Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Estrella stretched her arms and sighed as Luke pulled into the driveway. She would have much preferred to get to her cousin Julie's by magical means but of course, she and Lily were in the muggle world now. In her time away from the States it was easy to forget Minnesota, let alone Wisconsin. She found herself drinking in the seemingly endless woodlands of the neighbor state. She hadn't been able to sleep on the ride, although being stuck in the car for five hours had left her eyelids drooping. Opening the car door and breathing in fresh air, she exclaimed, "We're here!" Even though she was stating the obvious she could really care less. The last time she had seen her cousin she had been pregnant, and had a young child now. Grabbing her backpack of space she yawned, quite glad to be out of Luke's stuffy car.

Snorting at Estrella's declaration, Luke stepped out of the car and slammed his door. The heat wave was seeming to die down. While he didn't mind heat the humidity always got to him, so he was glad that the Wisconsin weather was treating him well. Looking to Julie's duplex, he wondered if his cousin and Eliza were home. He was probably going to hang around for a few days, as he had nothing better to do. "Need help with anything, Lily?" he asked. He had already noted that Estrella had grabbed everything she needed out of the car.

Lily had been sacked out in the backseat of the car for most of the trip. She was glad that Luke had a relatively decent sized car, not a little compact thing like a lot of the guys in California drove around in when she spent the summer at Blake's dad's house. Blake. She wondered how he was doing with things. She had sent him an owl when they got to Norway, and he had not really had anything to share at that time. She tried to call Josh's cell phone but got no answer from him. She left a message, but had no way of him calling her back. She hoped that she would be able to get them to come up to Minnesota and go the Mall of America with them. They planned on going when they got back from Wisconsin. It felt a bit wierd to be so close to home and not be going home. She was not sure a surprise appearance would be received with such a warm welcome as they had gotten with Estrella's family.

As they came to a stop in the driveway, Lily quickly exited the car. She needed to stretch and move a bit. As she was stretching her arms up over her head, she felt the bottom of her tank top lift just a bit, the sun feeling good on her stomach. Hopefully she would get a chance to bask in the sun while they were here. She dropped her arms quickly when Luke approached. "Nah, I think I have it all. Thanks though." She was always so surprised when he would do things like that for her. She was not used to boys acting like that, other than Blake that is.

Lily looked up at the duplex, and hoped that Estrella's aunt was just as fun to be around as the rest of them.

Julie was busy finishing up cleaning the house for the company that she was expecting to pull in at any time. Her cousin's kids from Minnesota were on their way. Well, at least his son was from Minnesota. His niece, that he raised like a daugther, was from there, but was off at a boarding school of some kind that her father's family paid for. Her mother was Julie's cousin, Lorilei. Lorilei. Julie missed her cousin. She felt so bad when she had been killed in a car accident of some kind in England, but was glad that her daughter had survived. When she would visit, she used to call her Twinkle (because Estrella in Spanish is star) since she was forced to sing that song with her over and over and over and over as a 2 year old. With a name like Estrella, it made sense to Julie.

She stopped and stared at the wall between the duplexes for a moment and smiled. She hoped to introduce the kids to Ethan, her boyfriend. At her age it seemed silly to think of him as her boyfriend, but they were dating, much to their kids happiness. Eliza loved Ethan and she loved little Erik. He was adorable and such a little love. She was not even deterred by the fact that Ethan had confessed that he was a wizard. She thought it was a joke at first, but then when he showed her his wand and made a few things happen, well, she had to believe him. When he apparated her to the top of the Empire State Building one night, he had her totally convinced. She had been to New York once before, and they were looking in her photo album while he was still trying to convince her. It was funny. It seemed that Ethan had no interest in telling her about his secret, but then when he did and she did not believe him, he was more determined than ever to convince her.

Shortly, she heard a car pull up and doors shut out in her driveway. Eliza was up taking her nap, the little nap that she could convince the girl to take. She had wanted to go over to Erik's and ride his broomstick instead. Julie walked to the front window and looked out at the car in her driveway. She smiled as she recognized Luke and Estrella, and the girl that must be Estrella's friend from school. She moved to the front door and walked outside.

"How was the trip?" she asked in general as she moved to greet her family. "Luke I swear you have grown again since basic graduation. And Twinkle! Get over here! It has been years!" She moved to embrace her cousin's daughter in a bear hug. "Wow you have grown up while you have been gone to school." She then looked over at the other girl. "And this must be your friend. I'm sorry. I am drawing a blank on your name." Julie blushed just a bit, realizing that she was being a bad host by not remembering her guest's name.

