some muggle movie she had seen years ago now, "I ... I..." she began focusing with both eyes now as she saw Lily and Ashton come towards them, so she broke off and began singing along again.

When Lily spoke Andromeda smiled at her.
"I du requests you know" she spotted Ashton and got a hysterical fit of the giggles then leaning to Sumner attempted another shot at whispering behind her hand but failed once again miserably.
"I kished him before. Let's hope.. he can dance better than he kisses or Lily will be in ... fur a rough night" she gave another giggle before turning back to face them then opened her eyes wide. A look of horror as she looked at Sumner and then at Lily, completely ignoring Ashton.

"You aren't going to try to switch partners again are you?" she stamped her foot like a petulant child, not letting them get a word in edge ways, "Nope, I am not dancing with him"she made no bones about it as she indicated Ashton quite plainly. Taking another large gulp this time from her cup she got all excited as a tune came on.
"I love thish, give me a minute. Dun't think the band will mind" she giggled walking away from them and making her way on slightly unsteady legs up to the platform where the band were playing. With no embarrassment or hesitation she took hold of the microphone and smiled giving the band a thumbs up. The lead singer didn't seem too happy about it but for the moment let the girl have a go.

"This... this goes out to ..." she glanced about and not being able to see him still shrugged her shoulders and muttered his name as the music began to kick off "Crispin".
She sang the classic muggle song
Violently Happy as she bopped about the stage, completely enjoying herself and not taking a blind bit of notice of everyone else.

Sumner fought to keep the scowl off his face. He wanted to slam his fist in that pretty boy's mouth if he kissed Lily one more time. He rubbed the back of his neck, sparing Lily a glance and a half hearted smile. "Yeah, my date's pretty class." No sooner had those words left his mouth than Andy began to giggle and speak, louder and louder and louder. Until Sumner's eyes widened and he could only watch the train wreck that evolved from his date's obvious binge with alcohol. He'd been raised by a drunk, he recognized the signs clearly. Sniffing the punch, he scowled, it wasn't spiked.

Then he couldn't help but see the humor in the situation. Only he would ask out the one girl who'd get tanked and jump on stage to sing wildly. Like a werewolf howling at the moon; her voice was like that of an angel, her movements like those of a devil. The song played out then just as it ended, Sumner decided to save her from herself. Stepping up on to the platform, he wrapped a firm arm around her waist, taking the microphone from her hand. "Give it up for Andy, ladies and gentlemen. He tossed the mic to the band leader, who caught it and lead Andy to the relative safety of the dance floor.

"C'mon, dance." He enfolded her into his arms as a slow song played. "Pace yourself," he murmured near her ear.

She waved her arms about as the last words left her mouth and then feeling a strong arm about her waist giggled uncontrollably again. A loud round of applause made her grin and wave to her fellow students as he led her to the confines of a crowded dancefloor. Sumner was fast becoming as meaningful to her as Aries, Fenton and Harrison. There was the big brother guise, the protective shroud that she seemed to switch on in alot of boys. Those who saw her as strong and fearless, were not fooled for a second and knew no one could be that way all the time. Andromeda's alcoholic stupor was proof of just how fragile she truly was.

Everything that had happened over the past year accumulated to squash her down, make her want only to numb herself completely from it all. From Bruin leaving her to realizing she had never felt as strongly about him as she now did for Crispin, to fighting with her bestfriends, to nearly being killed as well as her cousin and the two boys in the Silver Snake. Each moment of her wretched existence seemed to be coming to a climax, as if it all would play out tonight come what may.
She let her head rest on his shoulder as he held her close.
"Pace yourself" he whispered.
Her head hurt something awful and suddenly everything was too bright, too loud, too painful.
"I'm a bad person" she whispered, her hands about his waist "I'm not even a person. He can't love me because I'm not real"

She heard her own words and shuddered, pushed herself gently from him to look up at Sumner with a smile, pained as it was it was still a smile. There was no way she would upset his night, she was supposed to be having fun wasn't she?
"We're only young once Sumner. Let's live a little. Party like it's the end of the world" it felt like the end of her world. She could be here with Crispin, dancing in his arms but she had said no. It was always her fault. Looking at Sumner now she grinned las she then ooked about her and pushing her long hair back from her shoulders still swaying along to the music turned back to him.
"This party is getting awfully dull" she grinned, "what can we do to liven it up?"

Sumner's mouth tightened, his hands couldn't help holding her gently. His friend was falling apart and now he knew what was bothering her. What had lead her to pinch the hooch and get into the stage she was in now. Looking down into her eyes, he knew she wouldn't appreciate his empathy. End the night here and take her back to her house. What she needed, he decided in all his wisdom -which was scary for a sixteen year old boy- was a distraction. Something fun to take her mind off her misery. It was what Lily did for him when he was going through a rough time, he mused.

"I dunno," he smirked, eyes cutting toward Lily and her date then back to Andy. "I don't think you really have it in you tonight to anything more daring than sing in front of the whole school body." He waited, wondering if she'd take the bait.

Lily about fell over as Andy said something about having kissed Ashton in the past. Thankfully she had hold of her date's arm or she would have. Before she was able to say anything back, the younger girl took off for the stage and began to perform a song she had never heard before. "Merlin, what is with her tonight?" she asked once Sumner had left to go retrieve her from the stage. "Ashton, I'm sorry. If I knew she was going to be rude like that I would not have attempted to hang out with them. Forgive me?" She looked up at her date, a fake pout on her lips and a sparkle in her eyes. Lily lifted her free hand to his face, stroking his cheek.

Ashton was not happy that his date kept gravitating to the dolt of a Ravenclaw boy. He started to wonder if there was something going on that he didn't know about. He shook off that feeling. Lily was here with him and not Sumptner or whatever his name was. That was what was important tonight. His jaw fell open as Andromeda failed at whispering about their kissing. Oh hell no. Lily will have nothing to worry about in the kissing department tonight. When you actually want to kiss someone... His thoughts trailed as Andy took to the stage and began to sing. Even he had to admit that her voice was beautiful.

When she was done and Lily spoke again, he looked down in to her blue eyes and smiled. "Nothing to forgive. She might hold a grudge against me. I was on the pitch and she came on to me, we snogged for a bit, then I left her sitting there. She didn't peak my interest at all. Not like you." Leaning down, he brushed his lips to hers. Bringing his free hand up to cup the back of her neck, Ashton decided to go for it. He kissed Lily again, this time with more intensity, hoping she would respond.

Lily smiled as Ashton explained what had happened between him and Andy. Her attitude made sense now and the Ravenclaw was not about to push either of them together at all tonight. Suddenly, Ashton brushed his lips to hers and Lily couldn't help but smile. It was different with Ashton, but she couldn't quite put her finger on why. As they kissed again, Lily allowed it to grow. She matched his intensity, moving her hand from his face to the back of his neck, pulling him closer to her.

Pulling back just a bit, she whispered, "I don't think I have anything to worry about tonight." Giving him one more kiss on the lips, she stepped back. "Let's go dance," Lily spoke, waggling her eyebrows at him just a bit, before leading him back out onto the dance floor. Wrapping her arms around his neck, they began to sway to the slow music again.

Ashton was pleased. Lily was amazing. As they danced again, he stared down at her. Things could have fallen apart with what Andy had disclosed, but hadn't. The Slytherin was pleased. Turning in a slow circle, he glanced around the room to look for his roommate. He hadn't told Blake that he was escorting his ex to the ball, and wasn't sure how he would handle that information. He was pretty sure that Blake had a date for tonight anyways. Looking back to the beauty in his arms, Ashton bent his head down to brush his lips against Lily's again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back