Looking for Ingredients

George grinned. "Yeah, wouldn't be who I am now if I hadn't risked my neck a few dozen times would I? It's just...I worry, you know? Looking back at the crap Fred and I used to do, its shocking I'm still alive really..."

George pulled a small bag out of his pocket. "Asphodel root..." He said, shaking the bag. "For a new invention" He winked.

Liz laughed. "The worst thing the death eaters did was make me too cocky for my own good. I keep running into places thinking that I'd faced worse, so I'm immune. I was shocked to discover that my thoughts on that were a bit... blatantly wrong."

She smiled. "Hey, I'm glad you're alive. And not even shocked."

Her curiosity sensors tingled. "New invention?" she asked.

"My store of fluxweed is running low. I've used it in practically every candy I've made."

George grinned. "Nu-uh, this ones staying underwraps till its finished, trouble".

"Don't want to discourage you from coming out here, this place is bloody brilliant" He said enthusiastically. "Just gotta be careful, or Tolouse might eat you." He teased. "Not implying you can't take care of yourself 'Beth, it's just, I didn't lose that toe in a quidditch accident."

"C'mon on then, gather away, and I'll show you something amazing".

Liz barely resisted the urge to pout.

"Don't worry, you couldn't discourage me if you tried." she picked up her gardening tools and cut another strand of fluxweed. "I'll keep coming out here, and I'll be terrified that something will eat me the entire time." she craned her neck to see the missing toe, but George's feet were in the underbrush.

'Something amazing' drew her attention in. Liz collected the fluxweed as rapidly as she could, getting another 2 strands of six inches, and several smaller chunks.

"Good" George nodded, "It's good to be scared, shows you've at least half a brain in there somewhere".

He took a step away from Liz and scanned the immeadiate area quickly. "Right, I'm gonna show you, but you have to be silent. Really, don't even breathe" He smirked. "Only found them last week. Think you can do that?" He asked.

"Right then, just follow me, and stay low" He advised, before taking a quick scan of the area again. After a moment, he transfigured back into his animagus form, his front paws hitting the forest floor gracefully, and a sleek red fox stood where George once did.

Deciding it was probably best to stay in the shadows than walk through the open forest, he headed through where the trees were most dense and trotted along in front of Elizabeth. Occasionally he would turn his head to check that she was okay, but for the most part he was satisfied with the gentle sound of her footsteps behind him.

After a few minutes walking, deeper into the forest, the trees started to thin a bit, and George slowed his pace deliberatley. Ahead lay a clearing, and just visible through the trees the moonlight reflected off a small lake. A glint of gold caught George's eye, and he smiled.

Liz followed George down the path, glancing from side to side. She carefully padded her footsteps, heel to toe.

When George came to a halt, Liz did as well. She peeked around him, wondering what in the world could be there.

((haha, sorry my posts are so.... boring x_x it's 5am. ahhh.))

((Ye gads go to bed!!))

George flattened himself to the ground, and crept to the edge of the clearing. The lake was in the middle of what resembled a crater, though vegitiation and plantlife had long since softened the look of the area.

At the edge of the lake, it stood, a thing of beauty. A pure white unicorn, with a silvery mane and gold hooves, stood, her head lowered, lapping gently at the water. Next to it, a pure gold unicorn foal lay, looking up at its mother, shaking its mane and neighing playfully.

Liz slowly followed George, until she realized what was there. Her movements suddenly ceased, and she watched quietly.

Looking at the fowl, Liz smiled. I've never seen any animal so... cute. she held back a laugh as it ran into it's mother's tail, trying to play.

Fox-George looked up at Liz and saw she was smiling. He laughed inwardly. 'Birds...' he thought, '...always love the cute things'.

Looking back at the unicorns, he watched for a few moments as they frolicked beside the lake. The foal, which had yet to develop a horn, looked almost like a pure gold pony, though there was no doubt that the shimmering white of the mother was the most beautiful of both colours.

Suddenly, the mothers head shot up, and it froze. Detecting movement across the clearing in the trees and foliage opposite, George squinted his eyes and stared intensley in that direction. A second later, the mother hurriedly nudged its foal with her muzzle, shooing it out of the clearing, and darting into the forest to the right.

At the edge of his hearing, George heard a low growl.

Time to move.

Liz heard the growl, and held her wand firmly in her hand. The peaceful moment was ruined, and she wouldn't let the unicorn get hurt.

Still, jumping out would be a bad idea. Liz wanted to protect the unicorns. She also didn't want herself and George to get eaten. She quietly waited, figuring that to be the best choice. Running away would make loads of noise and attract the growling thing.

George kept still, unsure as to whether they'd been spotted by whatever lay ahead. After a few moments, a large black leg appeared at the edge of the clearing, followed by another...and then six more. Slowly, the hulking form of a half grown Acromantula materialised before them. It stood about eight feet tall, and, if you counted its hideous legs, a lot wider.

It paused at the edge, seemingly surveying it's surroundings, and evidently annoyed that the unicorn was escaping before he'd even had a chance to make his appearance. A few seconds later, its many eyes settled on their exact location.

Bugger

George hesitated. He needed to get to his wand to protect himself and Liz, but if he transfigured now and gave them away, who was to say that the beast wouldn't be on before he'd even grasped his wand.

