Lockhart Manor

Daisy Lockhart-Sigurd

Daisy apperated with an audible pop to the front door of the manor. She needed to talk to her mother. So many things have happened and she needed to fill her in on it all. She made her way inside and up the stairs to her suite of rooms.

She was not sure where she was staying the night as of yet. She only knew that she was to be with Lief. As she thought of him, her hand strayed to her abdomen. The baby growing there was a surprise to them both, but they felt they were ready for this.

"I need to find Mother. I hope she takes this well." she said, not really in the mood for the fight that was possible to follow.

Sarah heard the door to her daughter's suite shut for the first time in weeks. Amazing, she finally made it home. I know she owled not to worry, but I still do. She put a bookmark in the book she was reading, and set it on the sofa next to her. She slowly got up and made her way to the door and down the stairs to Daisy's suite. She knocked on the door, waiting for permission to enter.

Daisy was in her bedroom when she heard the knock on the door of the suite. She was changing clothes, getting comfortable from work, and hurried to open the door.

"Mother. Come in, come in." she said with a smile, knowing now that she really did not have to go near her father's suite to find her mother. She just was not in the mood to deal with his preening self right now. She hugged her mother and guided her to the sofa.

"Please sit. I guess you heard me coming home."

"Yes I did." Sarah replied, hugging her daughter tightly before sitting down. "Where on Earth have you been this last month? I want the details. Who were you with? I know that you would not disappear like this if there was not someone involved."

Daisy blushed at the mention of the last month and the "someone" involved.

"Well, I was in Spain for this last month." She paused, not completely sure how to proceed from here. "And, yes, there is someone Mother. Someone very special. Do you remember Lief Sigurd?"

Sarah stiffened at the mention of his name.

"That Death Eater? What on earth are you doing running around with that crowd again? I thought you had out grown all that business." She didn't like it when her daughter was entangled in that crowd before, and now she was afraid she was going down that path again.

"What do you mean? THAT Death Eater?" Daisy said with a raised voice. She was stunned that her mother had forgotten all that she had been involved with after her father's accident. She had alligned herself with the Death Eaters in the past in England, and Daisy had followed her footsteps when she was old enough.

"Lief is not just some death eater. Not anymore."

Sarah stared at her daughter. She could not believe that Daisy was falling for the Death Eater beliefs again. And why was she so adamant about defending that boy?

"What do you mean by 'not anymore'?" she asked, dreading the answer that she was sure to come. She feared that her daughter was in love with one of the most notorious and powerful families in the wizarding world.

Daisy took a deep breath and stood, starting to pace the room, seemingly stealing herself for the reaction to come.

"Mother, what I mean by that is Lief is very special to me. We plan on being together for a very long time. If you plan on continuing to be part of my life, you will understand this and respect my decision on this matter. And I assume you will want to be part of our life." she replied, a little cryptically, to see what her mother would do now.

Sarah's fears were confirmed. Her daughter was in love with a Death Eater. She thought she had learned her lesson when she disassociated herself from them years ago and started on the path to the ministry position she now had. She looked at her daughter quizzically, wondering what exactly she was insinuating.

"And just why do you think I would want to be involved in your life if you are choosing to be with someone from that family?"

"Because otherwise you will not be able to be a part of your grandchild's life." Daisy stated simply. It was the truth. She would not tolerate any judgment of the father of her child, not even from her mother. She loved Lief, and was willing to cut ties to be with him if that was the case.

Sarah sat stunned. I did not just hear that. I did NOT just hear that.

"What do you mean? Grandchild?" She truly hoped that Daisy was joking.

"I mean that Lief and I are having a baby, Mother. You are going to be a Grandmother." she replied. "Whether you like it or not, this baby is going to be born. Lief and I are going to be together and raise our child."

((I just had to interrupt. I love the soap operas! :D aren't sarah and I just the HAPPIEST grandparents on earth? =)) ))

Sarah sat there in stunned silence. She was not sure what to think. Daisy was always such a good child, well behaved, obedient. Sarah never had an issue with her before this. She knew that her daughter was no longer a baby, but this was not the behavior of a responsible adult. Running off for a month, coming home pregnant. What was wrong with her?

"I don't know what to say to you. I am not pleased. I always hoped that you would bless us with grandchildren, but not this way or with this family. Are you planning on marrying him, or have you already done that too?"

"No, we have not gotten married. I don't know if we will or not. And what does that matter anyways? You never married Daddy. And really, who are you to be lecturing me at all! You were an unwed mother with my father off traveling the world. How dare you sit there and judge me when I am going to have a baby with a man that I love who plans on actually BEING there for me and our child!"

Daisy was getting extraordinarily frustrated with her Mother. She thought that she would understand her situation, having been there herself, but all that she did was judge Lief and his family.

Sarah realized that her daughter was right. She was projecting her own feelings about the Drage family on her daughter.

"You're right. I'm sorry. I am letting my feelings towards Valcan Drage cloud my judgment of Lief. If he is planning on being around for your child, then he is more of a man than the rest of his family, and even your own father. I do wish you would marry him before the child is born though. It will be much easier on you all."

Daisy calmed down as her mother did. It was doing neither of them any good to yell and scream over a situation that was not going to change at all.

"I am glad you realize that yelling at me is not going to change the fact that I am going to have Lief's baby. I don't know about the marriage thing though. I have no opposition to it. I love him. However, I don't know how Lief feels about marriage and will leave that up to him."

Daisy sat back down on the sofa.

"I hope that you will be a support for us not a hindrance to fight with. Please be on our side." she implored her mother.

Sarah hugged her daughter.

"I still think this is a bad idea, but if you want this, then I will be there to support you any way that I can. How did Valcan take this information?" she asked.

Daisy returned her mother's hug. She was very happy that her mother had begun to see reason.

"I don't ask you to agree with my decision, but for your support. That's all. But I think you will love Lief like a son. He is so amazing Mother!" She smiled like a girl in love. "He is so sweet and kind, so not the way his father is. And I don't know how Valcan took the news yet. We decided that I would tell Brun at work, knowing she would tell Valcan. Lief was called there not long ago. I hope to hear from him shortly."

She was slightly worried about Lief, knowing full well what Valcan Drage was capable of.

Lief apparated with a pop to the front door of Lockhart manor, ringing the doorbell and trying to remove the ghostly pallor from his face. He would have apparated inside, but he didn't want to appear rude and intruding. Patiently, he waited, hoping that someone would answer.

Daisy heard the bell ring at the front door. She heard the house elf open the door and let someone in.

"Excuse me mother, I believe that we have a visitor. I hope it is good news." she said, rising to go to the door of her suite. She opened the door and walked out to the landing of the stairs, overlooking the foyer. She squealed as she saw that it was Lief that was their visitor, running down the stairs to his arms, kissing him enthusiastically. She missed him for the few hours they were apart.

Lief kissed Daisy back enthusiastically, the ghostly pallor fading from his face. He was a little nervous, however; he had yet to meet Daisy's mother.

Sarah followed her daughter to the top of the open staircase. She looked down onto Daisy and who she could only assume was Lief. They were in an embrace as if there was no one else in the entire world.

He really has grown into a nice looking man. Much taller than the last time I saw him. Hopefully he does not hold his father's temperament, for Daisy and the baby's sakes.

She walked back towards Daisy's suite, and waited for them to walk upstairs. She would like to officially meet her future grandchild's father.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back