Closed Maybe we didn't think this through...

Blake Lodge

1/4 Veela| Fashionable| Intuitive| Kooky
OOC First Name
Ruben
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Blackthorn Wand with Boomslang venom Core
(Continued from here)

Blake was heading towards the players tent just after the game with Skylar just behind her. As she entered she noticed the tent was quite crowded and there was a sweaty smell in the air. She casually put a strand of hair behind her ear and readjusted her cap in her head wondering if facing that smell was worth it just to meet a guy. No! She wasn't there for that, she was going to put up a good word for Skylar, she just had to figure out how.
The players didn't really seem to notice the two of them, guess they were too busy with their own lives and processing the defeat. Blake searched for Lysander with her eyes and bingo, she had just found him. She started walking towards him in a confident pace, she turned around to Skylar and said "C'mon. Follow me". The Gryffindor girl felt weirdly at home there, the tent was big enough to get lost in there but she was making her way to the Gryffindor boy like she had done that a thousand times.
She was now behind Lysander who didn't seem to notice them so she just touched his shoulder lightly and when he turned around she actually saw him. Wow. Guys that cute shouldn't even be allowed, eventually she noticed she had to speak "Hey! I'm sorry for the loss" she said with a painfull expression. "If it helps, your strategy of focusing on the Seeker was a really good one" she said showing off some of her new knowledge that she had learned with Skylar but if the boy kept the conversation going she would need Skylar's support because she did not knew that much. "Oh sorry, completely forgot to introduce ourselves. I'm Blake and this is my friend Skylar, she actually wants to join the team next year and she is a really great at flying so if I were you I'd save her a spot next year" she said with a chuckle and smiling at the boy. She mentally slapped herself, she was talking too much and being too awkward, the only thing she thought to herself was, What is wrong with me?.

Skylar walked towards the Quidditch players room, wondering whether this was actually a good idea or not. She couldn’t exactly turn back now and leave Blake all alone, but she also wasn’t sure what she’d find inside the tent. Maybe they’d be intruding on a team meeting? Or maybe the players simply wanted to be left alone after their defeat? All those thoughts kept running through her head until it was too late to change her mind and leave, so she followed Blake through the door and into the room.

As she entered, her face crinkles up in disgust after breathing in the sweaty smell. Although she was no stranger to sweat (having played sports and being outside basically her whole life), this was a new level of disgusting, and Skylar was now even more tempted to turn right back around a leave. Unfortunately, just as she was seriously considering doing that, she heard Blake call to her from a bit further up ahead of her, and she hurried to catch up.

It seemed that Blake had already found Lysander, so just as Skylar caught up to Blake, Lysander turned around. Skylar smiled a friendly hello, not wanting to say anything yet since it was technically Blake who wanted to talk to him, not her, so it would be weird if she was the one to begin the conversation. She smiled politely while Blake began to talk to Lysander, noticing how it looked like it came naturally to her, while she usually tripped over her own words when she had to speak to a boy who she didn’t know very well.

She had begun to look around the room and see what else there was in it, when she heard Blake introduce her, and true to her word, she put in a good word for her. Skylar felt herself blush, and hastily said “oh um, as much as I’d obviously like that, I’d prefer to trial with the rest of the possible teammates, to make it fair.” She smiled, hoping that it didn’t seem as though she was arrogant or too self-confident. “But it’s true that I do love flying, though I’m pretty sure more than half the school does!” She finished, grinning a bit now.

Despite all of the hard work Lysander had put into taking out Slytherin's initial seeker, their replacement had still managed to catch the snitch before Willow could, and the defeat felt more crushing because of it. He'd been so sure that they'd win once he saw Blake get taken away, as if there wasn't a chance in the world that anything could go wrong, and somehow it did. No one was in good spirits. Willow seemed beyond furious about, and it was hard to try and stay cheerful with such dour moods. Sander dropped his bat on a bench and found a towel to wipe down his face with. He had no idea what to do now - there wouldn't be a victory party to go back to, and he wasn't sure if many of his teammates were down to do something else.

Feeling a tap on his shoulder, Lysander turned, expecting to see Emma, or maybe even Jacob. Instead it was two unfamiliar girls, who were definitely not a part of the team. "Uh, hey." He said, briefly casting his eyes around the room to see if anyone else knew who they were, or had invited them in, but no one seemed to have any idea they were there. "Thanks! It just sucks that their backup seeker was just as good. We'll get it next year, just watch." He said to the girl who had approached him with a sheepish grin. Thinking about it now, he was sure he'd noticed her once or twice around the common room, if only because she was the kind of person to stand out in a crowd. Her friend on the other hand, he didn't have a clue about, but he beamed at her when she was introduced. "That's cool! I'm Lysander. I'm gonna be one of the captains next year, and we'll have some spots to fill. You should definitely try out. Do you know what position you're gonna go for?" He asked Skylar, already quite excited by the reality that, soon enough, he'd be in charge of picking members for the team with Sierra. It was wild to even think about. "What about you? Don't want to try out as well?" He asked the first girl, Blake, as she'd introduced herself. She seemed confident enough, and as Skylar had said, almost everyone loved flying.​

"Oh trust me, I'm definitely gonna be watching" she said out loud without even realising. Hopefully they didn't hear her. She started playing with a strand of her hair as she listened to the boy talking. He seemed a little more interested in Skylar but it was only fair since Blake was the one that made the other girl the topic of the conversation.
She was surprised to know Lysander was going to be next year's captain, guess that her intuition was still working perfectly. What were the chances of them actually be talking to the future captain of the Gryffindor team about accepting Skylar?!

