Gwen Owens-Lee

former gryffindor | conquering the world

OOC First Name
kaye
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Wand
Curved 15 1/2 Inch Unyielding Ebony Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Delivering roses was definitely hard work. Gwen had circled the castle inside and out trying to find everyone that she needed to, and it was definitely a difficult job, especially considering she didn't know one single person that she had to deliver to yet. Gwen walked outside of the castle, looking around at all of the different groups of people on the Great Lawn, some of which had already received some roses. She asked them if they knew who Ainsley Lynch was, but to no avail. Frustrated, Gwen stood on top of a large rock as she held up her basket of roses. "AINSLEY LYNCH!" she yelled as loud as she could, hoping someone had heard her and knew where to direct her.

As much as Ainsley wanted to enjoy the excitement of the castle, the strawberries and raspberries she had planted in the Wild Patch were fruiting almost faster than she could keep up with, and she thought it would be nice to surprise some friends with some fresh-picked berries at dinnertime as a Valentines treat, especially since she hadn't sent out as many roses as usual this year. She didn't want any of her friends to feel neglected. So she had stepped away from the castle to enjoy the warmth outside, double checking that birds couldn't get past her netting as she filled her basket with fresh, ripe raspberries and strawberries. It was comforting, to work in the garden, and Ainsley hummed to herself as she picked. The humming wasn't enough to drown out the sound of her own name being yelled though and Ainsley started at the sound, almost dropping her basket. Heading in the direction of the call, Ainsley was pleasantly surprised to see a young girl with roses. "I'M AINSLEY!" She yelled back, waving the girl over with a broad smile. She had been looking forward to her rose from Amber all day, and maybe now was the time.

Gwen beamed when she heard someone yell that they were Ainsley and quickly jumped off the rock and ran over to her, swinging her basket side to side as she did so. "I have something for you!" she exclaimed, taking out a yellow rose that had Ainsley's name on it. She handed it over to her. "And there should be a note in here somewhere..." Gwen rummaged around in the bottom of the basket where all of the notes had gathered, trying to find one for the older girl. It was a bit creased, but Gwen took it out nonetheless, also handing the note to her. "Sorry about that." Gwen told her. "But Happy Valentine's Day!"

Ainsley, thank you for helping me see the beauty in magic when I doubted it the most, you're a great friend I hope we can spend some time together soon.
Your Friend, November

Ainsley gave the girl a friendly smile as she approached, excited at the prospect of another rose. It was a tiny bit disappointing to see the yellow rose the girl withdrew, but a message from a friend was still exciting, and she took the flower happily, smelling it with a smile while she waited for the girl to find the message. "Thank you!" Ainsley exclaimed cheerfully as she took the message, not minding the crumples at all. She opened it up, smile broadening as she read the sweet message. It was a touching sentiment, and she would have to find time to thank November as soon as possible. "Thank you so much!" Ainsley added once she looked up from the message, giving the delivery girl a cheerful smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back