Lockhart Manor

Lief's eyes narrowed a bit, but he knew that it was ultimately up to Daisy. He decided that he was going to give some input, however, and he looked to both of the parents. "Why would it matter if she is showing or not? That's ridiculous; why would the child have to be a secret? It's not really a secret anyways." His gaze was directed more towards his father.

Daisy could not believe her mother. She squeezed Lief's hand under the table as he spoke. She loved the way he stood up for them. "I really cannot believe either of you. We will get married when we want to, not on either of your schedules. With the way you are acting," she looked pointedly at her mother, "maybe we will just elope and you won't have to worry about it at all." She took a drink from the goblet of milk in front of her, daring either of them to contradict her.

Valcan's eyes narrowed back at his son, although beneath his tough exterior, he was actually quite surprised. Lief had always been the most quiet and withdrawn of his sons, and did not usually speak to him like this. He refrained from saying anything, his jaw taut as he observed his youngest child haughtily. He respected that his child was actually doing something independent, but on the other hand, Valcan had always liked to keep everything under his thumb, and every little bug of a problem slipping out from under it irritated him excessively. Without anything to drink, he simply continued with his cold stare.

Sarah was shocked at the couple's reaction. Where do they get off acting like a couple of spoiled brats? She glared at them, then realized that Valcan was doing the same. She quickly changed her attitude, not that she was no longer upset, but just to irritate Valcan in any way that she could.
"I apologize. There is no reason to hid the baby at all. I was simply not thinking." She smiled sweetly at the couple, hoping they would think of her as being sincere, even if she secretly agreed with Valcan.

Valcan rolled his eyes at Sarah. Suck up, he thought to himself, smirking. If she was a man I would say she didn't have any balls.

His voice was gruff as he finally spoke up. "At least, get married before the child is born. Merlin knows I'm not going to have any more broken families down the line."

"Are you trying to say that we will be a 'broken family' if we don't get married before the baby is born?" Daisy asked incredulously. She could not believe her ears. Rolling her eyes, she spoke again. "I really don't see how when we get married is any of your business." She turned to look at Lief. "I am starting to think eloping is sounding better and better to me. What do you think darling? You, me, our baby and our witnesses? Somewhere private?"

Valcan regained his stony disposition. "You getting married before the baby is born would prevent the chance of it happening," he replied happily.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I simply do not care how you get married, whether it is private or not, but my concern is you two actually following through with it."

Daisy could not believe what she was hearing. Her temper was getting the better of her. It might have been the pregnancy hormones, but she let loose on Valcan Drage.

"How dare you? What does it really matter whether we are married before this baby is born or not? Are you just so afraid of having another illegitimate grandchild that you are pushing this issue? We are committed to each other and this child, and that should be enough for you and any one else who might be involved. That does not change the fact that I love your son with all my heart and want to be married to him. I simply do not appreciate being ordered around. Ever."

Daisy realized what she said and how she had said it, and that Lief might take offense to it all. She squeezed his hand under the table, and leaned over to him to speak softly. "Honey, I am sorry if I overstepped my bounds, but I could not sit idle any longer." She looked in his eyes, hoping to see a sign of reassurance from him.

Sarah sat back, stunned at her daughter's reaction to Valcan's statement. She agreed with Valcan, but kept her mouth shut. The way things were going, Valcan was going to be out of the baby's life pretty darn quick, and she did not want to join him in that banishment. She stood up and walked over to the buffet where she refilled her wine, and then surprisingly poured a glass of firewhiskey for Valcan. She set it down in front of him. "I think you are gonna need this." she added with a smug look on her face.

Valcan raised his eyebrows as his son's fiancee ranted, rolling his eyes. He gladly took the firewhisky, figuring that he wasn't going to be as harsh as he usually would, seeing as she was pregnant and all.

Taking a sip of the firewhisky, he replied in an irritating calm, "You were correct in your assumption. No, I do not wish to possess more illegitimate grandchildren. It is not good for the child itself, nor for the reputation of anyone else in the family." He shrugged his shoulders. "But since you two seem so set on getting married, I should not have to worry about pressing the matter further."

Daisy raised an eyebrow to what Valcan was saying. She knew it all had to do with how he was being perceived. Why does that not shock me at all? She turned to look at her husband to be. "Any thoughts on this darling? You have been unusually quiet." She continued to hold his hand under the table. "When do you want to set the date for?"

