Closed Lucas, Linden and the other L Word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linden Kinnek

His Snowflake ❄️ Magizoologist 🦡

OOC First Name
Mia
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
🏳️‍🌈Cas, 🏳️‍🌈Gay🏳️‍🌈
Wand
Curly 12.5" Flexible Chestnut with Mermaid Scale Core
Linden had been looking forward to valentines day. he had sent Lucas a note with the words in it he had been too nervous to say at the ball, and at new year, and he was going to spend the dance with him it was going to be so much fun. They had sent each other a red rose. which was what he had been expecting, not that they had talked about it beforehand, lucas's note has been a little underwhelming especially after the one that he had sent but linden didn't mind. just that his boyfriend was looking forward to spending the dance with him was good.
unfortunately, there was a problem infecting the roses like greenfly of envy. while Lucas had only received one red rose from him. he had received three, which would have been sweet if they had all been from Lucas. but they hadn't been. one had been from Casper and one from Jordie. both of them were his friends. and he knew that they weren't meant to be romantic. but it hadn't stopped a bit of an argument erupting in the dorms earlier.
As much as he wanted to forget about the roses, there was still some tension between the two as they reached the great hall. Linden was regretting not transfiguring them yellow, or donating a couple of the red ones to some younger years that had been looking glum earlier. as they entered the hall he turned to Lucas. "Happy Valentine's day L, Lucas" he said still not quite brave enough to use the other L word out loud.

Lucas wasn't really in the mood for the dance tonight, if he was honest. He needed some time to himself, to deal with his conflicting feelings. He had been trying ot push down his annoyance and frustration, but it was difficult for him. Lucas had always had a tendency to keep grudges, and a part of him wanted to seek out Jordie to confront him about the stupid rose, even if he knew it wasn't important. Linden was here with him, wasn't that enough? But Lucas felt, deep down, that it wasn't. He knew other people had seen Linden with the red roses all day and he wondered if anyone was saying anything. The thought made him feel embarrassed, even if he was only imagining that situation. He was lost in thought as they entered the Great Hall, and looked at Linden only when he spoke to him. With this whole rose situation, Lucas hadn't even thought much about the other elephant in the room, the note Linden had sent him. He suddenly felt nervous. Now that they were alone, Linden was probably going to ask about it. Lucas didn't know what he wanted to say back yet, especially not with all the other things going on. He swallowed, then tried to sound casual and normal. "Happy Valentine's day."

there was no denying the tension between them as they entered the great hall there was a sort of angle to how they were both standing, and he could see a couple of twinges of tension in his boyfriends face. it had been a busy day with the rose deliveries, followed by tension on the common room and now this. The vibrant pinkness and the other couples all together seemed to compounded it. he understood why things were as they were but it didn't mean he had to like it. he put his hand on lucas' arm half expecting him to pull away. "Look luc. are you okay? do you want to join the cancefloor or go somewhere quieter and talk?" he asked gesturingto a small table a little away from everything else.

Lucas tensed a little when Linden put his hand on his arm, but he didn't pull away. He looked away, though, looking at the other couples around them rather than his boyfriend as he listened to him. He didn't know what he wanted Linden to say. He didn't want an apology, right? It wasn't like Linden had actually done anything wrong. Lucas shook his head slightly. "I don't want to talk right now." He said after a moment of thinking. "I don't think this is the time or place."

Linden felt lucas tense under his hand, that wasn't how it was meant to work. not on venentines day, not after the note he had sent. he let his hand fall down to his side. lucas was right. it wasn;t really the time or place. maybe a bit more time would give everyone the opportunity to calm down though he knew Lucas wasn't one to forget a grudge, and it was seeming like he had gained a couple of them today. "that is alright. what would you like to do instead? anything except space travel. i am still working out how to get you to the moon and back" he asked hoping that the comment would maybe lighten the mood a little though he did have a vague outline of a plan forming. there wasn't much to do at the valentines dance compared to the Halloween feast or even the yule ball. dancing, talking or eating, and eating usually involved talking or, given the context. kissing. a swan-shaped pinata would have been the perfect distraction right about now.

Lucas tried to smile at Linden's joke, but it came off a bit strained, he could tell. He was really trying here, but he still felt incredibly frustrated. He sighed softly. "I guess we should dance." He said, sounding a bit hesitant. "Do you want to?" He added, not sure if Linden was in the mood. He was clearly trying his best to be normal, but the fight had to have affected him too, right? At least a little.

Linden could tell that he wasn’t the only one feeling the fall out from the fight. What had felt so comfortable so right and familiar between them felt like he was once again questioning everything as though they were back in last year and he didn’t want to make a wrong move. dancing would be good he said. As they made their way to the dance floor linden reached accross to put his arms around Lucas and dance together to the slow Ballard that was playing before he remembered how Lucas had stiffened when he had touched him a few moments beforehand and let them fall awkwardly away leaving it for his boyfriend to move at his pace. I didn’t want to say it for the first time in front of cas and kas. But I meant what I said in my note. I love you Lucas. I’m in love with you. I wanted to say it at the ball and at New Years but it didn’t feel like the right time. And this doesn’t feel like the right time or place but you need you to know that he said once he started the worse kept coming. He reached out again to bridge the gap between them before remembering that he was letting Lucas take the lead and stopped half way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back