Lockhart Manor

Daisy looked into Lief's eyes and smiled. She still had her arms wrapped around him, not ready to let go of him just yet.

"This is so silly, but I missed you all day today at work." she said with a giggle. She then became more serious. "I told my mother about us and the baby."

Lief smiled. "Oh really? How did she take the news?"

Hopefully a lot better than Far, he thought to himself, not wanting to think of his father at the moment.

Daisy smiled at Lief. She loved to see a smile on the normally stoic face of her beloved.

"Well, she was none to thrilled at first. I think she has some sort of a grudge against your father because she was going off on your family. She was very opposed to the idea of us being together." she replied.

"Really?" Lief intoned, a flash of worry going acrost his face. That doesn't sound good, he thought to himself. "Was she mad about it?"

"Yeah, she was livid at first. I told her that she will respect my decisions and who I love or she will not be in our lives at all." She gave Lief another quick kiss on the lips. "I have no problems cutting ties if that is what it takes to be happy. But she finally realized that she was being ridiculous and put her support behind us. She said something about if you are willing to be there for both me and our child than you are more of a man than the rest of your family and she would support us fully."

Daisy had thought that comment was a little odd from her mother, wondering what exactly had happened between her and Valcan Drage in the past.

Hmm, Lief thought, the woman already seems to hate me, and I don't even know her yet. What happened between her and father?

"Well, shall we get these greetings rolling then?" he said finally, smiling weakly.

Daisy gave Lief a quick hug and then let go of him for the first time since he arrived. She took his hand and lead him to the stairs.

"Baby, relax. She will love you. Just be yourself and everything will be okay. Promise." she said with a smile as they made their way up the stairs to her suite. Stopping outside the door, she smiled. "Welcome to my area of the manor." Daisy pointed to the other end of the floor. "That is Daddy's suite. We try to keep him inside at all times, for his own protection. The door is not locked, but there is a protection on it from the inside that does not allow him to open the door. Mother has her own suite upstairs."

"It's a nice place," Lief commented, looking around. He was used to fancy homes, of course, but he figured that it would be polite to say so.

Daisy laughed. "I know you have been in fancy estates your whole life. This is probably small, with only the 5 suites we have, but it's home." She took a deep breath, and opened the door.

"Ready?" she asked, then lead the way into the living room.

Daisy gave Lief a reassuring smile and lead him over to the sofa where her mother was sitting.

"Mother, I would like you to meet Lief Sigurd. Lief, this is my mother, Sarah Hildebrandt." She watched her mother cautiously to see how she would behave.

Sarah looked up as the door opened and Daisy entered with a tall, blonde man. She knew this was Lief. He really is a nice looking man. I understand why Daisy fell for him. Ugh, he has his father's eyes. I must give him a chance though, he HAS to be better than Valcan.

As Lief was introduced officially, she stood to greet him.

"Hello Lief. So very nice to meet you." she said with a smile, holding her hand out to him.

Lief smiled, trying to create a warm impression. He couldn't tell what she thought of him, however. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Hildebrandt," he said smoothly, taking her hand and shaking it.

"Please. Call me Sarah." she said warmly. She knew that this man was at least, different from Valcan already. He was polite and smiled. She had to put her feelings aside. "So how did you meet my daughter? She has not filled me in at all." she said with a smile. She really did want to give him a chance and not judge him based on his father.

"Ah. Actually, that is all my sister Brunhilde's doing. She set us up a while ago at my house, and I guess we just kind of connected." His accent was thick and warm as he smiled over at Daisy.

Daisy smiled back at Lief. She lead him over to the loveseat to sit down and talk with her mother.

"Sorry, Mother. We really didn't have a chance to discuss much of anything." she said with a giggle. "We really have been together pretty much since Brun invited me over that night. I think we took off to Spain that night."

"Ah, yes I remember that night. You left and never came back. I got an owl from you a few days later." Sarah said with a slight smile, putting the pieces together finally. "So, Lief, do you have your own home then? Or are you referring to Drage Herrogard?"

Lief nodded, saying, "Yes, I live mostly at Drage Herrogard." he smiled weakly, hoping that Daisy's mother wouldn't think he was a bum.

"Being close to family is very important. I know that I love having Daisy here with me at the manor." Sarah said with a smile at her only child. She saw how happy they were with each other. She knew the Drage family too well and knew how rare it was to see one smile that warmly. She was satisfied that Lief was a good man, at least enough to leave them be for now.

"I believe you two probably have much to discuss so I shall take my leave. Wonderful to meet you Lief." She smiled as she rose to leave the room. "Dear, please to drop in on your father now that you are home. He would appreciate a visit, I think."

With that, she headed out the door and down to Gilderoy's rooms to check on him.

Daisy was relieved that her mother was being warm and receptive to Lief. At least she was acting that way.

"Yes Mother. I will visit him later on." she replied as her mother left the room. Daisy got up and locked the door to the suite, wanting to spend time alone with Lief and not have her mother wander in to "chat" any more today.

Daisy walked back to the loveseat where Lief was sitting and cuddled up to him, kissing him full on the lips.

"That wasn't so bad. She seems to be over whatever got her all bent out of shape before." she said quietly as she rested her head on Lief's shoulder.

Lief smiled, kissing Daisy back, his accent thick as he sighed, "Well, she took that a lot better than my father did." He said it without intending to, and his jaw was taut as he realized what he had spilled. He hadn't been planning on telling Daisy.

Determined not to tell her about the marriage part, he said, "He was angry that I wasn't the one to tell him, and not right away. Pulling a Tristan, as he would call it." His lips pursed as he thought about it, a little miffed.

"You are not your brother. You never could be. You are a better man than he could ever be." Daisy said reassuringly to Lief. She hated to see him in such turmoil over his father. "Is he still angry or has he calmed?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back