Estrella jabbed her tongue out at Luke, yawning as she picked up her backpack. She was forced to drop it as her aunt Julie came running towards her. "I almost forgot that old name!" she exclaimed, hugging Julie back tightly. "I know! It has been way too long!" She gave Julie a warm smile as she pulled away. "Don't you have a kiddo somewhere?" She knew that Luke had told her the name of Julie's daughter but she couldn't remember for the life of her. Grinning sheepishly, she said, "And yeah- it's been a long time since I was eleven!"

Luke grinned at Lily, and reaffirming that she didn't need help carrying anything he moved around to the trunk, grabbing his own things. Hoisting his suitcase up with little effort, he held on to it as Julie came out of her duplex. "Hey, Julie," he replied with a grin. He had seen her a few times over this year and thus could wait around to talk to her. His cousin, however, hadn't seen her for about five years. Flexing his arms, he added, "Well, I dunno about that- but I'm definitely not a scrawny chicken anymore!"

Lily placed her messanger bag on her shoulder, and walked forward to take in the scene. She secretly wished this was her house, which was not too far from here, and that this was her family. She knew that would never happen. Her mother might be happy to see her, but her father would be furious. The last time she saw him, he was throwing her out of the house with all of her things. Her mother was taking her to the airport for her to head to New Zealand and reaffirmed that she should not return. Her father came from a line of the Potter family that was non-magical until she was born. Her great-grandfather was a squib, and was not able to come to terms with that fact. He built his family on that bitterness that he held, so when Lily was accepted to Hogwarts, she was cast out without another thought. Simply, she was the family freak.

She tucked the name "Twinkle" into her brain, smirking at the thought. She would be using that on the quidditch pitch if she needed to. When Julie adressed her, she walked forward and spoke. "Lily Potter. Thanks for letting me tag along."

Julie extended a smile to Lily. "Well, I am glad you came. Welcome." Turning back to the others, she invited them inside. "Well, Eliza is napping right now, but come on in. She was so hard to get to sleep when she knew you were coming sometime today." She grabbed Estrella's hand, and tugged her on the way to the door.

Estrella's expression brightened as Julie grabbed her wrist, dragging her inside. She was excited to meet the cousin she had never seen. From the way Julie was talking, the little girl must be a handful. "How old is she now? Five?" The sixteen year old was glad that she had been able to come out here, well glad that she had been able to come to the States in any case. With a grin she followed the woman into the house.

"Hey Twinkle, you forgot your backpack!" Luke chided as Julie dragged his cousin inside her house. With a grin to Lily he grasped the straps of the ridiculously heavy backpack and made his way inside, holding the door open for her. Over these last few years he had learned something about courtesy, which he was glad for.

Lily giggled as Luke called Estrella by the new nickname. She followed the group in, looking around at the different windows in the house. She wondered about who was living next door, and if they would meet.

After settling the trio into the guest rooms upstairs, Julie headed them outside. The temperature was just right for a evening cook out. She got the burgers and brats ready to go in the kitchen as the girls were playing outside with Eliza. Luke was starting the grill for her, sad a bit that she was not able to have Ethan over to light the grill for her. She was not quite sure how to explain him using a magic wand to light the charcoal on fire.

Walking outside, she set the platter of meat on the table next to the grill and smiled. She was happy that the girls were all getting along well. "How's the fire coming? Ready for all of this?" she said to Luke, looking at the fire that was roaring already in the grill.

Luke had seen his father do this millions of times, although when he got to it he couldn't remember for the life of him how to light a grill. He wasn't about to admit this to his aunt Julie however. While she disappeared into the kitchen he scratched at his head, tossing a few chunks of coal into the bottom of the grill. Pouring some lighter fluid over the coals, he struck a match that Julie had left out, dropping it onto the coals. He was not expecting the giant poof that resulted, singeing the hair off of his knuckles. Flushing red in embarrassment, he was glad when the fire seemed to die down. Soon enough he had a nice flame going, the coals turning a nice gray color.

Turning to his aunt, he stated, a little shakily, "It's coming. Should be ready anytime now." His mom usually did all the grilling, and he had never cared to learn how to cook. He grinned, adding, "The real question is, are you ready for this?"

Erik had peeked out the window while his father was taking a nap, seeing Eliza playing outside with some girls. He had decided long before that he wanted to get in on the fun. The three and a half year old boy was absolutely elated when he found he could open the door of his bedroom. Unexplainably he was able to get at things that were out of his reach or that were locked when he really wanted it. The little boy didn't know how to explain it but then again, at his age he wasn't really up to explaining anything. He just knew that he liked to play.

