Meeting the Neighbors

Tristan was not entirely sure what he was supposed to do. He knew that now was not the appropriate time to try and console her, not physically anyways. No, he might leave that later, when she was a bit more calmed down. "There's things I've done," he started, "That I needed to get away from. I never expected to get in a relationship with my next door neighbor- not to mention my daughter's cousin- and by then, I'd already created a life as Ethan. I didn't want to plague you with my real name. Not when it could put you in jeopardy and cause your family pain."

"I love you, and I'm not going to stop having those feelings whether you feel the same way." Swallowing hard, he added, "If you want me to leave, I will leave."

Julie looked up at him as he professed his feelings to her. She knew that she still loved him, but was not ready to decide on giving him another chance just yet. She lifted her head up, and then turned to face him. She tried to not to start crying again as she took in the sadness on the face of the man she loved. They both were being hurt by the lies he told.

"I don't know what I want from you yet. I need some time to adjust to who you really are. And that I don't even know all of yet. Don't leave, well, don't leave here yet. I want you to stay so we can talk, but not right now. I need time to adjust to this whole thing." She turned away from him, then walked inside and shut the glass door.

Tristan watched as Julie went inside, figuring that it was not necessary to say any more. Her words a faint echo in his mind, he stood outside for a while before turning to his own back door. He would have to find some way to make it up to her. He would just have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back