Lunch Hour

Ava Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
The change in Ava's appearance which seemed to be instantaneous was actually being mulled over in her head for weeks. She was beginning to get plenty of stares and whispers as she walked through the corridors bearing her new 'look', was that really all students had to talk about? A member of the Glam Squad suddenly turning goth? Although she enjoyed the attention she didn't care for the use of the word goth. It was definitely something she wasn't, being called a goth thrown her nastily into that atrocious group of Hoshi and her gang. Being associated with them was one of Ava's worst nightmares. Her new style was more a grunge take on glam, she was still dripping with designer clothing, she just didn't have that essence of girliness.

She sat at the top of the Slytherin table where her and her friends usually sat but today, she sat alone. She wasn't quite sure where her fellow Glam Squad members were but her thoughts weren't wasted on the fact that she was alone, there was plenty of other important issues on her mind. The first and most important one was the fact that the Yule Ball was coming up and she had no date. She was aware of the Brotherhood auction but she didn't take much interest in that, if she had ended up with some complete loser she would have died. But now, she didn't even have a 'complete loser' to go with, she didn't have anybody. Alyssa and Damien were going together, Nia would be with James, she didn't really know what Abbey's plans were but other than that, she was on her own. The thought of not attending the ball crossed her mind but was instantly pushed back out as she imagined the beauty that was her gown for the Ball. It would be a shame to waste it such a pretty piece of clothing.

Ava sighed as her fingers fumbled around her bag, before coming across what she was looking for, her lipstick. She looked around her, the hall was beginning to fill with professors and students for their lunch, but Ava wasn't even hungry. Instead, with great ease, Ava applied her lipstick to her lips, smacking them loudly and then returning the lipstick to her bag. Fully confident that it was applied perfectly. She then stared boredly out in front of her, her mind returning to the miserable thought of the Ball. Not once had she ever dreaded a chance to get dressed up so much in her life.

Lily had been busy the past few months. She had taken a little time from hogwarts to do a bit of, soul searching. In actual fact, she'd been looking for a new school. A dance school. But most would not let a 13 year old girl enter. Most did not suit girls so young. It was only, she had learned, when she turned 16 that these dance schools would become available for her to audition for. So even though she had tried about 50 with no luck, it did not but the smallest of dents in her hopes and aspiritations in her career as a dancer. It meant she felt more guided, more towards what she wanted. Knew what to work for and exactly how to get it. Train hard, forget love, forget people. Eyes on the scolarship with the russian national ballet prize. In Lily's young mind you could only do well in two fields, 1) a hobby and 2) fashion. She could happily sit at the Slytherin table knowing she was well on her way to achieving both. It therefore made her smile oddily. That and the fact that she was not wearing a skirt, but rather a pair of small shorts and a long t-shirt, which carefully showed that Lily was becoming more than just a thirteen year old girl, but developing. A style, she did not quiet have. Today it was a cross, between casual summer, and chic. Lily's outfit, was exactly what was need for the lunch time at Hogwarts in the middle of summer. Lily picked up her cup of coffee and slowly took a sip. Letting her hazel eyes look around her and take in the sights of a busy hall. It was annoying in Lily's mind that they had everyone in the exact same place. She in her mind thought that each house, should have there own hall to eat in. The Slytherins, obviously the Great Hall. The Ravenclaws The library, that Lily had scarcely been in. The Hufflepuffs in the forest, out of everyones way. And the Gryffindors, preparing the food to serve to the better people of hogwarts. Ie The Slytherins.

The glances towards the door, made Lily slowly look over. Not hurrying or showing in any way that she was as interested as everyone else about what was entering. A small chuckle escaped her lips when Ava Prince walked in, a blonde grungey messy. The Glam Squad has really gone to the dumps now Her mind told her. Lily had never had any intention of being in such a group. She liked being herself. A dancer, hating magic, and a liar. None of these things could be done if she was a part of the silly group that had gotten such a nickname. Lily put down her coffee, and watched as Ava took a seat on the Slytherin table. Barely back a day Her mind mused. Lily knew she had two options, mockery and possible facing of the "glammies" or pleasantries. Since part of her focusing meant she as cut all friends off, the most responsible thing for her to do was mock. Ava was probably stronger by magic. but with a new style, Lily was sure there was more of a vulnerability. And if indeed she provoked Ava into an attack Lily would let her do it. Teachers were bound to see, and Lily wouldn't be afraid to bring out her own claws. Before going off on her trip, Lily had tried desperately to turn a new leaf, but she had turn it again, and felt b!tchy than ever. In Lily's books, a great feeling.

