Looking for something dark in the forest

Katrina Redding

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Katrina, having taken some care to sneak quietly from her dorm room, walked across the dewy grass of the night. She looked around, straining her eyes against the darkness for anyone. When she was satisfied that no one was watching her, she walked into the forest, shaking in the autumn chill, but smiling to herself just the same.

(((rping that it's at night isn't a good idea... but okay )))

(((*shrug*)))

As Katrina took a few steps into the forest, she heard a twig snap and a loud thud to her left. Jumping slightly, she felt her heart begin to race. She pulled her wand slowly from her pocket and continued on.

She wasn't really sure what she had hoped to accomplish by walking into the Forest at night, but she was tired of waiting for something to happen for her. She took a deep breath and pushed through a thick bundle of thorns.

Squinting in the dark, Katrina walked deeper into the forest. She saw something bright ahead of her and crouched down. Something about a glowing light in the Forbidden Forest seemed a bit dangerous to her. Walking slower, wondering if she had made a mistake, Katrina moved forward a few more steps.

From her right came the sound of something heavy running past her. She gasped, then covered her mouth. As soon as she gasped, the running thing stopped. She could hear it breathing, but couldn't see it. Katrina held her breath, trying not to be noticed.

(((Would you like a professor to come and find you? prof. mantiea would be happy to oblige im sure! rofl :lol: )))

((lol ill post!))

Lindsay walked into the forest. She was curious as too what it was like. She was startled as she stumbled upon a girl. "Hi Im Lindsay...I dont think weve met." she said with a smile.

(((rofl!! no, I'm pretty sure I was sneaky enough when I left the dorm room, that no one ; at least Professors; should know that I'm out here. Thanks, though! :D )))

((((thank you Lindsay!)))

Katrina grabbed the other girls arm and pulled her down and put a finger to her lips (as if saying be quiet). She smiled nervously at the girl and whispered, "Sorry, there's something out there and I'm trying to hide from it. My name is Katrina, I'm in Slytherin. I didn't hurt you did I?" Her rudeness was forgotten since she was scared.

Lindsay smiled she was always up for some fun and this sounded like a whole lot of it. " No Im fine...so what are you hidding from?" she whispered back.

Katrina continued whispering. "I'm not sure, but it's really big....well, at least I think it's really big." She squinted her eyes in the direction and tried to see if it were still there. "Do you see anything over there?" She asked, pointing.

Lindsay saw Katrina had her wand out and quickly pulled hers out as well. Lindsay squinted in he direction that she had pointed. She saw some bushes move slightly. She got the odd feeling they were being watched. "I think I do...there is definatly something over there...." she whispered back.

Katrina shuddered, though she wasn't sure it was more from the cool air or from the fright she felt. "I think we should slowly walk backward. Let's hope it doesn't see us." As if to demonstrate, Katrina moved back a step. When she did, she heard something that sounded almost like a snort come from the figure. She gasped and grabbed Lindsays arm.

Lindsay could see the figure growing as it came towards them. She felt like they were in some sort of horror movie and all they needed was the creepy music that went along with something bad.Lindsay moved closer to Katrina. She held her wand pointed towards the shape. Lindsay was not one to get spooked easily but was beginning to get that feeling.

Faciln snickered softly to himself from behind the bushes, he had been out here with his father and they were now pulling a prank on Katrina and Lindsay after much influence from himself.

Professor Kuvari had come through the bushes in his animagus form, a lion with bright blue eyes, and crept slowly toward the girls. He heard Faciln moving around them to his left and knew then that his son had already improvised the simple plan they had formulated.

As he crept ever closer to the girls he tried to hold back a sneeze and it just came out more as a snort. He shifted out of his animagus form while still in the darkness, still walking towards them. Stepping into the light he finally spoke, "What are you girls doing out here so late?" He had a wide smile on his face and feared this may be just a little twisted pulling pranks on these girls like this, but he was certainly having some fun as well.

Katrina nearly felt like she was going to faint. She pulled in a deep breath, then shot a glare at Faciln. "That was mean!" She said, then to the Professor she said, "I was just in the mood to go for a walk, sir. You won't deduct house points will you?" She turned to Lindsay, smiling, "I'm glad it was only Professor Kuvari!"

Faciln grinned mischievously at Katrina. "I was only trying to inspire Pops here to have some fun" he stated, winking slyly.

"Nah, I'd say you're out here learning about the wildlife now" he said with a wink. "In fact we should make some regular trips out here to the safer parts of the forest, just so you kids have a head start on my class third year."

Katrina's stern look at Faciln finally broke into a smile. "I think that would be so much fun, Professor! I was already planning on taking your class in my third year, now I'm really really going to take it." She looked at Faciln, wondering if he was going to take the class too.

Lindsay smiled in relief. "You almost scared us Professor." she said with a small laugh. "I cant wait to take your class now."

Fallakin laughed at the girls. "Really would be an honor to have all of you in my class" he stated.

(( restored a session of firefox and it still had all the text in there... now thats $$ ))

"Well you might see me in there, though animals have never really been my thing" Faciln stated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back