OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Over the past several days, I have worked on a upgrade to the galleons system which will make sale completion much easier for shopkeepers and shop assistants, and much less confusing/time consuming for characters buying items.

It's a fairly simple process, really, but I'll spare you the details of it. Just know that I spent plenty of time working on it, and bugging people who genuinely didn't care about helping me fix it and such.

So how does it work?
Simply, when a sale's RP is done, the shop assistant runs an autotool that looks like this:
2qlbcja.jpg

Click to see the full sized image​

That autotool then makes a post that looks like this:
2uqy9w5.jpg

And that linked image leads you to a page that looks similar to this:
24kw2h4.jpg

The page dynamically grabs much of the necessary information for you from the sales topic. You then insert any left out information (price, items, additional information) and submit it.
The page then does three things;
1) Transfer galleons from your account in to the specified shopkeeper's.
2) Sends a personal message to the shopkeeper from your account indicating: [ul][li]That they have been paid (and how much)</LI> [li]What sales thread has been completed<LI>[li]What items you listed as having been bought.[/li][/ul] 3) Sends a ticket (called a 'sales receipt' ) to the administrators indicating what items need to be added to your inventory.

Previously, much of this process was manual and time consuming. Now most of it is automatic and relieves most of a shopkeeper's burden, as well as solving some concerns with our galleon system (like not being sure if they were paid).

Over the next several days, documentation will be updated to reflect this new system.

Questions/comments/concerns? Feel free to post here. :)

~Nick
Note: Are you a shopkeeper? Do you want to change what the automatic post looks like for your shop (the image used for it)? Feel free to PM me. :)

Wow, if this had been around years ago I'd have kept Mr. Ollivander off the golf course and left him in the store!!!!

Awesome Job Guys!!!!

Freya Heimdall said:
Wow, if this had been around years ago I'd have kept Mr. Ollivander off the golf course and left him in the store!!!!

Awesome Job Guys!!!!
And he'd be 502 now. :r

Thanks, Kim. :)

Yeah but he'd still be the best wand maker around! I loved playing that old guy!

Nicely done Nick. ;) Excellent job.

Good job Nick :)

Great job, Nick!
It's awesome! ^_^

Leonardo De La Cruz said:
Woot sadly I only have one shop keeper and she venders food! I'm still hoping for that kiddies Emporium :) puh puh please Nick?!?!
No new shops are opening. We're still investigating and closing inactive shops.

Leonardo De La Cruz said:
Okay I got dibz if it ever opens <_<
There will be an application form. ;) So no dibs. :p

I'm glad for the positive feedback.
I was worried there would be some complaints, as it does add some work to the user's side of things (now users have to list the items they bought themselves, as well as indicate if any where a gift). However, it also drastically speeds up how fast items will be added to inventories - so that's the pay off.

Notice: Anybody for whom the form did not work last night should re-attempt it. :) I had updated the coding again but forgot to test one small portion. As it turns out, I forgot a single equal sign. :r So it's back up now. ;)
This page has received another slight face-lift.
Instead of asking for additional information (which is rarely needed and usually involves items being gifts for other users), the code has been udpated to ask on each item if it is a gift.
If it is, it creates a new field asking who the item should be sent to.
If it is not, nothing happens and you continue on your merry way. :)

Elise Meredith said:
Ideally, she would just have to wait until she can actually see those forums for her to complete the sale that way, but roleplay as having the items sooner. (Which won't be long, with holidays upcoming on HNZ.)

This may seem like it ruins PM requests for sales, and it does, but to be far: HNZ's PM system is not for roleplaying, it is strictly out of character, and shops would not likely have some sort of mailing service for school supplies. Perhaps a small shop in Hogwarts could be opened and student run to sell such supplies conveniently for students. The shop system was never ever designed for personal messages sales, however.

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back