Lily stood up from where she sat, and walked down to where Ava was sitting. They were on opposite sides of the table, so there was no necessary walk round so that Lily could face someone she had once called a friend. Her steps were purposeful, and clear. She kept her eyes on Ava and she walked. Lily was clutching on to her black clutch as she walked. Inside was just make up. But This at this point was pointless. Lily only remember she had the clutch as she noticed the girl apply lipstick. Lily stopped right in front of Ava. They contrasted in many ways. Ava a blonde, Lily a brunette. Ava pale, And Lily with olive coloured skin, which made her look more Mediterranean than New Zealandy. "Well, Well, Well. Just look at what the goth gang dragged in." Lily sneered taking a seat in front of Ava. "And I thought the glam squad hated those people." Lily smiled to Ava. "If you're hair wasn't blonde and clean, I would've mistaken you for Shaylah Rouge." The young slytherin mocked. With not one hint of caring in her low, cool voice.

[Hope you don't mind me joining]

Continuing to stay in her pensive mood, Ava rested her chin in her slender hand and stared blankly at the opposite wall, until someone sat in front of her and obstructed her view. Her initial thought was that it was one of her friends, seeing how the Glam Squad sat at the top of the table, a fact that was known to most if not all Slytherins. Yet as her silver blue eyes reached the face of the girl, she discovered that it wasn't one of her best friends, it was in fact, Lily Fossil. Ava began to smile at the girl until she registered that her words dripped with venom and down right b*tchiness. Her eyes bore icily into her own and it was all Ava could do but reflect her gaze. There was no other sign of emotion on Ava's face other than the fact that her lips seem to tighten at her cruel words but that was about it. For some reason Lily wanted to play b*tch, unfortunately for her, Ava Prince majored in that attitude. She dropped her arm to the wooden table, lying beside her other arm, she knew Lily's game but there was not a chance that Ava would play it with her. Luckily for Lily, Ava wasn't in that nasty mood today...well not really.

Ava looked away calmly and mouthed one word - 'Wow.' Her eyes widened just as her lips formed the three letter word, eyebrows raised yet even though she was quite surprised at Lily's comments there was a hint of weariness - already bored of the act - as she mouthed the word. Quickly, Ava turned back to the girl, "Okay, um, it's Lily right? -" Her voice was sickeningly sweet, reminding her of a time when she had shared a room with Lily Fossil and that other girl, Shaylah. She recalled consistently using that tone of voice with her, never really thinking that a year later she would be using it with someone she had once considered a friend. "Just to let you know this is where the Glam Squad sit and they should be here any moment now." She told her, ignoring any of the hurtful things that Lily had said to her, being compared to Shaylah Rouge was a real slap in the face but Ava wasn't about to unleash the insults just yet, she wanted to see how things played out first.

She batted her eyelashes rapidly and waiting for Lily to comprehend her words, but spoke quickly before she could, "Which basically means that you can leave now." Her words were spoken over exaggerated - slowly and clearly as if Lily was had some sort of hearing disability and to be frank, was a tad stupid. She waited bluntly for Lily to pack up her insults and her little game and leave only to return to the bottom of the table, where the Slytherin outcasts sat. Being wrapped up in her own world gave Ava the disadvantage of missing out on a lot of things, but she wasn't too self absorbed to notice that Lily was M.I.A. for some time and she could only wonder what it was on her 'trip' that brought out her nasty claws, it was either that, or she was just plain jealous of Ava's popularity and her 'new look'. Ava of course figured it was the latter of the two options.

Lily Had always thought Ava as a friend. One of the only people she really saw eye to eye with. But Lily was sick of the games of nice people. Of pretending to be Livia, a girl who was hot about fashion and hated everyone who didn't like fashion. Lily Fossil hated everything. Her entire existance was built upon a lie. The lie of who she was. What she had been before magic. Not many knew that Lily was The prima ballerina that the arts world were all discussing. Lily did not mind there talking. She knew it was more about the wonders as to if Lily would follow her mother down the same path of destruction. Lily was thin. But her weight was even. Lily would never follow in mothers footsteps. It was an embarrassment that she felt about how her mother had been. The sound of her name, brought Lily back to the room in the school she hated. Her hazel eyes returned the cold gaze. Lily wondered if she was meant to be hurt by Ava's words or just persuaded to go away. Lily didn't take orders from just anyone. She did as she pleased, annoyed who she wanted and was a b!tch to everyone. lily let the girl talk, purposefully yawning as she was told to clear off. It was boring for her. She placed both her hands onto the table and smiled at Ava. It was not a friendly smile. It was a clearly, fake smile.

