Memory Lane đź’­

Speaking of student carries dying, I remember when Teigan found out that I was actually serious about having one of my students (and one of the children of her character) eaten by a hag. xD

I remember reading this during one of my brief lurking stints a few years ago. So brutal! Loved it.

If it helps, I can offer you, the spreadsheet
gimme gimme gimmie! :p

So my first character Georgiana Night was one I brought over from another Harry Potter site, so she had already had a full life there but I knew her and her background so it was easier for me as HNZ was actually a lot more strict of a site than I was used to, which might be the opposite for others I think xD

Now I've been trying to comb through the old posts in search of a memory I have but I can't find the thread which is upsetting. But I've also been looking so long I don't even remember what it was xD

So, back on the where did character inspiration come from...I have really varied moments of inspiration - like Orwell a character of mine came entirely when I was drunk.

Graeme and the wider Fergusson clan was an idea I had when I went to skye - skye doesn't have that many trees because the people of the island back when cut them all down to stop invaders from being able to hide, but it's too windy for trees to grow easily on skye. So Skye has a real varied landscape of sometimes miles of emptiness, which is stopped by the occasional house (and sheep), so the idea for Graeme was always that he was separate from his family that were much grander than he ever could be and a general emptiness (which is reflected in later fergussons). I always knew where I wanted to go with him. Skye is really nice to visit but I was there two days, and i just had this whole idea in my head around the sort of character I want.

Skye is beautiful part of Scotland and I agree with your comparison from my own memories of being there three years ago. So cool that you got inspired by a landscape for a character! I can't say any sort of similar thing has happened for me with any of my characters that I can remember.

The most similar would be the Yeong family. I had thoughts to make a Korean family after years of being obsessed with K-drama shows and their culture. I save images of baby name ideas on pinterest in a secret board and one was Cullen written in white with large crashing wave image in the background. That color scheme started all the family which honestly are some of my least developed characters I have, which I intend to hopefully remedy and fix. But each person in their family has a color relating to them along with white. White symbolizing their parents goals in having the kids be perfect and successful. So semi-landscape inspired, waves for Cullen. I think a lot of my characters I get inspired by color schemes and the character kind of blossoms from what the colors mean in relation to the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back