Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Ajax)
Wand
Curly 10 1/2 Inch Flexible Willow Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Open after Kiersten posts with Adorah

Nicole was trying not to feel bitter about the twins having a group costume. They were twins, of course they had a cute group costume together. Never mind that Iris had blatantly betrayed Nicole last year and Emma had been on Nicole's side for the whole thing. Sisterhood and all that. And Nicole definitely didn't feel like the odd one out in her very 1950's looking outfit while those two were dressed like 1920's flappers. It didn't make her look weird at all.

Nicole was repeating the mantra as she excused herself from her friendgroup, giving Iris a tight smile just in case she'd managed to make it this far into the evening without being aware how quietly unhappy Nicole was. She was glad to have her friends, especially Emma and Jenna, and she'd never say otherwise, but it was a relief to get away and over to the punch bowl for a minute. Even more so when she spotted someone standing nearby who matched her own Halloween aesthetic far more than the twins did. "Hey, I love your costume!" Nicole said excitedly, tapping the girl on the shoulder and smiling when she recognized Adorah from Heta Omega. "We totally match," she said with a smile, suddenly feeling a bit self-conscious grabbing Adorah's attention so suddenly.

Adorah hadn't gone as all out like previous years with her costume. Juniper had tailored some thrift clothes they'd found and assisted in her costume, even helping with the hair rolling process. She was having fun with Aisa but decided to step away for a moment and grab some refreshments. It still felt weird to be able to attend these events with a default person, but she was thankful the Gryffindor was her girlfriend. Grabbing a drink, she hugged the table for a moment before turning towards a familiar face. "Oh, I guess we do," she said with a laugh, smiling at Nicole. She wasn't super familiar with the girl since she was her sister's age, but she had been around more since becoming prefect. And Adorah had noticed. "Housewife, right? Are you having fun?"

Nicole flushed when Adorah laughed, trying not to preen too much under the attention. It was just nice to talk to someone who clearly appreciated a good aesthetic. "Well, I was sort of aiming for like, tough uh biker.. chick or something. But same era! And your hair is so cute," Nicole gushed, tucking some of her own hair behind her ears and wishing she'd thought of something fun like Adorah had to do with it. "All my friends are dressed from like, the 1920's, it was bumming me out not to match," Nicole added, giving a little nervous match. "Glad we both have good taste," she said, offering a quick little toast to Adorah and hesitating. She was sure she was coming across as a giant dork right now, next time she suddenly wanted to talk to older students she really needed to plan out what she was going to say first before she acted like an idiot.

Adorah felt embarassed that she had misinterpreted Nicole's costume. "Sorry, the dress-I - you look nice," she sputtered out, feeling herself blush a little and tried to hide it behind her hair. "And thanks. My sister did it," she added, still surprised by how well it turned out with her hair so short. "The 1920s? So like flappers and stuff?" she asked curiously, only aware of fashion standards due to Juniper's obsession. She could still feel herself blushing a little as she looked at Nicole and took a long drink before noticing Aisa a little bit away. "So, are you doing okay with the prefect stuff?" she asked.

Nicole tried to splutter out her own reassurances as Adorah apologized, eventually deciding it was better if she just shut up, trying to plaster a pleasant, understanding smile on her face and just nod so they could both get past the awkwardness. Thankfully, Adorah mentioned Juniper, which was much steadier ground for Nicole. "She's so talented, you're lucky. I swear one day I need to ask her for a full make-over." Nicole had always wished she had a cool sister, like Juniper. Or Adorah for that matter. "Yeah, they've got like matching dresses and stuff. It's all very cute," she said, trying not to grit her teeth in annoyance at being left out. Even if Emma and Iris had disagreed about how things went down last year, they were still twins after all. It was so unfair.

"Oh, yeah. It's been pretty fun. My friend Jenna's a prefect too, so it's nice to have someone to hang out with in the prefect's common room and stuff. I bet you were a natural at it when you got your badge, you always seem so calm and cool," Nicole said, internally groaning. Couldn't she play it cool around pretty, older girls for like two seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back