Closed Meeting Like This

Abby had her hands wrapped around her coffee, listening quietly as Graeme spoke. The first one was the answer she expected, but she was surprised by the second one he gave. She hesitated a moment as he finished talking, and reached to place her hand on his. "Well then, you and Zerrin have something in common already." She teased him playfully, and took a sip of her coffee. She sighed, and rubbed her thumb gently over his. "If you're going to be this charming when you're sober, Graeme, then I'm in trouble," she sighed softly, blushing and looking away.

Graeme smiled at her, pleased that she wasn't too put off by his admission, why he'd dropped out. He gave her a little smile and nodded and then looked back at his brother. "I can be very charming when sober," he joked. He noticed his brother stirring, he leaned over and gentle woke him up, made him drink the cooling coffee. He could tell that Rory was still out of it, but he was waking up slightly. "Here, we'll out of your hair now, I'll be seeing you Abby," he got an arm under his brother and after giving her far more money than what he'd gotten had cost, began heading out of the cafe.

Abby smiled fondly as she watched Graeme interacting with his brother. It made her heart flutter in her chest, he really seemed like such a good man. Her smile faded a little as he said he was leaving, but she hid it well. "Alright, it was nice to see you, all things considering," She watched him leave, not really paying attention to the money on the table. Once he was out the door she went back and woke up Zerrin. As her son started to wake up and get his things, she moved to clear the table, her mouth falling open at the money the man had left. Oh, he was absolutely getting that back in full. She slid it into her pocket and went about wrapping up for the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back