Lief had been watching the scene with amusement, and if he knew anything at this moment, he knew that Daisy was definitely the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. His voice a bit scratchy as he spoke up, he replied clearly, "I'm not sure of any dates yet. What will work best for everyone, I suppose." He did not care about the date, as long as he was marrying Daisy.

He averted his eyes from his father, glad that he had been put in his place for once.

Daisy smiled at her fiance. She was glad he was not mad at her for tearing into Valcan like she had. Slowly she leaned over and whispered in his ear, "Let's just elope. If our parents cannot act like adults, I don't want them there." She looked at Lief to see what he thought of her little idea.

Gilderoy was walking around in his room, when he realized that the door had been left open. That never usually happened, so he decided to go see what was outside. He took his trusty self inking quill with him, full of permanent, everchanging ink, and headed out into the hallway in his bathrobe. Voices down the stairs in the dining room drew him downstairs. He opened the door to the dining room, and walked in with a flourish.
"Is this a meeting of my fan club?" He walked right up to Valcan Drage and wielded his quill. "And you must be the president! How about an autograph?" He quickly began to write on the closest surface possible -- Valcan's forehead! "There you go son. Anyone else?"

Sarah almost choked on her wine when Gilderoy came wandering into the room. She was going to kill whomever left his door open. Before she was able to get up and stop him, he had autographed Valcan's face! "Gilderoy! Stop that right now! Stop writing!" She ran over and grabbed his quill from his hand. "Come along NOW!" She turned him around and lead him back out the door.

"I have plenty of autographed pictures for all of you!" Gilderoy called as he was lead from the room. "I will send some down with this lovely young woman!" He was literally being pulled along, up the stairs back to his bedroom. He looked at the woman, she looked slightly familiar, but he had no idea why. "Here. Take some pictures for my fans." He stated, grabbing a pile of pictures off of the table in his room.

Valcan's expression darkened as he saw his son's fiancee whisper something in his ear, and wanted to know exactly what was going on. He did not have time to inquire, however, as another figure appeared in his vision.

He smirked as he recognized Gilderoy Lockhart. Don't they keep that self obsessed idiot in his room? was his thought, but, he did not have time to voice it, as the doddering fool began to talk.

"No, I do not want an autograph," he stated firmly as Gilderoy approached him, the childlike glow on his face a sharp contrast to Valcan's sharp look, which was as cold as stone. His eyes gleamed like pieces of ice cut into his forehead, and they flared in rage as Gilderoy began to write on his forehead. In ever changing ink, no less.

He resisted with all his might the impulse to snap the man's fingers off, and maybe his neck in the process. He was absolutely humiliated as Sarah dragged Gilderoy off, and he decided that he had enough.

He turned to Lief and Daisy, who had been left in her mother's wake. "Let me know when you have something decided," he snapped demandingly, and without a word of parting, he disapparated, not ever having cared if he appeared rude or not.

"Me neither," Lief said quietly, smiling mischieviously, as his father had left. "Actually, I think that's a very, very good idea."

"Who would you like to accompany us? I think I would like Brun to be there as one of our witnesses. And my old friend Elizabeth from school. When Brun graduated, she and I became really close. I haven't seen her in a while, but I hear she has taken over a store in Hogsmeade." Daisy replied. She held back her laughter as Daddy had written on Valcan's face and he dissaparated furiously.

"Hmm.. as witnesses?" Lief said, speculating and chuckling at his father's anger. "I would suppose Tristan; I was best man at his wedding, even though Far was against it." He smirked. "Yes, that would be very appropriate. And I suppose I could ask Sammael."

He smirked when she brought up his twin. "Yes, I think my sister would be absolutely elated. Where are we going to elope? Australia?" His voice, however, was quiet, so no one would be able to eavesdrop on them.

Daisy thought about this for a minute. "I believe that Australia works for me. Seeing as that is going to be our new home and where our child will be raised." She kissed Lief lovingly on the lips, sealing the location of where they would be married. Little did anyone realize that the house elf was listening, his head sticking in the doorway looking at the couple.

"It's a date then," Lief chortled, running his long, skinny fingers through Daisy's long hair. He too did not notice the sneaky little bugger by the door.
((ugh, have to go! sadness))

"So, let's pick out a date so we can invite our guests. How soon shall we do this?" Daisy asked Lief. "I am starting to think the sooner the better, that way there is more of a chance of us pulling this off without our parents knowing."

"How about next week?" Lief said quietly. "I agree, the sooner the better. I know it's fast, but it could work."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back