Lockhart Manor

"I believe he has calmed," Lief lied smoothly, smiling at Daisy's comment. "Thanks." Unlike the rest of his family, he had never been disgusted by his brother, although some of his actions were quite questionable. He had been the only one who had stuck behind Tristan when he had been with that muggle woman, had even stepped in as best man at his wedding.

Weddings, he thought, with a bit of dread. He wasn't one for celebrations.

"Something is still wrong. I can tell. You have this worried look on your face, Lief." Daisy was starting to worry. She could tell that he was holding back on something. He was still tense, and his smile didn't seem real for some reason. Hopefully it was nothing to worry about, but she was a worrier by nature, and tended to think of things much worse than they really are.

"It's nothing," Lief said, passing it off and holding her tighter. "Where do you want to live, Daisy?" he blurted suddenly, unsure exactly of where he wanted to get a house. Hopefully, that would help get the worry out of her mind.

Daisy sank into Lief's arms, but then was startled with the thought of where to live. They really had the whole world at their disposal. "I hadn't even thought about that." she said with a small laugh. "I only know I want to be with you. Have you thought of a place where you want to live?"

"Just as long as I'm living with you, I could care less," Lief said smoothly, smiling brightly and meaning it.

Daisy laughed. "Well, that helps." She smiled and kissed Lief full on the lips. She was really not coming up with a spot in the world other than right there she wanted to be.

"And if you didn't love me, we would be in real trouble." she replied, with a giggle. She put her head back down on Lief's chest, resting comfortably in his arms.

Lief crossed his legs comfortably, thinking for a moment. "Ever been to Australia?" he said quietly, smiling weakly.

"Well, I was thinking of a place to move. Far away from Europe?" Lief said, grinning mischieviously and playing with Daisy's hair.

Daisy smiled. "I gather that you want to be as far away from our families as possible?" She was okay with that idea. It would not take much to get to them, but this way, they all had to make the effort, not just run next door. "I kinda like that idea."

"Okay. I think we are going to go househunting in Australia then." Daisy said with a giggle. "Hows about a house with tons of bedrooms. I am thinking I want to have lots of your children." She bent her face down to Lief's, placed her hand behind his head and gave him a kiss that let him know in no uncertain terms, she meant everything she just said.

Lief kissed her back, and pulling away, he blurted, "Daisy, will you marry me?" Wow, that was quick. He waited to see what she would say.

Daisy felt Lief pull back, and then heard his words. She just stared at him, stunned. She had been expecting to be with him, and maybe even marry him one day, but she had not been ready for this just yet. She began to smile as she realized that he was serious, and that this was exactly what she had wanted since she saw him again at Drage Herrogard.

"Yes." she whispered. "Yes yes YES!" her voice started to come back to her, tears of joy flowing down her face.

Lief was quite surprised at her enthusiasm, though pleasantly surprised. He hugged her tightly, "I am afraid I do not have the ring just yet."

Daisy returned his hug, and then looked into his beautiful blue eyes. "That's okay. You can surprise me with one later, if you want." She giggled a little bit. She was shocked and happy and scared and excited all at once.

"Green is always a good color." she answered, as she snuggled in to her future husband, her head on his chest and arms around his waist. This may be fast, but is sure feels right.

Lief held Daisy in his muscular arms, thinking about places to buy rings. He held her bad, nodding in agreement but not saying anything. All he knew was that he was happy, even though his father had rushed him into this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back