Managing to sneak out of his room before his nap was over, he found himself opening the back door. "ELIZA!" he exclaimed with glee, running up to her in his bare feet. He tackled her in a hug, having no idea who the other girls were.

Julie laughed at Luke. "Why yes, yes I am. I grill out all the time to be honest. Lots of the time we grill with the neighbors, Erik and Ethan. Ethan is pretty good at lighting the grill, but we figured that he would meet you all tomorrow. Give us some time to catch up for a bit before you all have to meet new people."

Just as she said that, out came Erik running full tilt to the swingset by the girls. "Well, I guess Erik has other ideas than his Dad and I do," she said with a giggle, watching as the little boy tackled her daughter -- a normal way of greeting for the pair.

Eliza was excited to have the girls to play with, and Luke was back so that was always a good thing. Soon she had the girls outside and pushing her on the swingset, giggling and swinging to her hearts content. She decided that she was going to jump from the swing as it was slowing down, since she now wanted to slide. Yelling out, she leaped from the swing seat. "Estrella WATCH!"

Landing on her feet, she took off running for the slide, only to be tackled by her friend, Erik. "Erik! Get off me!" she yelled out giggling. "Where's your broom? I want to fly!"

Erik giggled as he pulled away from Eliza, jumping into the swing next to her and kicking off. He didn't get very far however. Feeling that it would be in his best interest to get to know who these girls were so that they could push him on the swing, he asked pointedly, "Who're you?" His blue eyes were wide as he looked between the two of them. He didn't mind them playing but weren't they too old?

Sniggering, he whispered loudly, "Daddy hided the broom. But I founded it."

Estrella had never really been good with little kids, but she wasn't so cold hearted as to not play with Eliza. And on top of that, Lily seemed to like kids so she wasn't completely alone. She glanced over at Luke every once or twice, sniggering at the difficulty he had with lighting the grill. Part of her wished she could jump on the swing. The probability of the beam that held the swing breaking was too high for her to chance it. The sixteen year old beamed at her little cousin as she pushed her on the swing, wishing that she could have some of that lively personality back. "Wow, Eliza, you're really great at that!" she called after her as she leaped off of the swing and headed for the slide.

At first, she thought nothing of the little boy who tackled her young cousin, figuring he was just a neighbor friend of some sort. Her eyes narrowed as she recognized his facial features- he looked all too familiar. Hoping to Merlin that her mind was just playing tricks on her, she felt a knot in her throat as Eliza referred to him by the name 'Erik.' A million hastily reassuring thoughts raced through her head. No, he can't be. It's just bad coincidence! All color drained from her face as she stared at him, absolutely creeped out by how eerily familiar the facial features were. She could not bring herself to look at anyone else, did not smile. This doesn't make any sense. Not here!

Eliza jumped back on the swing since Erik did the same. "That's Estrella and Lily. They are friends of Mommy." She started to swing, then looked at Lily, "Push me!" she demanded with a smile on her face. She whispered to Erik, "You shoulda brought it with you. I wanna go flying again." She started to pump, having recently mastered that skill on her swingset, going higher and higher.

"Oh," Erik replied, too immersed in his swinging to really acknowledge them. Deciding that he would mimic his friend, as he often did this to learn more about things, he turned to the other girl, what was her name? Stray? "Push me!" he copied, grinning and kicking his feet. He had not yet gotten down the pumping motion that Eliza was using to keep herself aloft, but he would get there one day.

"I knowed!" He piped back in a hushed tone, oblivious to the fact that his whisper wasn't really a whisper. "I wanna fly too! We can get it later. We can't tell Daddy though."

Lily was having fun playing with little Eliza. She was a blast to run around with. It made her miss her own cousins, but she put that thought out of her mind. When the little neighbor boy came running out to them, she smiled. The two were so cute together and looked to really enjoy each other. She started to push Eliza on the swing when she noticed that Estrella was looking rather shocked.

Moving closer to her friend, she whispered, "What's wrong?"

Estrella could only comply, pushing the kid's bottom so that he would go farther into the air. In any case, he didn't seem to recognize her. If this wasn't all a big misunderstanding that was. Turning to her friend, her expression strained, she stated quietly, "I think I don't feel so well." Whatever redness had been in her cheeks was missing. Looking to the little boy, she shook her head. "I'm probably just making a big mistake-" she said as she pushed the little boy, who was shrieking in delight. She didn't catch the rest of the conversation between the two, but she figured it was just child's play. She tried to give her friend a weak smile, although it was a rather feeble attempt at one. Her insides churning inside of her, she tried to regain some semblance of calm, although she was hard pressed to in these circumstances. She knew what she had said to Lily was incredibly cryptic but she would explain later if she asked.