Blake was surprised to see that Lysander was talking to her after, she was caught a little off guard. She couldn't help but laugh a bit at the boy's question "Oh I'm definitely not sports team material" she said "If we are being honest Skylar here just filled me in on everything about Quidditch." she added not sure if that would make her less interesting or not. "But I'd be down to start the Gryffindor team cheerleaders. That's something I would definitely be down for" she said with another laugh. She was definitely the kind of girl that would definitely join something like that but that could also be extremely dangerous as it would probably consist in a large amount of backflips while flying and that would be a pretty big fall if they went wrong. Maybe Lysander would be like her and see the fun part of it instead of also thinking bout how dangerous that could be. "I'm definitely the kind of girl that will be seeing from the stands supporting you guys. Especially if Skylar is a part of team and I'm kind of curious to see how good the captain next year is" she said sticking her tongue out to him.

Skylar smiled as she listened to Lysander talk to her about Quidditch trials next year. She could definitely see why Blake liked him so much, he was easy to talk to, and already asking her questions about herself, rather than keeping it all about him as some boys she’d met in the past tended to do. “Oh actually, I’d probably trial for Chaser, I like the idea of working in a team to score goals and definitely don’t have the guts to be a keeper or a seeker since most of the pressure is on you, and you seem to be doing a great job of Beater so I guess I’ll leave that position for you.” She finished her train of thought, a happy grin spreading across her face as they began talking about something she’d already thought about previously. “So do you have any spare spots for Chaser?” She asked out of curiosity, trying to understand what her chances of actually getting in the team would be next year if she trialled.

The conversation quickly turned back to Blake after that, and though Skylar was slightly disappointed, she knew she shouldn’t be, after all it was Blake’s idea to come here in the first place anyway.

Lysander quite enjoyed the attention he was getting. It wasn't every day he had other students approach and compliment him, and the recognition honestly felt awesome. He could almost forget that they'd been totally crushed by Slytherin just minutes before. "That's choice. Chasers definitely like, the most co-operative position." He agreed. He did think that his own position involved a lot of co-operation with Jacob, too, but nowhere near as much as the chasers had. Keeper on the other hand always seemed like a bit of a lonely role. He paused to think when Skylar asked about the spots they'd have free, frowning slightly. "Umm. None of the chasers are graduating so they'll still all be around next year. But you never know because sometimes people give up their spots. That's how I got onto the team, one of the older beaters left. You might get lucky!" He shrugged, a little apologetically since he wasn't sure what the chances of that happening were. "We always need alternates but! If you try out for chaser there's a chance you'll get to be an alt, and then you can play with us during practices, or if someones sick during a match against one of the other houses." He explained, brightening up somewhat. He'd been an alternate to begin with, and he'd still felt quite like a part of the core team. Watching everyone else play while he had to sit on the sidelines had sucked, but he didn't think it was all that bad.

Blake's suggestion for a cheerleading team had Lysander chuckling. It was funny to imagine what that would be like when it came to Quidditch, rather than a muggle sport. "Oh man, I'd love to see that. You should totally pitch it." He grinned. Her asking Kingsley about it was an interaction he would've wanted to be there for, just to see how the head of house reacted to the idea. Cheerleaders for all the teams sounded like a lot of fun, if they could get it to somehow work. "I hear the next captain is going to be the best the school's ever seen." He remarked playfully, though his cheeks flushed red at the realisation that there were going to be a lot of expectations from him in general. He got this, it was fine, he had to hope he wouldn't mess it up. He had Sierra to rely on, so he was sure with her help he'd manage. "Quidditch is a lot of fun though. If you change your mind, it'd be cool if you came to try out too. I think everyone should give it a try. And its way more fun with friends. Seriously." As someone who had grown up with a heavy Quidditch influence, it was hard to imagine not wanting to play. Flying was one of the best things anyone could do at Hogwarts. Even before his best friend had made the team, he'd loved playing, and quickly considered a lot of his teammates as friends, if not all of them. He figured if he could convince people to try out, then he was already doing a pretty good job of being a future captain, and he thought it would have been cool to see both of the girls there. "If not, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you on the stands!"

