OOC First Name
Kadi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 13 Inch Unyielding Hazel Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Delilah was grateful for the abandoned classroom. For all its dust and emptiness it really was the perfect place to come if you wanted any kind of privacy. And she was certain she wanted no one to witness her failure like this. She had been coming her to practice since last semester yet she couldn't figure out what she could possibly be doing wrong. She took a deep breath and grabbed the rosin she nabbed from her violin case and set it on one of the desks. With all her might Delilah tried to calm herself but there was a knot in the pit of her stomach that wouldn't go away as she lifted her wand. "Repello." she said clearly, but it didn't matter. Instead of pushing the small thing away from her with a reasonable amount of force, spell went into overdrive and flung it across the classroom with such force the rosin shattered against the opposite wall. Delilah shut her eyes tightly as it crashed but still gripped her wand until her knuckles turned white. Eventually she relaxed ever so slightly and slumped into one of the many empty chairs. What was she doing wrong? She wanted to scream, but she didn't and instead rested her forehead against the desk and started to theorize how far she could get through school without ever having to lift her wand again. So far she had been lucky there were no major mishaps during class but she knew it was only a matter of time.

Lumio was walking down the hallway of the second floor, it had been an odd few weeks, but things had been pretty clear to him now. He wasn’t exactly certain but he felt pretty certain, the date with Ronald had definitely made this a whole lot clearer in his mind. He had always been open and welcoming to epoeple around him who were gay but he’d never really experienced a coming out, most of his friends were too young like he was to be coming out until now. He was a little nervous about it of course, but he was also rather eager to start telling people. Maybe he could start with Ajax. Lumio stopped short when he heard something smash in a classroom he was sure was unused. He frowned slightly, glancing around himself in case anyone else had heard that. But it seemed that no one else had. He stood stock still for a moment before heading to the room. He chapped on the door lightly before opening it to go in, and his expression grew into one of concern, ”Hey Delilah,” she had been his date to the yuleball and one he was grateful for. She seemed nice and he had hoped they could maybe be friends...perhaps now was a chance for that…”You okay?”

Delilah lifted her head quickly when she heard her name and blinked rapidly as her eyes focused on Lumio looking at her with concern. Immediately she felt her cheeks grow warm and suddenly felt very vulnerable alone in the classroom. "Oh, hey Lumio." she said with a smile and tucked her hair behind her ears the way she always did when she was nervous. "I'm fine. I was just practicing some spells." she said simply as she glanced over at the shattered rosin on the opposite side of the room. She let out an awkward laugh before standing up quickly and going to clean it up before he could see how bad it was. With her back to him, she sighed, and allowed herself to relax a little. "It's not going very well." she admitted, as she picked up the biggest pieces she could find.

Lumio smiled at her and then nodded as she said she was practicing spells, he had to wonder what spell she might’ve been practicing to have produced that noise, but it made a little more sense when she explained that it wasn’t going well. ”How come?” he asked going to where she was picking up what had smashed. He wasn’t sure what it was, certainly not something he was that familiar with. ”What even is this?” he couldn’t help but ask, his tone was curious and he was rather keen to know what this was really. He had never had much issue with his magic, he knew it wasn’t as good as others in his year, but he didn’t mind, he could manage the basic spells and enjoyed dueling. He didn’t need to pracitce all that often, so he wondered if he practice more if this sort of thing would happen to him.

Delilah straightened and looked around for some kind of bin to throw away the evidence of her misadventures. But got caught up think about how no one would empty it if she found one. It was an abandoned classroom after all. "Umm, I just need some practice." she said with a smile. "Obviously." she shrugged and hesitated. She knew Lumio was nice enough but she was still cautious about talking to anyone about how she was struggling. If Brooke ever found out she would never live it down. Delilah was grateful when he asked about the busted up rosin. "Oh this?" she asked and frowned with her mouth scrunched up in a way she knew her mother would scold her for. "It's just some rosin, it's from my violin case. You use it on the bow. It's no big deal." she said, downplaying the whole thing. It was true it wasn't a big deal but it was the only one she had with her at school so she wouldn't be able to play anymore until the end of the year.