Tristan started awake, realizing that he had nodded off as he had slept on the couch. Groaning, he stretched, sitting up. He was just getting used to the job description of being a parent, which was much more work than he had initially thought it would be. It was a rewarding job, nonetheless, even though it tired him out immensely. Remembering that Julie had some visitors over he decided he would call before heading over there. While he had been with her for a while and she had found out that he was of magical blood and had come to accept it, there were a lot of things he still hadn't told her. His real name, his previous occupation, what had really happened to his eye- all things that he was keeping secret and weighing down on him day by day. She also knew of only one of his children, and she didn't know that he had had another child with her first cousin. Hoping to forever stay under the guise of Ethan Mallard, he felt incredibly guilty for lying to her. His relationship with Morgase had taught him some things he would never give back.

While he was nearing 43 years old he felt that he was falling in love all over again, like an amorous teenager. He was starting to be able to leave Morgase behind and love again. He may have been in many affairs, but he could tell this one was genuine. He knew that things were so wrong- Julie being the second cousin of his daughter, for Merlin's sake- but it was too good of a thing to just cast to the winds. No, he felt something for Julie, and no matter what happened he couldn't deny that.

With a sigh he rubbed at his eyes, blinking as he attempted to get accustomed to the light. At first, it had been difficult to function seeing out of one eye but by now he was pretty used to it. He glanced over to the back door, raising an eyebrow as he noticed that it was open just a bit. Putting two and two together he rose quickly, rushing out the door and into the backyard. He could bet one hundred to one that Erik was over at Julie's playing with her daughter, Eliza, but his worry remained the same. He had almost forgotten how protective he was when he came to his kids- with Estrella he had been less so, although Erik gave him more to worry about. His son was, needless to say, adventurous and prone to accidents. He couldn't bear the thought of anything horrible happening to his son.

Stretching his large arms, well, as much as he could anyways, he swaggered onto the grass, taking note of all those that were outside. He found Erik soon enough, swinging with Eliza. "Erik, come here," he intoned firmly, approaching his son with a look of disappointment striking his features. At six foot ten he towered above the group, his good eye scanning the lot of them. He didn't want to frighten away Julie's visitors although sometime he just couldn't help it, with his large girth and funky eye.

A large knot caught in his throat as he recognized one of the girls behind the swings. He did not recognize the other- but how could he not recognize his own daughter? Hoping feverishly that she would not put two and two together, although who was he kidding? She wasn't dumb- he stood there, trying not to make eye contact. What was she doing here? She was supposed to be tucked away at the Herrogard. He hated his father and he wished almost every day that he had been able to see his kid grow up- but this, this wasn't supposed to happen. Looking to Julie, he hoped that she wouldn't recognize the nervous tension that racked every bone in his body.

Julie was just putting the burgers on the grill when she saw Ethan lumbering across the lawn towards the children on the swing set. The look on his face told her that Erik was in a bit of trouble -- and she figured that the little tyke had snuck out on his dad yet again. One time he had snuck out with his toy broomstick and was flying around the back yard. That was the day that Julie and Eliza were introduced to magic, and the fact that Ethan was actually a wizard. She decided to help calm him down a bit so he would realize it was okay for them to be outside with her company after all.

Setting down the spatula on the table next to the grill, Julie crossed to the man in her life. She was tall for a woman, but still had to stretch to reach up and put her arms around his neck. "Hey sweetheart! Why don't you stay out for dinner with us? We have plenty to eat and you can meet my cousins kids." She smiled up at him her most irresistible smile, hoping that he would come join her dinner party. As he looked at her with his good eye, she could tell something was not right. "What's wrong? You look upset."

Estrella had just gotten done calming herself down, reassuring herself that the neighbor boy was just a result of bad coincidence. She remained silent as she pushed the little boy higher. He still hadn't gotten the pumping motion down to keep himself in the air, but she figured he would eventually. Her moment of peace was completely torn apart and ruined as she viewed the next arrival. A vein throbbing in her temple, she discontinued pushing Erik on the swing, slowly, hesitantly moving around the swingset. The sixteen year old did not know if she had ever been so angry in her life. Able to feel all the blood rushing to her face, something that was characteristic of her father's side of the family, her hands balled up into fists as she glared in his direction. She didn't have much control over herself as she spun around, grabbing a little pink kid's chair and hurled it in his direction. She didn't take into account that Julie was in the field of fire, as she had eyes for only one person. The girl was so angry she couldn't speak, standing there and trembling in infinite rage. At this moment she didn't particularly care what anyone else thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back