Lets see what you got

Patricia Styx

OOC First Name
Pattycakes!
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Tail Hair of a Male Unicorn | Willow Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Gold Dust
(Leaving the common room)

Once the game Lemi had decided upon had finished Patricia got up and said, "OK so whoever is interested, me and a few of the first years are going down to the pitch for a fly about. Ever one id welcome, we should maybe get these Hufflepuffs into shape for Quidditch." She said with a smile. She laughed to herself as she went up to her dorm and had collected her new Amethyst Streak. She loved her broom so much and couldn't wait to give it a go.

Jumping off the last step into the common room, she saw the people that wanted to go, ready for her. "OK guys, lets go. Follow me if your unsure as to where the Pitch is." She said calling over the excited first years. Now she knew what it felt like to be a Prefect, having some authority. It felt good and for the first time, it had occuried to Patricia that she would like to be a Prefect sometime.

Smiling to herself the whole way down to the Pitch she thought about what it would be like to be a Prefect and then even, Head Girl. She didn't want to think about it too much, because she knew that it wouldn't happen.

Arriving at the Pitch she turned to the first years, "OK guys, the broom cupboard is over there," She said pointing to it. "Go help yourselves and lets see what you've got." She smiled. She waited for the first years to come back over with their broom and smiled at them, already mounted on her broom, "Catch me if you can." She sai, turning her head back to them. And with that she kicked off as hard as she could. It felt great to be on a broom again. And the streak had made such a difference, she had reached a high enough point in such a quick time and the wind blew much harder against her face. There was such force behind her new broom, and she liked it.

Libby walked over to Patricia. "Hi, er, i have my own broom. That ok?" She asked. "Oh and also, you mind if i play keeper? My mum taught me you see, when i was younger"

"Hey Libby." Patricia said when the girl approached her, "Yeah that's fine if you have your own broom use it." She said with a smile. "And I don't know about playing a game of quidditch, we're not really allowed too without any supervision." She said, with a sorry look in her face.

Jenna ran into her dorm to get the broom she had stolen from her cousin, it was much better then her Clean Sweep, it was only a Numbus 2000 though. Jenna shrugged slightly and walked down with the group. Jenna gazed over at Sam with a playful grin and said, "This is going to be fun." Jenna knew that she wasn't dressed all that correctly for flying but jeans and a t shirt would do her some good.

Jenna beamed and she mounted her broom when she got there and kicked off joyfully. Jenna speed over to Patricia, though she had to work hard against her because she had one of the brooms from the Streak series, Jenna couldn't help but feel a bit envious but she didn't show it. Jenna smiled and said, "I'll play seeker though I'm best at Keeper." Jenna let a shrug out and listened to what was going to happen as she flew, then came to a quick halt hoping Sam would join her. Jenna hadn't heard what Patricia had said and she just looked down at the others waiting.

Liby mounted her broom, kicking off, she took her postion at the goals. Glancng at Jenn she gave her a look of "thanks". She came to a halt, as what Patricia jsut said sank in.."oh" she said to herself.

Patricia turned to Jenn as she approaced her, "Well as I said to Libby, we really shouldn't play a game unsupervised." She said, hating to be the bearer of bad news. When Libby got up to her and Jenn, she saw how upset she looked, "Oh come on Libby, don't be like that. We'll see, if enough people want to play I will see iwe can have a short came. OK?" She said, giving the young girl a sweet smile, not wanting anyone to be upset, so earily in the school year.

Jenna shrugged her shoulders and said, "Sorry, I guess I didn't hear you." Jenna blushed slightly and she said, "I'll race you, if you like." Jenna gave the girl a smile, she didn't understand why she seemed so sad, of course she was excited to play but she wasn't complaining.

Sam was only to thrilled to be walking into the quidditch pitch for the first time. It lived right up to his expectations aswell. His eyes widened at the huge stand an imagining them filled with students, hopefully some shouting his name. Yeah, that'd be his dream. But he zoned out of dreamland quick enough to catch Jenns smile, "You bet!" he smiled in return.

He kickec of after Patricia, yes he only had a Nimbus 2001 but he could fly it well. He got that exhilarating feeling again, like it was his first time. He hadn't played since he got to New Zealand so he soaked up every minute. He flew past the girls who seemed to be talking and did some sideways rolls, ones he had been practising for months, of coarse it was just to show off aswell. He got very competitive on field.

Once he flew a short lap he returnd back to the girls, "Hey whats going on?" he asked them.

Jenna gave Sam a competetive smile and said, "All race you Prince." Jenna smiled then said, "Ready...se-GO!" Jenna sped off as fast as she can around the pitch, she figured Sam would understand this was a one lap go and if they wanted to continue they could. Jenna giggled joyfully as she continued accelerating.

After the celebrations had finished, essentially, Violet grabbed her Firebolt from her dorm and went down to join the others on the pitch. "Thought you guys might need someone experienced," Violet called, with a grin. "We can't have everyone falling off their brooms or something, can we?" she asked, slyly, as she jumped on to her broom and hovered just off the ground.

"Woa-Hey!" Sam shouted angrily. He zoomed off after her, "Head start no fair!" he leaned forward on his broom till he got nearer, he swiftly moved in front of her so she had to slow down, "The idea with races is you have to go fast.." he smiled cheekily at her.

Jenna grinned slyly then she spun under Sam and swerved back up so she was flying in front of him then she smirked playfully and said, "You best listen to your own advice Sam." Jenna giggled playfully once more.