Liz silently took in the large spider. She'd seen them before, in the mansion. She'd also held them off before. Hopefully, they could distract it from the unicorns, and she'd be able to protect George and herself.

She scrolled through all possible spells in her mind. Protego Totalum, Expugo... yes, expungo would be fantastic. Don't think I can levitate it... it's too big. Bit I can shield us against it and push it away. And maybe some birds to distract it...

All Liz could do, was wait for it to make the first move. With any luck, it would figure they tasted bad.

The decision of whether or not to transfigure back to human form was made for him, when with what George thought was impossible speed for something that size, the acromantula sped towawrds them, its eight hairy legs pounding on the forest floor.

Quickly, George morphed back and drew himself up to a standing position, withdrawing his wand as he did and holding it in front of him.

"Flagrate!" He shouted, flicking his wand, and then sweeped it in a straightline pointed at the ground in between themselves and the spider. A wall of flame shot up. George thought breifly about setting the forest on fire, but dismissed this worry when he remembered this particular spell contained the fire to the line the caster drew.

Liz was ready with a few spells of her own. "Expungo Acromantuala!" she swished her wand in it's direction, and it toppled on it's eight legs, and slid about 5 meters farther from them, but it was on it's feet again in no time.

"Protego Totalum!" she added, quickly after knocking the spider back, casting the shield between the spider and the unicorns. They had the flame wall for now.

George watched as the Spider got back to his feet, advancing towards them once again. It reached the flame wall, and George wondered for a second whether it was just going to barrell through. His fears were quelled, however, when the spider made a hissing sound, evidentley not impressed with the fire and scooted back.

Seemingly deciding that the unicorn were easier prey at the moment, it turned and started towards the unicorns in the forest to the right.

George used a few choice swear words, before stowing his wand away in his pocket. He made a running leap into the clearing and morphing mid jump, deciding that he'd make it there faster in fox-form than human. He raced along the edge of the fire, and darted right after the spider when the wall ceased. He had half considered shouting words of warning to Liz, along the lines of stay threre, but she wouldnt have listened anyway, and was positivley useful.

Liz saw the spider switch direction, and she began to run as well. "Protego Totalum!" she tried once again. As soon as she cast the spell between the spider and the unicorns, she turned to look for George. She saw he was back in fox form, darting around.

Liz kept running as fast as she could, trying to get between the Acromantula and the unicorns. Thank merlin she didn't have aracniphobia.

George soon caught up to the spider, and put on a spurt of speed in order to overtake it, mentally running over anything he could do to halt it in its tracks. When in animal form, George knew he could communicate with other animals, which often proved useful. However, he had never tried it with an arachnid before.

As soon as he had a big enough lead, he darted in front of it, turning and skidding to a halt facing it, and prayed that this would work.

'Stop!' He forced out, but it sounded more like a snarl.

To his surprise, the spider halted in front of him, but it didn't look happy.

Liz was about to try and put a blindfold over all of the spider's eyes, when George growled at it, and it stopped.

Her eyes grew, and she kept her wand drawn, ready to stop it from eating George. The size difference between the two was almost comical.

George suddenly felt dwarfed by the great beast, and was very aware of its size at the moment.

Foolish wizard. The spider rumbled out. George had forgotten that acromantula could speak with a human voice. My concern is not with you.

George reared back and morphed to human. "Your concern? I just thought you were looking for dinner and decided that unicorn was on the menu." He quipped.

Whipping out his wand before the spider had time to react, he pointed it at the spider and yelled, " Duro!". The spiders legs became encased in stone, effectivley freezing the spider in position. Morphing back and forth had begun to sap George's magical reserves, and the spell had not effected all of the spider has he had hoped. He took a few paces back, his eyes darting, looking for Liz.

Liz slowly came up behind George. At hearing what he last said, she bit her lip. "The Acromantula's concern? Were you just... talking to it?" her eyes grew. Now she wanted to be an animagus. How cool would that be?

Liz didn't know what to do from there. If the spider managed to get out of the stone and went after the unicorns, then she'd act. Until then, she was drawing a blank.

George chuckled at Liz. "Yeah, soddin thing's just after an evening meal I think". Turning back to the spider, he could see his body struggling to free his legs.

Idiotic being! You just lost me my meal. It hissed. George turned to see the Unicorns dissapear in the dense forest, glad that one of them had the right idea. He turned back to the spider. No matter. I can always find...another one... It said, menacingly, still struggling against its bonds.

George leaned intowards Liz. "Have you got any more bright ideas, because he's getting a bit bloody mad...running is starting to look very appealing." He whispered.

Liz bit her lip. "Can't we just... bring him something from the kitchens?" she paused. "Later, when he's not so mad. Yeah, let's run."

George took a step back, still not taking his eyes away from the spider. He flinched as one of his legs broke free from the stone casing, his darting back and forth.

Suddenly, a large, black hulking creature resembling a dog and almost five feet tall to the top of its back, bounded into the space between him and Liz, and the Spider, and glowered menacingly at the eight legged beast. It turned his head, its red eyes glowing, and George breathed a sigh of releif.

"Tolouse!" He hissed.

The hellhound growled. Go. Take the girl...we are now even, fox, my debt is repaid. He said, though it came out in a serious of growls and snarls.

George didn't need telling twice. He gave the hellhound a thumbs, grabbed Liz's wrist and yanked her away from the creatures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back