OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Graeme needed to sober his brother up before he delivered him back to his girlfriend. They had as always gone pretty hard, but he didn't know if perhaps his brother had been sneaking shots behind his back but he was certainly far more drunk than Graeme was. He knew of place close by to where they'd been drinking that was open and had been making his way there. He knew turning up with his drunk brother wasn't exactly how he intended but he knew that it would fine. At the very least if this put her off his family then better he know now rather than too much later. And really this was assuming she was even working, there was a chance that she wasn't and then it wouldn't matter at all. His brother was leaning heavily on him as he walked down the street. He opened the door with some difficulty and muttered to his brother that he'd get some coffee in him soon. Notably unlike the last time he was here wtih Fraser, the place was near dead.

It was a slower night tonight. Zerrin was asleep in one of the back booths, tucked in under some blankets. She only had an hour left to her shift, thankfully, and she could take him home and tuck him into bed. She walked to the door as she heard it open, a greeting on her lips that quickly died as she saw the men in the door. She chuckled and shook her head. "Well, someone had a bit too much fun." She teased them. "Come along then, I'll get some coffee," She motioned vaguely at the empty seats, indicating to sit wherever they pleased while she disappeared in the back to get the coffee carafe.

Graeme was actually quite relieved when he actually saw Abby over any of the other people that worked in this place, in part it was easier to talk to her and too because he thought it would be easier to explain. He nodded in agreement with a little smile. "Yeah, and a bucket," he called as she went to get the coffee. He was sure that Rory would be sick at some point and he'd rather give Abby a little less to do even if magic would make things easier to deal with. He despoited his brother in one of the booths and sat down next to him. He spotted in one of the other booths other blankets and knew that had to be Abby's son. He cast non-verbally some sound dampening charms to keep any noise they made from accidentally waking Zerrin.

Abby returned fairly quickly, a bucket in hand along with two cups and a carafe of coffee. "Alright, boys," She set the cups down, passing Graeme the bucket before pouring them some coffee. "Need anything to eat?" She asked, eyeing Graeme's company and worrying he might actually start throwing up. That would be... interesting. She could only hope he didn't make a big mess.

Graeme thanked Abby as he took the bucket and positioned it under Rory's nose. He then got the coffee and pass it over to him too. "Probably some water too, but no food just yet," he replied. He looked at Abby and gave a little smile. "I'll keep things clean," he assured her. He moved and brought Rory into a sat position. He wasn't sat long in that position before the man was promptly sick into the bucket. It wasn't that nice, but Graeme was a single dad on a quidditch team and this wasn't his first time drinking. He rubbed his brother's back and urged him to get it all out. He made sure to quickly block out the noise from other people and cast a quick charm to make the air smell nice. Once it was clear that his brother had stopped vomiting, Graeme grabbed a tissue and wiped his brother's face clean before making all of it vanish. He let his brother lay back down and placed the bucket down too in case there was another round of it, but he could let his brother rest a little. Graeme took his own coffee then and began drinking it.

Abby nodded, returning Graeme's smile and leaving the men alone a moment while she went off to tidy up some things, returning soon enough with a pitcher of cold water and some glasses. She set them on the table, tucking her tray beneath her arm. "Are you boys doing alright?" She asked, one hand hovering just a touch- she wanted to place it on Graeme's back, between his shoulder blades, as a show of support, but she doubted the pretty sports star would give a damn about the support of a small time server.

Graeme glanced at Abby when she returned and gave a thankful smile. "Yeah, he needs to rest a moment and then I'll get coffee in him and out of your hair," Graeme assured her with a tired, sobering up smile. "Thanks, I know it must suck to deal with drunks like us at this time of night," he told her, "I've put up some sound barriers so we don't wake up Zerrin," Graeme told her, knowing if she was here then he was too. "Wanna sit with me for a bit?" he offered, he knew she probably had other things she wanted to do, or just wanted to be alone at this time but he would be remiss if he didn't just ask if she wanted to.

Abby listened quietly to Graeme, trying to give him her best smile. She moved to sit across from him. "I suppose I could grace you with my presence," She teased him. "My favorite company is currently sleeping, but I suppose I can make do with two drunks," She smirked, summoning over another cup and pouring herself some coffee. "So, celebrating or just having fun?"

