Looloo land

Alex Cullen

Wand
Rowan Wood 12"1/4 Essence of Silver Thistle
(Ignore title. Half asleep =-/ :r: :rofl: )

Alex had decided a nice run would be good for him and was walking about judging the weather. His eyes were still slightly raw though, only a week ago had his friend gone and he didn't know why. He only had to guess that someone close to the family weren't well. But then Alex was confused about why she wasn't going to be coming back. He sighed, wondering why people were so hard to get answers out of. Staring at the ground now, he continued thinking, forgetting entirely about the idea of running.

Andromeda walked across the lawn after an hours training session on the quidditch pitch. She was sore and stiff but exhilarated from her practise, as she strolled across she saw the familiar face of Alex as he first ran and then began to walk. She called out to him but wasn't sure if he heard her or not.

"Hey Alex!" she bellowed once more before putting two fingers into her mouth and blowing hard. The whistle carried right across the lawn.

Alex heard a whistle and looked up looking for the culprit. He was sure he had heard his name. Still walking he turned round and saw Andy. Waving he smiled. 'Hey-' he started to call back but never managed to get the Andy out as a spurt of pain hit the back of his head. His hand went directly out to the back of his head and he bit his tongue, turning round to see he had walked right into a tree. He stared before bursting out laughing at his stupidity, ignoring the pain.

Andromeda was glad he turned around and recognised her, well after the stupid blow up they had he was bound to really. She couldn't help but laugh heartily when he walked right back into a tree. Surely she had just befriended quite possibly the only other person in the school as clumsy as herself. Continuing to walk over to him she held her broom down by her side while her free hand was holding her other side from the cramping pain of so much laughter.

"Alex are you going to tell me that the tree has a vanishing charm on it too, that only breaks when someone walks into it" she smiled shaking her head, pointing her hand at the colossal oak tree behind them Andy was bewildered.
"How could you not have seen that thing?"

Alex laughed, shrugging. 'Umm, I don't know. Could of been the fact that I had turned round to see who had whistled? Or, it could be the fact that I'm not an alien who has eyes on the back of my head?'Alex replied smiling. He was joking of course, obvious that he had no idea how he hadn't seen it. 'Anyhow, forgetting how stupid I am, how are you?'

Andy laughed at the retort that Alex gave her regarding an Shaking her head she nudged him playfully.
"Now how can we possibly forget how stupid you are?" she winked playfully, "I'm good actually. Totally up to date on all my assignments thank goodness. It was touch and go there for a while, there just seems to be so much to read and practise in third year. What year are you in by the way?"

It was probably something she should have asked the last time but there was no time like the present to get to know someone.

(nice siggy. :) )

Alex rolled his eyes at her joke before laughing. 'You think it's bad'he commented before smiling. '5th year so I've got it all easy'He said, which was slightly true in a way. They hadn't got many assignments over last term but then again, maybe that's because he had liked those subjects.

lol which one?

Andy looked at him all shocked like.
"Fifth year? Easy but that's OWLs either you're incredibly smart or you're going to attempt to do the best cheat ever. What are you're favourite subjects then, go on I'm curious. Considering how intelligent you are" she laughed and then stopped herself abruptly and made a pretend cough.
"Sorry totally serious you know."

Alex laughed. 'I actually meant in the assignment way but never mind.'he said, still laughing slightly. 'Lets see, Astronomy, ugh. Herbology, ugh. Dada, boring. Transfiguration, I guess it's all right. Potions, worst. Charms, alright. HoM, boring. Com. Now that's has to be the best.'Alex doing a quick run through all his subjects he had, counting them off on his figures. 'Yep, pretty much sums up everything that you were curious bout'he joked smiling. 'What about you then? Since you're sooo uber busy.'he stuck his tongue out at her making sure she didn't take his teasing to heart.

(the one before with the butteflies :woot: butterflies rulez )

Andromeda couldn't resist sticking her tongue back out at him then bent down to pick a budding aconite before standing up again.
"Ok," she held up a hand and began counting them off as he had done, "Herbology adore it, DADA finding it interesting this year but not my best subject, Transfiguration I don't agree with the principals to do with it so I end up getting alot of stuff wrong, Potions kick ass, Charms also kick ass, History of Magic good enough, Muggle studies pretty sweet and Care of Magical Creatures brilliant, Astronomy pretty good too but I have to work really hard at all of my subjects. None come easy except for herbology and potions.
She began picking the petals off the flower one by one as they walked.
"So fifth year, wow. You don't look old enough for fifth year" she laughed, "what are you then 16? sorry for all the questions just nice to know who I'm talking to and if you happen to fall down or bump into anything ever again, I can test your memory".

Alex listened to her thoughts on subjects, amazed at how she could like POtions. Or even how she could do it. Everytime he had been in Potions, it either ended up with a bang or detention for getting caught on a great cheating method. He started walking with her before laughing. 'Hey'he complained, giving her a push. 'I'm not normally like that you know. It's you and your bad luck curse'he said utterly offended, not. Alex gave her a glare before smiling jokingly.' Yeah, 16 going on 17,'he joked, quoting the line from the movie -sound of music.

Andy jokingly pushed him back then stuck her tongue out again at him for major effect.
"Bad luck curse my foot, you should use some sage and a feather to negate all your negativity you know. You obviously have some dark cloud hovering over you, that or you're just jinxed not me" she smiled then remembered vaguely where she thought she had seen him before, before their collision on the stairs anyhow.

"You knew Harri didn't you? I think I remember seeing you when she was leaving, you were carrying her bags for her" Andy had always liked Harri, a breath of fresh air and a good friend. It was actually Harri who had made Andy wear her first proper dress in years and much to Andy's amazement it had looked great on her.