"So they finally let you in. Since you were like a puppy towards them. Always wanting to be there friend and doing anything to be there friend. Which of the girls did you buy off to let you in? Was it the queen bee herself?" Lily said coldly. While playing around with a fork in her hand. It was a passive way of being, showing she neither cared nor would listen to anything the girl really Had to say. "I always knew you were a shallow wh0r3, Ava." Lily picked her words carefully, mimicking how Ava had spoken to her, only it was twinge with her New Zealand accent which seemed stronger now since she'd spent a lot of time with Dancers from New Zealand. She kept her stare with Ava. Not bothering to look at her hands, or even throwing a thought at how she look. Perfect she assumed. The Livia had always wanted to be like Ava, but Lily didn't, she could not have cared less about her if someone had told her she was dead. There was little Lily cared about, she hated everything. Even her own brother. The only person Lily had ever liked was dead. and she had no intention of getting close to anyone else ever. Boys or girls. Friends were silly, and had a sell by date. It seemed a lonely existance for Lily, but she had never known it any other way. Lily placed the fork back onto the table but kept her hand in place over it.

"You had always struck me as the type to do your own thing. Not follow, but be followed. But I guess I was wrong. A follower. How.......interesting." Lily continued. Speaking slowly, while glancing back over Ava's outfit. Truly terrible. "And I will move, on the day pigs dressed exactly like you fly. And they will be ugly pigs." finished Lily, leaning in slightly as she spoke and smiling slyly as she did so. Lily wasn't afraid of the Glam Squad, there was nothing to be afraid of. She was no longer completely hiding herself.

Ava continued to stare coldy at the girl, the buzz of activity seemed to rise as more students settled down for their lunch but that didn't disturb Ava's concentration, she almost felt herself beginning to glare at Lily. Drumming her darkly polished fingernails against the wooden table, making a beat as each nail sharply hit the wooden boards, she waited for Lily to leave her at peace. But it was the one thing that she didn't do, instead she continued to insult her. Ava rolled her eyes fustratedly trying her best to not let her words hurt her but her best didn't seem to be enough and Ava did indeed feel a bit disheartened by her cruel words. However, mastering the technique for so long, her expression remained patient, unbothered. The truth being that inside, Ava wanted as much as to reach over and smack the girl across her face, Merlin knew she had it in her, yet sinking to that level would be obscene. Probably something that Hoshi would do in a situation like this and Ava Prince wasn't about to descend that low on the social chain anytime soon. She broke eye contact with Lily as she continued to spin insults at her, she was loosing her patience rather quickly with this girl.

A shallow wh*re? She really wasn't laying off with the insults, but that really was the last straw, no one called Ava 'a shallow wh*re' and got away with it! Ava stormily glared back at her, "I don't follow. Nor am I followed." She stated calmly, her voice trailing off slighlty but she wasn't anywhere close to being finished, "You see I don't really think you understand the concept of it all. Their my friends -" Dragging out the last word as much as she could, "- which is a term that you are clearly unfamiliar with. What probably having no friends in your entire life. No one actually cares about you Lily from what I can see.." She paused, allowing the words to fully settle with the Slytherin girl before quickly resuming from where she had left off this time bearing an overally fake apologetic expression on her delicate features, "I mean, you may aswell not even exist. I'm pretty sure no one would notice." Her words dripped with sympathy, but of course, only of the b*tchiest kind.

"Besides, what makes you think I actually give sh*t about your opinion of me?" With a deathly sweet smile and her gaze lingering on her for just that second longer, Ava poured herself a goblet of freshly squeezed apple juice. She brought the goblet to her lips, the scent of the sour tasting liquid reaching her nostrils overwhelming her a little, before slightly lowering her goblet, "Anyways, do you really have nothing better to do with your time than attempting insult me?" She asked, an eyebrow raised and once again bringing the tip of the cup to her lips and taking just the tiniest sip from it.

In a perfect world, Lily would be a nice person, who cared for others and was cared for herself. But as it turned out, the world she lived in was one that was far from perfect. Lily prefered it such. She hated being nice. It was one of the most fake things she ever had to do. But life demanded politeness and kindness. Lily hated that the world was such. Imperfect trying to grasp at perfect. Something similar to what Lily thought Ava was. Lily prefered her old, more 'glam' look. But this just gave another reason for Lily to be mean to someone. Even if at some point, friends they had been. It was good to sit and stare directly at Ava, with hatred just spilling out of her. She had liked Ava. She had enjoyed her company. But long had Lily grown weary of company. The monotonus tone of fake enjoyment. Lily just wanted to tear the world apart. Well, Hogwarts. She would be happy to leave the school, and go to her dream. Her only dream, one no one could understand was herself. Lily nodded along as the blonde spoke. She highly doubted the friendship. It would either not last, or Ava would grow bored of it. Lily wondered how the others would take this new, look. If anything, it would not to well for the glam image. If these people were friends, they wouldn't need an image. And none of them would have the desire, to be the best over all the others. Lily had noticed the disappearance of the queen bee, and yet it seemed no one had taken her place.