Blake laughed, it was good to know that Lysander also had a sense of humor. He was totally breaking the stereotype that all sports guys were jerks. "Do not encourage my crazy ideas, I might actually go forward with them" she said giving him a sort of warning but joking at the same time.
She dramatically rolled her eyes at him giving him a smile when he started bragging about next year's captain, which was him, that guy was definitely full of himself but somehow Blake found that extremely amusing. She gave it some thought, if trying out meant she'd have more time with him then she actually might, maybe she would go with Skylar just so she could have a friendly face trying out too but she would be secretly hoping that she wouldn't be picked. Or maybe she could still go with Skylar but be just spectator and watch the try outs. That probably wasn't a good idea because if Lysander was a chatty as he was being she would probably end up distracting him through the whole try outs.
"Of course you will. After all, it's kind of hard for people not to notice me" she said teasing him. Deep down she knew it was true, there weren't a lot of first years who dressed as fashionably and wore high heels on a daily basis like her.
She wasn't sure if she should have said what she said next but she decided to go all in. YOLO, right?, she thought to herself. "You know, we should definitely hang out sometime. Maybe go for a butterbeer or something during Brightstone Weekend" she said to him. She mean her and him but since Skylar was there it would be rude of her not to invite her, besides if Skylar decided to accept the invitation she could also be helpful "Of course that the invitation is extended to you" she said pointing at Skylar. Blake would win either way, with or without Skylar, supposing that the boy agreed to that.

Skylar smiled as Lysander talked about the Chaser position. It sounded even better when he talked about it, since it came from a future captain of the team. Unfortunately, after Lysander said that there would actually be no free Chaser spots next year, Skylar‘s happy mood dropped a bit, but at the mention of alternates she perked up. “Aw, that sucks that there won’t be any free Chaser spots! But hopefully I’ll at least get to be an Alternate, it seems like they’re pretty included in the team too, and at least I’ll strengthen my skills beforehand.” She said, trying to look on the bright side of things. “Of course, that’s only if I get in!” She added with a smile, not wanting Lysander to think she was cocky or too self-confident, since her previous comment made her sound like she was sure she’d get in, which she definitely wasn’t.

Blake then pitched the idea of a cheerleading team for Gryffindor, and Skylar grinned, knowing that this would be absolutely perfect for her friend. “Yes! You should totally do it!” She smiled at her friend, encouraging her to actually seriously think through the idea.

The conversation then finally got to the real reason Skylar and Blake has come, since Blake took a chance and asked Lysander to go for a Butterbeer with her. Skylar stifled a smile, hoping Lysander would say yes, she would hate to see Blake disappointed if he rejected the offer. She jumped a bit as Blake extended the invitation towards her as well, she hadn’t been expecting to be included in this part of the conversation, but it was sweet of Blake to ask her anyway. Instead of a definite answer, she just replied “I honestly don’t mind, we can sort that out later if need be.” She said, hoping it sounded vague enough so they could actually decide whether they wanted to go by themselves or with her later on. Of course, that was assuming Lysander even accepted the invitation in the first place.

Lysander was pleased that Skylar didn't seem to deterred by the fact they might not have any chaser spots. Alternate really wasn't that bad. He'd been lucky enough to play in one of the matches himself as one, before becoming a core player. "Hey, it was an alternate that beat us today after all, right?" He said as an extra reassurance. It still stung, to put all that work into taking out the opposing seeker, only to lose to the backup, but it proved how valuable they were to the team.

Blake's comments only served to make Lysander want to further encourage the idea of her forming some kind of cheerleading team, just to see what that would be like. It sounded too fun to pass up. Though as she talked about herself and how noticeable she was, he found himself at a complete loss for words, and had to bite back a laugh, which only served to further redden his cheeks. She definitely did stand out in a crowd, but hearing it from someone her age wasn't something he was used to. He shouldn't have been surprised, she seemed very confident and he had to admire that. He paused, scratching the back of his head while he considered her invitation to hang out during one of the Brightstone weekends. "Yeah, for sure! I'm down. Just let me know when." He grinned, slinging his towel around the back of his neck. That didn't sound too bad, she was honestly pretty funny, and he couldn't say no to just hanging out and drinking butterbeer. "Anyway, uh. I really need to go and shower after that match. You guys know where to find me. Even if you wanna just talk Quidditch or something." They shared a house after all, and since he was sure he'd seen Blake around before, as she really did stand out in a crowd, he was sure he'd see more of the both of them around more often.​

Blake was astounded that Lysander actually said yes, she supressed an enthusiastic scream and try to play it cool but in her mind she was throwing the biggest party ever "Sure, I'll send you an owl" she replied calmly and trying not to get blushed.
She got a little dumbfounded when he said he would need to shower, she didn't even thought that they could somewhat be keeping him from doing something. At least that explained the gross smell inside the players room. "Sure yeah, we'll keep in touch!" she said before turning away to leave witht Skylar. She was thrilled to go have butterbeer with the boy, she would need to start planning an outfit for that, stat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back