Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ecosexual
Wand
Knotted 10 Inch Sturdy Chestnut Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Rosemarie knew she couldn't say no the Lumio's offer. Although she didn't see the use in learning spells she might never need, these first year spells were the basics to the more advanced stuff she wanted to learn. She had seen Professor Carter preform a spell that sped up plant growth and one that made water appear out of thin air. Those spells were way out of league of someone who couldn't preform Lumos or Wingardium Leviosa. Rosemarie struggled with every spell there was, transfiguration, charms or defense against the dark arts. Although she didn't care about the latter, harming others because you might face a dark wizard in your life was ridiculous. Today she had asked Lumio to come to the courtyard and help her with some spells. She brought her pot of daises for comfort and waited for Lumio to appear. Rose had met the boy when she delivered roses for Valentines. He was nice and offered his help, she knew she needed the training and the time had come to actually practice the magic part she loathed.

Lumio hadn’t been sure that offering his help to Rose would do much good. He wasn’t that more advanced in his magic so he was a little unsure how best he might help her. But he wasn’t willing to give up. He had suggested to her that they spend time outside doing it, despite the fact they would be outside. He really didn’t like the outdoors, though he didn't mind the courtyard, and he was certainly dressed as if he might freeze with a thick jumper and a thick beanie. Even if he didn’t need half of that. He arrived where she had said to meet her, and smiled. ”Hey Rose!” he called out as he approached. ”You ready to get started?” he asked. He was certainly ready. ”Would you rather sit on the ground or on a bench?” He would grin and bear it if he had to but if he could get around it, he would definitely try.

Wrong account!

Rosemarie spotted Lumio from far and grinned. It was still around 18 degrees and Lumio looked like he came straight from the North Pole. ''Hey Lumio, you look like you came straight from the North Pole'' Rose hadn't even packed a beanie or very thick jumper. ''I think I am ready'' Rose placed her pot of daisies on one of the broken stone pillars and she was ready to do some silly wand waving with incantations. ''I think the ground is way too cold, so the bench is the best choice.'' Although it wasn't freezing, the ground wasn't very comfortable to sit on at this time of the year. Rose had expected to go full force straight away, but it sounded like Lumio had different plans. ''Thanks for doing this again, I found out there are spells I actually want to learn and I guess I need to master the basics before I can preform those.'' Ever since Rose had found out there was a plant watering spell, she was eager to learn. Something had sparked inside her that magic could be useful.

Lumio smiled at her, ”Well it is almost winter Rose,” He told her and maybe it wasn’t as cold as it could be, it could get colder. He wasn’t going to risk getting cold at all. He gave a little grin but sat upon one of the benches. He crossed his legs underneath him and took out his wand. ”There’s no guarantee it'll help, so no thanking me yet,” he said with a little laugh. ”You said you hadn’t managed any spells yet, so not even Lumos. When you go to try to cast lumos, what do you do? Whats the thought process?” he asked her. They would start at the simple spell. They would start at a spell that most people got and then work up. He thought it would be good to see how she thought about it before they tried anything. Lumio didn’t really know what he was doing, he was just going to randomly try things to see if anything worked. He wanted to try, and see if the same story telling method of getting someone else to more or less explain things and him only be the guiding force would work.

Rose nodded ''You are right, you win'' Rose grinned and walked over to the bench. When Lumio asked about the thought process behind a spell or charm Rose had to think. ''Uhm, I try to think that my wand lights up after I preform the spell and after a while I just get frustrated and think about how stupid magic is'' Rose just got frustrated and when her tip would light up the light would be very faint. So maybe Rose just possessed some form of weak magic. ''Even if it does work, it is just very faint'' She had seen Oscar preform Lumos and his wand was illuminated like the nights sky on old years eve.

Lumio grinned and nodded. He listened as she went over how she did it. He thought about it. He wondered if there was perhaps a better way of doing it. ”okay, so, let’s just do it step by step, and even if this seems silly, just go with me?” he said. He wasn’t sure it would work, and he was sure she might find it a bit silly. ”You like flowers right?” He started, ”So, close your eyes and imagine yourself stepping into a dark room, there’s no light but you can smell flowers. You can smell that they need water, they need light,” he said it slowly so that hopefully she was maybe following along. ”The only way you can do that, is by casting lumos. So, imagine yourself taking out your wand and casting lumos, imagine the light from your wand brightening the room, as if you were the sun for these flowers,” he cleared his throat slightly, ”Got all that?”

Rose nodded when Lumio asked if she liked flowers. Of course she did, they were here life. Even though it sounded weird she did what Lumio asked of her. She listened to Lumio talking about standing in a dark room with no light. The smell of flowers filling the dark room. The supposed flowers needed water and light and Rose could provide them with the latter. She understood the concept, but she was unsure if it would work. ''I think I understand where you are coming from'' Rose smiled. 'So you think I need the right motivation to actually preform a spell properly?'' Rose asked Lumio.

Lumio watched listening as she seemed to get what he was doing. He gave a half shrug to her words. ”Motivation and like thought process, like if the typical, imagine a light at the end of your wand doesn’t work for you then you should think abbott how something could,” he answered with a little shrug, he wasn’t sure if it would actually work, ut it would be cool if it did. ”Why don’t you give the spell a try and like see if it helps,” He could also say that it might work for lumos but he wasn’t sure how well it would work for other things, other spells. But once she had something in her head that might help. If it didn’t work they could in his mind kept building on the image of it.

It all sounded pretty crazily, but she did trust Lumio. She didn't know him that well, since they basically had just met, but he had this veil of trust around him. Rose closed her eyes and held her wand. She imagined herself standing the darkness with a thick smell of flowers that filled the entire room. The flowers would need light and that was were Rose would come in. ''Lumos'' she said. In her imaginative a strong beam of light erupted from her room and filled the whole room. When she opened her eyes her spell had done something, it was just a faint light. It was progress. ''Definitely better than most times I try these stupid spells.'' Rose said while looking happily at Lumio. Maybe charms wasn't here thing, but she did want to learn the water spell badly. ''I do want to learn that epic watering spell Professor Carter showed me.'' Rose said excitingly.

Lumio watched as she went through the steps that he had asked of her. He was pretty disappointed that it didn’t work too well, but it was apparently would be one her better attempts. He frowned a little but was pleased that it had worked a bit. ”We can keep trying, maybe you need to practice it more,” he hadn’t heard of a water spell. It wasn’t something he had heard about or done it. Perhaps it was a fairly advanced spell. ”Like he just created water?” he asked. He was sure he had heard of that spell before and maybe seen his family. ”Must be an advanced spell, I haven’t learnt it yet,” he told her, he couldn’t help her learn that spell, but they could definitely keep at the spells she had done this year. ”Were there other spells that you want to try?” He wanted to see what else he could help with, ”or shall we keep practicing Lumos?”

Rose hated practicing with the twig, it didn't feel familiar nor did she had much desire to actual do most spells. Magic was useful and she did want to learn, but the learning curve just seemed to be so steep. ''Maybe, maybe I wasn't made for charms'' Rose grinned. ''Yeah out of the tip of his wand came a stream of water, looked bloody amazing and would be so useful to water plants.'' Rose said excitingly. Most spells weren't actually ones she liked to learn, but the water one did made her excited. Rose was sad to learn that Lumio had not learned the spell yet. That meant she wasn't going to learn it in her second year. ''Lets focus on Lumos first, otherwise ill get confused with all the spells.'' Rose said. While looking around she knew Lumio was here to help her and she needed the help desperately. They practiced Lumos a couple of more times and each time the spell had a variety of effect. Sometimes the light was brighter other time it was more dim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back