Graeme smiled as she sat across from him. He gave a knowning smile as she talked of her son. He thought it sweet and endearing how much she cared for him. "Mostly just having fun," he glanced at his brother with a little sigh and took a sip of his coffee. "He's my brother, Rory," Graeme told Abby with a little almost nervous smile. "Every so often we go out, and get plastered, and then we sleep it off," he told her, he hesitated, glancing at Rory with a fondness and then back at Abby. Perhaps it was the drink in him but he spoke without thinking too hard about it, "Last time we spoke, I didn't really go into my family, Fraser likes them, enjoys the company of his aunts and uncles, of his grandparents but....my family is difficult and I don't like talking about it in front of him because he should be allowed to form his own opinion on it," Graeme said, "If you're still interested, I can tell you about them....,"

Abby settled in, sipping on her coffee. She smiled as Graeme said he was with his brother. She raised her brow as he spoke again, offering to tell her about his family. "You can if you'd like," She answered slowly. "But only if it's something you'd tell me if you were sober," she scolded him lightly, almost in a motherly way. She couldn't help it, really. She was so used to only being Zerrin's mother, or being in customer service. She'd never tell her son that, of course, but sometimes she felt like she wasn't sure who she was without him anymore.

Graeme smiled and nodded. "I would, my words might just be a little more free," he replied with a little smile. He took a little sip of his coffee and glanced again at his brother. "We're an odd family, really, he and I share a dad, but different mum. My dad's from an old pureblood family, he ditched my mum to be able to have a pureblood child. which ended up being Rory, and two other children," Graeme told her. "Our dad wasn't a good parent at all, and he just tossed Rory out the moment he said no to any of it, I reached out and we've close ever since, because someone had to look after him..., he's just a kid," It didn't matter that Rory wasn't that much younger than him. He just knew he needed to help him, protect him.

Abigail listened to Graeme as he spoke, her heart hurting for the drunk boy beside him. She knew very well how it felt to be tossed aside. She considered Graeme, looking him over as she sipped her coffee. "Well... that was very kind of you," She spoke softly. She was very tempted to ask the man on a date, but asking while he was drunk seemed like a bad idea. Asking him at all seemed like a bad idea. "You are just full of surprises," She murmured, turning her eyes away and cradling her cup between her hands. It was silly of her to be thinking of the man at all. He was well to do, a fancy quidditch star. She was just... Zerrin's mother. Working too much to try and give him a nice life. Her whole world revolved around Zerrin. He had been the only other person of real significance in her life for a long time. She looked over at her sleeping son, sipping on her coffee as she thought. She would need to get him home soon.

Graeme smiled softly, he had more to say on it, more frustration, more worries, but he could imagine that Abby really wanted to hear about any of that. Or at least not now. He watched her as she craddled the cup of coffee in her hands, thinking about how she was a beautiful woman, so easy to talk to and naturally that meant that he thought about Maya.."I was married....," he blurted out before giving a half shrug. "She just walked out on me...no reason, no note, just came home to an empty house," he told her. "Three years passed without a word and then a social worker turned up with Fraser....something had happened to my ex-wife...," Graeme said, all of the words tumbling out at once. He didn't want to not be upfront about this aspect of him. "I like you Abby...but I haven't dated anyone since...,"

Abby was surprised by the mans words. She blinked, and without a thought she reached out to place her hand on his. She let him finish, staying quiet a moment. "Well, you already know my story," She offered slowly. "Zerrin's father turned the world against me. Since my parents deaths, it's only been the two of us." She sighed softly, gently pulling her hand back. "Outside of my son... well, this is my life. I work. I clean, I serve. It's been a very long time since I've spent time with anyone on a personal level." She folded her hands in front of her, staring down at them and letting her hair fall to cover her eyes. "You would probably be better off finding someone more worthy of your time." She told him gently.

Graeme knew it was a lot to say, it was a lot for quite early on, it was a lot for this time of night, but he did like Abby, and they were in his mind already making plans for the future. he just hadn't dated since Maya and he hadn't been sure he wanted to date. Spending time with Abby was nice, but he knew that he was likely yo have hang ups and be a bit odd in places. The man just nodded, at the very least though Abby hadn't been married she'd probably felt the same way married couples did. He gave a little frown at her last sentence. "I decide whose worthy of my time," he said with a little shrug, "I'd ask you out Abby, but I don't want to do that when you're working, where it's you know more difficult to say no...," he just wanted to be sure that when he did ask her out it wasn't with the pressure of being polite to the customer. Even if they had already made other plans.

Abby was surprised as Graeme announced he was going to ask her out, blinking at the statement. "Can I add not drunk to that conditions list?" She asked with a wry grin. "You're cute, Graeme, but you aren't going to win me over that easily," she teased him, reaching over to pat his hand. "Zerrin was actually wanting to see Fraser again. I'm off Friday night and all of Saturday. Why don;t you and Fraser come over for dinner Friday and we can see how things go in a regular, non-work setting where you're sober," she winked playfully.

