Kadi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Straight 13 Inch Flexible Maple Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Open after Daph posts with Vanity

Santiago was a little shocked he had made it on the quidditch team. From the way some of his housemates talked about it they made it seem impossible. But maybe he was better than he thought. His uncle had given him some tips. He should probably thank him but that would involve admitting to an adult in his life they were right, something he would avoid at all costs. His mom had told him he should try harder with his lessons this year but he had no intention of doing that at all. If he had to be here he would do his own thing. But the library was quiet and he was less likely to get caught carving his initials into the surface of the desk here than in the student lounge. He used the tip of one of the pens to scratch into the surface and was the only sound in this corner of the library.

Vanity had to admit, the librarby looked pretty. There was something kind of fairy-tale like about this big library full of old books, and she could appreciate the look of it as long as she wasn't expected to actually read any of them. She was wandering past the different shelves, wondering if anyone actually spent time here for fun, when she saw an older boy doing something he shouldn't. Vanity drifted closer curiously. "Are you trying to carve sh*t?" She asked over the guy's shoulder. "Because that's now how that's spelled." In all honesty, Vanity thought carving something into the table was pretty cool, and she hoped to show off to the older student with her bad language. She wanted to show she was cool too and willing to break rules.

Santiago moved quickly to hide what he was doing but relaxed and pulled his hand away when he saw it was just a girl. One that looked like a first year too. He sighed and leaned back in his chair and tried to look unbothered. "You think I don't know how to spell?" he asked mockingly. Granted, spelling wasn't his best skill but there were plenty of four letter words he could manage just fine.

Vanity shrugged at the boy's words, glancing around for him in case someone had followed her. She then turned back to him. "I mean, maybe? I don't know you." She said with a shrug. "What are you writing then?" She asked, looking down at his carving.

Santiago rolled his eyes quickly. "Well now you know one thing." he said sarcastically. He had half expected her to leave after that. Most people seemed to avoid him after interacting with him. Instead she seemed to get closer. He sat up straighter. "It's a secret." he said with a smug grin.

Vanity nodded, she supposed she now knew this boy knew how to spell at least one word. At least, if she believed him. The girl couldn't help rolling her eyes when he said it was a secret. "You know, I could just come back tomorrow and read it anyway so why don't you just tell me?" She asked, putting her hands on her hips.

Santiago sighed. "Maybe so but then you would at least be out of my face and not my problem." he said before glancing around to see if anyone was coming. This was just what he needed, unwanted attention. "Why don't you go read a book or something? Or can you not read?" he asked sarcastically. "Full sentences too hard for you?"

Vanity frowned and put her hands on her hips. "You don't have to be rude." She told him. "I wasn't going to tell on you because I thought it was kind of cool what you were doing." She huffed. "But if you're going to be rude, I can get a teacher or librarian here in seconds. I can scream really loudly." She said, raising her eyebrows in a challenge. She could, and she would if she had to.

"You're really going to throw a tantrum?" Santiago scoffed. "First years really are babies." he muttered under his breath. He knew he hadn't been that pleasant as a first year, he knew he wasn't pleasant now, and he was very sure he wouldn't have tattled on someone for being 'rude'. He had a feeling he was bluffing but he also had a feeling he could make a run for it if it really came to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back