Alex laughed. 'I do not have a dark cloud over me and I'm quite sure I'm not jinxed'he objected smiling. His smile faltered a bit. 'Yeah, I was the messenger person'Alex joked at the end smiling. 'Why?'He asked, wondering why she had brought it up.

"No reason Eeyore, just making polite conversation. It's what people do you know when they're not walking into things" she tossed the stem of the aconite and put her hands into her pockets, "I'm going to miss her. She was alot of fun to have around, especially in our common room. You could always be guaranteed Harri would show up no matter what the time was 12 midday or 12 midnight".

She sighed remembering the plenty of conversations they had had at all hours but how she had to move out of their dorm last year as Harri had decided to buy a cat. Silly creature.
"Oh that's my new pet name for you now, Eeyore he's from a muggle cartoon or book. A real classic, he's got his own personal dark cloud too".

Alex smiled as he listened to Andy speaking about Harri. He wondered though why she had called him Eeyore. He didn't really know what to say back to that though. 'Hey, I don't have a dark cloud'Alex objected again, looking up quickly just to check there wasn't one. 'See'he joked smiling. 'Yeah, the leaves are going to be very untouched this autumn anyway'he said before remembering the mud fight they had as well. 'And the mud'he added smiling. Andy could probably guess about the mud seeing as Harri walked into the common room covered in mud thanks to him quite a few times during the year.

"Were you two pretty close then?" Andy had been gone for a while and when she had come back had kept pretty much to herself which meant she had lost touch with alot of her old friends and unfortunately that had included Harri. She was finding out day by day how much life had gone on without her, everyone was still making new friends and getting on with school work. So Andy had, had to shake herself up and dust herself down. Get herself back on track and fast.
"Ok you don't have a dark cloud then... maybe just a small rain cloud" she teased again, well he would go walking into trees and falling down stairs wouldn't he?

Alex shrugged. 'Not really. We were freinds but I mean, not that close of freinds'Alex said. 'What about you and Harri?'he asked, wondering if she was. Alex laughed as she teased him again. 'Fine, I have a rain cloud. And Bob lives in there with Fred,'Alex joked back, referring to Bob the spider before he realized she wouldn't see it as that.

"We were room mates for a while and we were also classmates. Harri is pretty cool, she made me wear a dress when no one else could. I was your typical tomboy nightmare until Harri got her claws into me" Andy smiled remembering the pink dress, she frowned as she looked at him.
"Who in the wide world are Fred and Bob? Are they in your class?"
Andy really needed to get out more.

Alex laughed as Andy said she was your typical tomboy. 'Now why can I guess that,'he commented jokingly before faking a shocked looked at her. 'How could you not know who Bob and Fred are? I mean, have you not been out at all ever in your life?'he mocked before smiling. 'Bob is the school spider. And Fred, I dunno. Fred a cobweb now. I just made it up'Alex stated.

Andromeda looked at him as if the boy had just sprouted whiskers and horns or something.
"There's a school spider? Wow who makes this stuff up? Did yourself and Harri decide on one particular spider then because you know they only have a very short life span like a few weeks some only a few days" she smiled thinking it was definitely something Harri might have done, she was pretty cookie that way.
"Alex I can safely say there is special place for you in this world and the staff of St. Mungos are out now at this very moment looking for you to bring you back to it" she grinned.

Alex laughed. he hadn't known that but it didn't matter. He still named every spider he found in the school Bob. It was the identity of the school spider and that was that in his mind. 'Oh, no. Harri definitely didn't make that up. She terrified of him. And yeah, there is a school spider. Didn't you know that people have given him the Philosopher's stone to increase his life span?'Alex said cheerfully. it was obvious he was joking but he kept a straight face. He looked at her as if she was insane when she said he needed to go to St.Mungos. Unable to retort from the good joke, he stuck his tongue out at her >:p before smiling. 'Meanie'he called her jokingly.

Andy enjoyed Alex's company he was easy to get on with and there was no second guessing everything that was said or done. He merely was, what you saw was what you got and that alone was a breath of fresh air to her. Complicated she didn't need.
"Well I'm not afraid of spiders, quite like them actually unless I have to put one into my cauldron for potions class" she smiled, nudging him as he mentioned that Bobs long life span was due to the philosophers stone.
"Oh, you're good Alex Cullen real good. Did you come up with that one all by yourself?" she teased, he was dead easy to tease after all.

Tossling his hair in a friendly way she laughed.
"I'm not a meanie, you just can't handle the truth is all".

Alex smiled. 'You're one to talk. I don't see you doing anything interesting lately.' He said before thinking. 'Trust me, tripping people up on stairs is just so unoriginal'He stated, patting her head.
Alex watched as she messed up her hair, looking aghast before quickly putting it right again. 'I spent ages on that look'he said annoyed before laughing. He looked at her before messing up her hair back.

Andy left her mouth gape open and nudged him playfully then after he ruffled her hair. She couldnt care less about her hair it had that constant ruffled look anyhow.
"How many times have I told you, I never tripped you up!" why was he being so stubborn about this, she was certain they had sorted this one out already, she reached over and mussed up his hair again.
"Ages on that look yeah, you should have tried a little bit harder and spent a little less time you might have gotten it right" she didn't mean to but she pushed him what she considered playfully but sometimes she really didn't know her own strength.

Alex smiled before trying to get away from her hand. His hair was already ruined thanks to her. Oh, it doesn't matter anymore, he thought to himself. 'Hey, that is mean' he joked to her as she insulted him. Alex felt her push him and he tripped over as he stepped back. Landing on his elbows, he looked up at her before laughing. 'Some strength you got there'he told her before seeing his shoe laces were undone, again. 'Damn, how many times do I have to tie these flippin' things?'he muttered to himself, getting himself to a sitting position and tying them for the 5th time today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back