Graeme smiled at her and nodded, he could add that to the list. He nodded, "Okay Friday, it's a date," he said though of course it would be a different sort of date if they were both bringing kids, but he knew that she probably wouldn't have the ability to go on a date just the two of them to begin with. "It'll be fun!" he glanced at his brother who was stirring a bit. "Fraser hasn't stopped talking about Zerrin's wee music thingy," he told her.

Abby nodded. Her place was fairly clean so she didn't need to worry about it. "Graeme," she reached over for his hand. "If you wanted, I could get him one? It was fairly easy to get a hold of," She mused, trying to shift her finances in her head. Fraser was a sweet boy, she was happy to get him a gift.

Graeme gave a smile and shook his head, "That's sweet Abby, but I wouldn't bother, it won't work in most of the circles Fraser and I live in, so, he definitely won't get much enjoyment out of it," he knew it was probably a bit of a pricey gift and he didn't want Abby having to do that for something Fraser would only use a couple of times. "As long as Zerrin doesn't mind sharing his on the occasions we come round, I think we'll be good," he told her, with a little smile.

Abby blinked. Oh, that's right. He must live in a more magical area than she did. "Well I suppose they can share when he comes over," she mused. If they were going to be serious they'd have to discuss that at some point, but Abby was far from ready to be that serious. She sipped her coffee, peeking at the mans brother. He seemed a little better than before. Maybe he'd gotten the worst of it out of his system. "So... your ex. Can I ask about her?" Abby turned her eyes back to Graeme. She was curious the kind of woman he had married. A horrible one, if she could leave her son like that. But she tried to reserve judgement a little.

Graeme nodded, he knew that the home in Scotland had a lot of magic in it, since he'd made it bigger with magic and had just more in it that was. It didn't help that the house had been pretty far from most others and though they could get electricity to it, he knew it wouldn't be the most reliable at times, so he didn't bother with it. Graeme could tell that Rory was doing better and he'd wake him up soon enough. "Yeah, I mean, I don't what happened to her, the social worker said something happened, but didn't say anything else, Fraser was too young to remember, so I can't answer anything about that, but, I can answer anything else,"

Abby raised a brow. "Well, I'm sure what happened to her does have its merits to knowing." She sipped her coffee. "But I was thinking more, how you two met, why you fell in love with her, those sorts of things," She told him. She was curious about his younger life. What kind of woman she must have been.

Graeme gave a little smile. "We met in school, she was the year below me," he started with some care, "We were friends, we just got along really well," Graeme told her, "Then I dropped out, and we lost contact for a bit, randomly met her again in England after a game, and then we dated," he said. He wasn't sure he wanted to talk much about why he'd loved her...not sure it was worth discussing. "She was sweet, and kind, we just got along really well. It was never difficult to talk and spend time with her," Graeme said, "But, it's over, has been for a long while..," he finished, since it had been some years since he'd last seen her and though he'd probably always have a soft spot for her, he had moved on.

Abigail blinked. She was pleased that he told her about his ex. Since he didn't return the question, she didn't bring up her ex again. She'd probably shared enough about Danny. She sipped her coffee, glancing back towards Zerrin. She supposed that the thought he might go back to his ex wasn't going to become an issue down the line. She decided instead to focus on a different point. "So, you dropped out as well?" She asked. "Can I ask why? I dropped out to have Zerrin." She sipped her drink.

Graeme gave a little smile, and nodded, "It was two fold really," Graeme said with a little sigh. He thought back to it, and to the decision he had made. "I won the quidditch cup as captain in my sixth year, and got offered a spot on the pride of portree team, conditional spot, and I decided to do it. I was never that interested in school," he started, that was the easier explanation, the only one he tended to give to people, but Abby was someone he liked, he wanted to be more honest. "But the other reason was that I would've always dropped out...I'm from Scotland, Skye specifically. My mother is muggle, my dad is a pureblood. She didn't want me going to the school close by because she wanted to keep my away from that family and her parents lived in New Zealand she sent me here. We never had much money growing up, so I couldn't afford to go home for holidays and stuff," Graeme cleared his throat a little. "My grandparents were old already when I got there, but my grandfather died, and my grandmother went to a home..and I turned seventeen and was able to apparate. I missed home deeply, I missed the cold, the wet, the wind. Honestly, I just really missed my mum...," he gave a fond smile. "I was always a mother's boy," he joked, to somewhat lighten the mood from what he'd said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back