Lockhart Manor

Daisy Lockhart-Sigurd

Daisy was in her suite, looking over a muggle wedding magazine. She was not completely sure what she wanted to wear when she married Lief. She had all sorts of ideas in her head, but not one specific thing other than her groom. She was flipping through the magazine, waiting for Lief to return. He had to do an errand. I wonder what that man is up to today. she thought with a giggle. She continued to flip pages wondering what she should think of wearing.
Her mother was no help. She wanted Daisy to wear this old hideous thing her grandmother wore when she was married. It was old and too small, but Sarah insisted they could enlarge it magically. I want to wear something new, not some old piece of junk. She tossed the magazine aside and headed over to the window to look outside at the grounds.

Lief knocked on the door quietly, a package in his pocket that he carefully hid, waiting semi-impatiently for Daisy.

Lief strolled in casually, grinning. "What are you up to?" he asked suavely, grinning and standing near her bed and playing with the box in his pocket.

Daisy smiled as she saw Lief walk in. "I was just taking a break from finding something to wear when I marry you." she said with a wide smile. "Mother wants me to wear some awful old thing that was my Grandmother's. It really is just nasty-looking." Daisy stuck her tongue out and made a face thinking about the dress. "I managed to get a few muggle wedding magazines and was flipping through one." She walked over to give her fiance a kiss on the lips. "What have you been up to?"

"Nothing," Lief lied suavely, getting down to his knees and opening the box. "Now, I know I didn't do this the proper way before, so here it is." He revealed the expensive ring, grinning broadly.

Daisy was in shock when Lief pulled out the box and dropped to his knees. Tears started to roll down her cheeks when he opened the box revealing the amazing ring.

ring2.jpg

"Oh, Lief. It's gorgeous!" she exclaimed, holding her hand out to allow him to slip the ring on her finger.

Lief slipped the ring on Daisy's finger gently, grinning; it was a perfect fit. He kissed her on the cheek softly, saying quietly, "Not as gorgeous as you."

Valcan rang the doorbell hurriedly at Lockhart Manor, impatient to be invited inside. He had been here about twenty years ago, and it had not changed much. He waited for someone to open the door.

Daisy blushed and smiled. Lief was a dream come true. She leaned forward and gave him a long kiss on the lips, then pulled back to look him in the eyes. She stroked her hand along his left cheek, ideas coming to mind, when she heard the bell ring at the door. "I wonder who that could be?" she thought aloud, wondering if Lief had any additional surprises in store for her today.

Sarah heard the door chimes and sent the house elf to see who it was. She followed shortly, and was walking down the staircase when their visitor was allowed into the foyer. She was shocked at first to see Valcan Drage enter her home, but then realized she would have to deal with him more often now that Daisy went and fell in love with his son. She stopped halfway down, glaring at him.

"What the hell are you doing here, Valcan?" she stated with venom dripping from her words.

Valcan smirked. "Hello to you too, I guess." His manner was immediately snotty and a mite cocky, his expression amused as if it was all a game.

Sarah started to walk the rest of the way down the stairs to face Valcan. She was not pleased with his entrance in her home, wondering what exactly he was doing there.

"Do you really expect me to be warm and welcoming after everything that happened? What exactly do you want?" she repeated, not wanting to deal with her ex-lover any longer than necessary.

"Well, seeing as I am a parent in all this," he smirked, ignoring her first comment, "I figured it would be necessary to get some wedding plans figured out. Must you be so uninviting?" He moved in further, almost as if he owned the place.

"Oh, my mistake." Sarah replied, words singed with sarcasm. Putting on an obviously fake smile, she spoke in a sing-songy voice. "Welcome into my home! Please make yourself comfortable and if there is anything we can do to make your stay here better, let me know and we will jump right on that. We will just forget everything that ever happened and bow to your desires." Her face immediately went back to one filled with loathing and hatred, rolling her eyes at Valcan.

"You were always the charmer," Valcan drawled back, rolling his own eyes in return and tipping his hat to her. Ignoring her smart aleck comments, he continued as if nothing had happened, in a normal tone as if he were meeting her at a company picnic, a rather annoying skill of his. "And how have you been?"

Sarah hated the way that Valcan always would maintain that smooth exterior. Made her even more disgusted with him than she already was. "Alright, if that is how you want to play this. Fine." She gestured him in towards the dining room. "I have been better. I just found out that my normally responsible daughter has gotten herself knocked up with her boyfriend of a month and is having a rapid marriage to make sure the kid is legitimate. OH, and the guy responsible for this mess is your son, bringing back to my life the man I never wanted to see again." She stopped walking and put on a fake smile, facing Valcan. "So how are you doing?"

((geez, you are really making me laugh! brightening my day lol.... knocked up? isn't she sophisticated... =)) ))

Valcan put on a smile of his own, listening to her rant with a smirk of amusement stuck fast to his face. "I've never been better, even though my normally responsible son has been wooed by a rather skilled temptress, who has gotten her own self into this mess." He smirked, tipping his hat to Sarah. He knew that he was infuriating her. But, beneath his deep exterior, he was always a sucker for conflict. "Sarah, don't get me wrong; I don't enjoy being back either." he chuckled. "And how is your vegetable of a husband doing? Or should I say, lover?"

"A temptress? Daisy is no such thing. As I recall, I believe your own darling daughter set up our children in the first place, right under your own nose, and I believe at your own home." Sarah stated rather smuggly. "Besides, she didn't get herself pregnant all on her own." They were in the dining room now, and Sarah poured herself a glass of wine from the buffet. "Gilderoy is doing fine. Still, much more of a man than you ever were able to be."

"Touche," Valcan said to her first statement, nodding, and then rolled his eyes. "You women; what's with you and holding on to everything forever?" He smirked smugly, standing next to the dinner table but refusing to sit.

Choosing to ignore Valcan's comment, Sarah decided to move on. "So exactly what is it that you want?" She stood next to the buffet, taking a drink from her glass of wine and glaring at Valcan.

"Peace, love, happiness and wealth," Valcan replied snidely, "A few of which I already have. The peace part isn't the greatest though." He gave Sarah a smug look as he leaned against the dining room wall casually.

Sarah smirked. "And since you were never very good at the love or happiness part, then I guess the only thing you have is wealth." She stood, looking at him and took another sip of her wine, savoring the feel of the warm liquid.

"Yes, but wealth is a good thing," Valcan snapped back cheekily. Suddenly attacked by a burst of confidence, he snorted, "And you didn't seem to mind the loving part, either, if you get my drift, Sarah. Not behind closed doors." He winked lightly, knowing that that was going to make her fly off the handle.

Sarah's cheeks flamed red with the comment. Without thinking, she flung the red liquid in her glass into his face. "How dare you bring up ANYTHING that I may or may not have liked? You have no rights to ever discuss what went on behind closed doors after the way you treated me!" Sarah's eyes reflected the anger she felt inside. To speak so lightly of their affair made her furious. After all they had meant to each other all those years ago, and the horrible end to their affair, she did not want any more to do with Valcan than needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back