Lumio nodded as she explained that she needed a space to practice and he glanced around the room, noting that it would definitely be a good place to practice, since it did appear to be quite empty. It had space and there was enough light that one could practice in here, or read. It was a little too dusty for Lumio’s tastes but he got why someone would use it. ”it is away from everyone else, you can definitely practice in peace here,” He picked up more pieces of the thing that had smashed and nodded as Delilah said it was rosin, ”Oh cool!” he said, ”That’s really cool that you can play violin. I play guitar whenever I can. How long have you been playing violin for? Do you have it at Hogwarts with you?” the teen asked quite keen to hear more about the musical instrument that Delilah played.

Delilah smiled brightly, glad Lumio wasn't about to ask her more questions about her spell practice. “Yeah, it’s nice.” she agreed, looking around at the quiet room. “A great place to practice music too when I’m not destroying my supplies.” she said with a laugh before placing the broken pieces with thre rest of her things. “Thanks.” she smiled and fiddled with her hair again. She relaxed a little, preferring to talk about about music more than spells at the moment. “I didn’t know you played an instrument.” she said. “I’ve been playing for about five years now. I play piano too. And I do, but it’s up in my room.” she explained with a shrug. "So what has you seeking out abandoned classrooms?" she asked lightly.

Lumio nodded in some agreement that this would be a good place to practice music, ”Especially if you’re keen to practice without others hearing anything,” he said, ”You could probably ask one of the older students to fix it if necessary.....or I can try?” he wasn’t sure if it was a vital thing that needed to be done. Lumio nodded, ”Oh yeah, I’ve only been playing for a couple of years, my cousin taught me that basics,” he explained. He didn’t have his guitar with him either, it was too was in the dorm room. He gave a little smile to her and shrugged, ”Oh I dunno, revision is always so hard so I was just walking around trying to find something to do and heard the crash, which brought me here,” he said and then just gave her a wide smile, ”Now I’ve run into you and that’s good!” he said. ”How’ve you been since the yuleball?” He asked, ”I never thanked you for the date, it was good fun!”

Delilah nodded. “Well I don't know about you, but I prefer practice to be a solidary activity.” she said with a smile, and blinked when he offered to fix the rosin for her. Of course she could use a spell to fix it, but that wasn’t exactly something she felt comfortable doing at the moment. She could only imagine how much worse she would make it if she tried. “Oh yes please.” she said and pushed the shards over to him. She listened as Lumio explained what he had been doing, and Delilah was just about to apologize for distracting him when he said it was a good thing. The words froze in her mouth and she felt her face flush as he told her what a nice time he had had at the Yuleball. "I've been good." she said brightly, only slightly exaggerating the fairly average semester she had. "I had a lot of fun too. I was kind of nervous for the whole blind date thing. But I'm glad I was paired up with you." she said with a smile, and froze like that as she started to worry if that sounded more forward then she intended.

Lumio gave a little shrug, ”I think it depends on how I’m feeling..sometimes I like to have the company, other times it’s because I don’t really want to practice,” he told her. He gave her a smile and took the rosin, ”Okay, now I can’t promise anything, but I’ll give it a go,” Lumio said, he started to take the pieces of it from her and began putting it back together just with his hands, clearly to get a better idea of what it had looked like when it was in one piece. ”How exactly does rosin work?” he asked. Lumio wasn’t sure what it was for and for him, he needed such details to be able to work with something like this. He gave her a nod and a warm smile. ”Yeah, I was pretty nervous too honestly, I’d never like been on a date with anyone before,” he had had a date to the valentines after and that had gone better, but if only because it had help him recognise his own feelings and emotions.

