OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Professor King walked to the edge of the forbidden forest, hoping it was okay for him to meet a student here... he hadn't talked to the Headmistress about it and Estrella had sworn him not to tell anyone, he would not break his word.

Estrella hurried to the edge of the forest as she saw Professor King. She smiled weakly as she approached him, glad that she could trust him to keep quiet about her and Liz's summer.

Professor King nodded towards Estrella as she reached the forest, "I take it Ms. Malfoy will not be joining us then?" he inquired as he turned to face the forest...

"I haven't seen her lately," Estrella replied. "I told her about it but I don't think she's coming."

"Well then, we will enter the forrest I suppose." Professor King stated as he walked into the forrest.

Upon entering the forest he turned to Estrella, "So what do you think you should learn, and would be useful to you?"

Estrella was quiet for a minute, and then she mused, "Well, I wouldn't mind being able to protect myself, first hand, so I guess that defensive spells would be the way to go." Her face darkened. "Although in my situation spells for the offensive wouldn't be so bad either."

"Well, you already know a basic shield charm, and how to expell wands, so I suppose I can teach you the shield charm that is specialized for protecting from the dark arts" he stated as he turned towards the trees to think, he didn't want to shoot dark spells at his student, but that would be the only way he could insure she was doing well...

"Okay, Estrella..." he began a bit unsure, "This is the incantation you need to know, 'Protego Horribilis ', just flick your wand like normal, and want to be protected." he finished as he pulled out his own wand, "I'll shoot a weak hex at you, you protect yourself, okay? Practise it a couple times first."

(((As this is one of the most powerful shielding charms, you might take a way to get the hang of it...)))

Flicking her wand, Estrella repeated after Professor King, "Protego Horriblis." But nothing happened. She looked around, trying it again, and getting a bit frustrated. "Is it supposed to be invisible, or do I need to put more concentration into it?"

((okay. I wasn't sure what it looked like or anything.))

"Most magical shields are invisible." Professor King stated, "Did you feel anything happen?" he inquired of her.

"I think, a little bit, at least," Estrella muttered. Screwing up all of her concentration, she said clearly, "Protego Horriblis!" And all of a sudden, she could feel energy flowing around her, although it was too weak. "Definitely something that time," she said, "But it wasn't that strong."

"well, concentrate on it, you'll get there..." Professor King stated incouragingly, "Or I'll shoot hexes at you and that'll motivate you." he finished, remembering how srious learning this could be.

Estrella attempted the spell again. This time, she could feel that the barrier was significantly stronger. She grinned weakly. "How about those hexes now?" Suddenly, she was feeling up for a challenge.

"Alright, we'll start with something very weak." Professor King stated, "and then work our way up, stoping just before the unforgiveable level, however, you will probably face these if you ever meet up with death eaters again, so practise even when I'm not around." he finished with a flick of his wand as he silently cast the toe nail growth hex at her, he figured this would prepare her reaction time as well. A purple jet of light shot towards Estrella.
(((although i dont know if its purple ;) )))

"Protego Horriblis!" Estrella cried loudly. The hex shattered her barrier, but on the upside, it didn't hit her.

"That weak are we?" Professor King mocked,hoping to make her want to show him what she can do and cast another toe nail grow hex at her...

A little offended and agitated at the remark, Estrella bellowed once more, "Protego Horriblis!" as the hex hurled at her. This time, it bounced off of her barrier, not shattering it. She smiled happily; she was actually getting somewhere.

"Very good..." Professor King stated as the purple jet of light flew past him, he now twirled his wand in his hand and readied it to hit Estrella, "Now for a bat bogey hex." he finished with a flourish of his wand in her direction.

Estrella was ready for it this time, and her barrier deflected the hex with little effort. She grinned; she wasn't exactly feeling like being attacked by bat bogeys at the moment.

"...Cool..." Professor King remarked as he shot two more of the same hex towards her.

The first hex deflected off Estrella's barrier, but the second one shattered it. "Protego Horriblis!" she said quickly, hoping that it would be stronger and be able to deflect anything that Professor King would try to slip her way while she was off guard.

As the evening progressed Professor King shot harder and harder spells to block towards Estrella, some hit her and some didn't. After each time she was hit Professor King would quickly rverse the spell, correct her mistake, and continue on. By the end of their lesson she had 'Protego Horriblis' down quite well, and had learned the basics to cast, 'Protego Totalum' which might help her protect herself from object flying towards her. Figuring this was enough for the day Professor King turned to Estrella, "Well that should keep you safe enough, I will retire to te castle now." and with that he turned and began walking towards the castle, confidant Estrella would be able to hold her own against most death eaters, despite the fact she would have little to no defensive maneuvers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back