Knowing herself that she didn't have any friends and that no one would noticed she was gone, meant it hurt a little less. Lily had once cared. She always hoped she had. But it wasn't like Ava knew anything about her. Her family, her dancing past. The brunette, kept her eyes square with Ava's. Just pretending to pay attention and take in everything rather than really being off in her own little world. "I could always just pretend you don't exist, that would make it easier for everyone, since they wouldn't be scar by this look." Lily said coldly. She wanted to at this point leave. Just because it was growing boring for her. And because there were first years, who could definitely be bullied. But Lily would never suddenly leave. Not while in the middle of something. "Well, in fact no. I just find it so amusing. Since you're a b!tch, and I'm a b!tch, what could be more fun, that insulting until on of the god forsaken b!tches cracks. Let's hope it's not you. You might just lose your chance at the pretty little crown." Lily smiled. Watching the girl drink. "See, since as you say, I may as well not exist, I have literally nothing to lose. Ever. So I can sit here all day calling you names, you truly deserve, and you'd be the worse off." Lily of course had things to lost. But none of them resided within Hogwarts at least. Lily wouldn't care if someone brutally killed her brother with a baseball bat, it wasn't her problem. They were related, that was all. Lily could only lose the dancing. Something so few at hogwarts knew about.

"And I am sure, you do care what I think Ava. Mainly as I am only speaking the words everyone is thinking. My how the mighty have fallen."

[Sorry It sucks]

[sorry i haven't gotten around to this sooner! :doh: ]

Usually Ava quite enjoyed insulting someone and when they insulted her in return, it was just the other players turn of their game. But this time was different, Ava grew bored of insulting her and she actually found herself listening to what Lily had to say, an action she rarely did when she was in a situation like this. Her words were both cruel and harsh and maybe they were true but all Ava felt for Lily at that moment, was pity (and maybe a bit of hatred). She had been to that place before, she had shut herself away from everyone and every thing but it had gotten her no where. Like Lily, Ava had nothing to lose but she didn't gain anything either. She was left, hated, friendless and with not a single person who really cared wheter or not she existed. Frankly, Ava hated her life then. Her existance just seemed completely and utterly pointless.

Now, wheter Lily agreed or not, her life was better. She became friends with Alyssa and through her met Nia, Abbey and Bella and things just progressed from there. Of course now, she had a lot to lose more than she ever had before, but she had been on the other side of the fence and she didn't like it. Not one bit. She shook her head as Lily continued to spit insults at her, some hurting more than others but she patiently waited until she had finished before looking the girl in the eye. "The mighty has fallen?" She repeated, a hint of annoyance in her tone but secretly she was flattered that Lily once thought of her as 'mighty', "Well maybe you'll listen to the mighty then.." She spat quckly overcoming the insult - turned - compliment, "You don't fool me, Lily. I understand what you're trying to do. Being a total b*tch to everyone just so it's easier on you, how cowardly?" Even though Ava was trying her hardest to be sympathetic just looking at the girl forced a twang of b*tchiness into her voice. "I was a coward, you certainly are a coward but it doesn't have to be that way. I changed. And although you may not like the change, I do. I feel...." A word that would suit how she was feeling would run along the lines of; comfortable, confident, free -

"..happy." She couldn't help but allow the small smile to appear on her thin lips as her fingers fumbled around with the chain of her designer bag, "An emotion that you're clearly foreign to." She added glancing back at Lily with a sickeningly sweet glimmer in her eyes. "I'm not telling you what to do nor am I telling you what not to do. I'm simply warning you Lily, from experience, isolating yourself gets you no where. Maybe 'no where' is where you'd like to be? It's up to you but right now, I'm sick of your bullsh*t so I'm going to ask you one more time; just, go." In most cases the fifteen year old would have gotten up herself and left, but with Lily she didn't want to lose. She couldn't be the first one to cave, how weak would that make her look? Instead Ava stared darkly at the girl opposite her - a perfect stranger now - her thin forefinger tracing the circumference of the goblet, she wasn't quite sure if that did it or not. She doubted Lily could be budged that easily? But perhaps, Lily had changed aswell? Perhaps she would now settle for being the loser?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back