Delilah considered his answer about practicing with an audience and laughed a little. "I guess that makes sense." she said with a smile, knowing how difficult it could be to practice when you didn't want to. Normally she was fairly self motivated, despite her parent's less then enthusiastic support of her hobby. She lit up as Lumio asked about the rosin. "It's actually quite interesting." she began. "It's basically sap, and you run it across the bow and it makes the hairs stick together, and it's stickiness of the rosin on the bow that pulls against the strings and makes the sound." she explained before clamming up. She hadn't meant to ramble on like that but she rarely had someone to talk to about music things. "Me either." she admitted softly, glad she hadn't been the only one nervous that night. "Did you go with anyone to the Valentine's dance?" she asked lightly, but couldn't meet his eyes. Delilah couldn't believed she had asked that, but she was curious. She doubted he liked her, but he was being so kind. She figured it could be worse.

Lumio listened with great interest as she told him about what it actually was, what purpose it served. ”Wow! That’s really cool,” Lumio thought with all this information he might be able to repair it. He thought about what it did, how it perhaps looked and then took out his wand, ”Reparo,” he did the wand motion, and the pieces shook lightly, but didn’t reform. ”I’ve got this don't you worry!” he assured her before then trying again, focusing his mind a little more on it, ”Reparo,” and this time it worked, the rosin seemed to seal back together as if nothing had gone wrong with it. Lumio was pretty pleased with that, he held out the rosin to her, ”There you are! Good as new.......hopefully,” Lumio really did hope this would last better for her. He nodded at her question, ”Yeah I went with Ronald, he’s in your year I think,” he said with a little smile, it was a little shyer than others. ”What about you?”

Delilah was still a little mortified at her ramblings but she smiled as Lumio seemed to think it was at least interesting. She took a few steps closer to him as he too the rosin and used a charm to fix it. It took a couple tries and she laughed at his determination. But she also felt relieved she didn't need to try her self, and she knew with her luck it just would have come out worse. "Thank you so much." she said, full of relief. "It's perfect." she said sincerely as she held it up and could barely make out where the cracks used to me. "Oh?" Delilah said and looked up curiously when Lumio said he went to the dance with a boy. She wondered if it was just as friends or if it was something more. She was starting to think Lumio was the kind of boy she could even like but it was looking like he might already be taken. "I'm sure I've seen him in lessons." she said with shrug. "I just went with my friends." she said, brushing off the question but she hesitated. "No one asked me." she added a little sheepishly.

Lumio nodded lightly at her oh. ”Yeah, it’s very new to me and it’s nothing against you, but it turns out, I like boys,” he told her with a little nervous smile. He had liked Delilah, and liked the ball with her, he wanted to be her friend, but felt the need to clarify a little about it. ”Aw that’s a shame, at least you went with friends, and boys will be asking you in no time,” he assured her, he knew she was a little young and would with time hopefully find someone. He wanted others to find people that made them happy. ”Are you done in here? I was thinking about grabbing something to eat, if you wanna join?”

OOCOut of Character:
Figured with the new term soon we should wrap this up?

"Oh." Delilah said again, but this time out of surprise and she felt her face get hot. Quickly she smiled and tried her best to look unbothered and perfectly calm. "That's....cool." she said, her voice going higher than she meant to, and worried it sounded hollow and forced. She was mortified now for ever hinting at anything between them. But at least now she knew, and she smiled weakly when Lumio said boys would like her in no time. She wondered if he actually believed it or if he was just being nice. Dating and boys there the next logical for her socially even if she didn't really understand what the big deal about boys was. They seemed fine, but how was she supposed to find one she actually liked enough to date? Maybe she could ask him sometime, but now was definitely not that time. Delilah hesitated when he asked if she wanted to get something to eat. Part of her wanted to hide under a rock forever but she was hungry. "Yeah, I'd like that." she muttered quickly and packed up the rest of her things.

OOCOut of Character:
Was going to say the same thing 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back