Patricia was wondering if it was possible to have a small quidditch game, that the first years wanted so badly. She watched Sam and Jenn speed of past her, having their own race. She smiled to herself, remembering what she was like last year and how she felt when she was flying. She still felt elated about it.

Next she saw Violet come up to her a say something, Patricia turned round to her and said, "Hey, what do you mean 'might need someone experienced' what am I? Chopped liver?" She said with a shocked look of amusement on her face, determined not to laugh. She never actually got that 'chopped liver' saying, but she always heard her family saying it.

Flying closer to Violet she whispered to her, "Do you think we could get hold of a few quidditch balls and let them have a small game, or even a throw about with the quaffle?" She asked, knowing how badly they wanted to play a game.

Sam laughed "Ha!" he went under her, he kept flying until he knew she was not above him, he flew directly upwards hoping to put her of trail. He then leaned forward on his broom and flew as fast as it would take him. He grabbed Patricias arm, winning by inches. "Sorry about that Patricia you were are finish line." he let go of Patricias arm. "You really were a good flyer, I must say." he enthuaised to Jenn

Violet snorted at Patricia's comment. "I was just kidding. You're a great flyer," she said, honestly. "These guys look pretty good, too," Violet said, whistling to herself as Sam and Jenna sped past them and essentially crashed in to Patricia. "I think a quaffle might be in order, hang on..." she muttered quietly as she sped off to the Quidditch sheds. She stopped as she got to the door, wringing her hands in frustration. She'd never broken a rule before - aside from one time in the forest, which didn't count as she didn't even get caught - and as a Prefect, she knew she shouldn't. But she couldn't deny the younger Hufflepuffs some fun. Pulling her wand out of her pocket, she opened the door with 'alohomora', grabbed a quaffle, and sped back towards them. "Okay, I wasn't going to go and get the whole Quidditch set or anything, I'll leave that to our captain...I think that's Caysi," Violet began, a little uncertain as she hadn't seen Caysi around much lately. "But I guess we could play around with the quaffle. But if anyone asks, it was Patricia's idea," she said with a wink. "Do any of you have positions? You look to be pretty good flyers. Have you all played Quidditch before?" she asked the younger students. She knew Patricia was keeper, and she was a chaser, but she wasn't sure about the younger students. It didn't really matter for now, but she thought it would be good to know for future reference. Violet couldn't help but be amazed that all these students had played Quidditch before. They were probably brought up as wizards, she thought to herself. She had been brought up as a muggle, and hadn't touched a broom until her first Flying lesson. Even then, she had barely touched it as it wouldn't raise off the ground. Two years of practice had improved her, but she wasn't a brilliant flyer or anything, she was simply adequate.

"Ive been playing quidditch since i was four" Said Libby. "My mum taught me. Im best a keeper." She smiled.

Sam didn't see Violet there, "Hey Violet.." but she flew down towards the ground. He watched her with a confused expression but she pulled out a ball he recongnised so well, the quaffle. "We're playing quidditch!" he said to her when she came back. This is going to be good.. he thought to himself. When Violet had asked if they played quidditch before, Sam nodded. "Yeah I've been playing a good few years now." He remeber getting his first Toy broom when he was three years of age and was attached to the game ever since. "I usually play Chaser but I am quite versatile, except seeker. I don't have the patience!" he laughed.

"It's not really Quidditch," Violet explained, winking at Sam. "Just a bit of practice. When we get a proper practice going, we might be able to play Quidditch for real." She grinned as both Sam and Libby explained they'd been playing Quidditch for a long time. "Oh wow, that's awesome! I hadn't flown a broom until I started here," she said, almost wistfully. "So a keeper and a chaser, this looks pretty promising..." she muttered, thoughtfully.

"Oh right, thats great though.." Sam said even though they weren't playing actual quidditch he didn't care, anything would do now once they were on their brooms it was perfect. "Who are the beaters for Hufflepuff?" he asked her, he was quite good at being a beater aswell.

Patricia felt someone grab her arm and make her almost fall off her broom, looking round she saw that it was Sam, laughing. She listened to him apologise, she didn't mind, she was just happy that they were having fun, "No problem Sam, but try that again and you'll wish you hadn't." She said, trying to keep a straight face, but it was't possible and she burst out laughing.

She felt her cheeks get slightly hotter when Violet complemented her on her flying. She was only second year, and nothing special. Patricia beamed at Violet as she sped of to the quidditch sheds. She would never go and break into them especially if she was a Prefect like Violet. Patricia watched all the First years flying about in their brooms, they really seemed to be enjoying themselves, she just hoped that they wouldn't get busted for breaking the rules, the school term hadn't even started yet.

After a few minutes Patricia saw Violet return with a quaffle. She listened to her explain why they weren't going to be playing a proper game, after all Caysi would be getting everyone together as soon as the term started, or near enough. Then a look of shock dawned upon Patricia's face, "Excuse me!" She exclaimed, "I'm not the one who broke into the sheds, Miss Prefect." She said laughing. Patricia waited for everyone to answer Violet's question about what positions they would play.

Patricia was surprised when Libby said that she had been flying since the age of four and Sam when he was three. Patricia was mainly surprised as she hadn't touched a broom since her first flying lesson, but then she rememebered that not even one was brought up as a muggle. Patricia thought about what they could do with the limited number of people.

"Well lets see, me and Sam can be on a team and you two." She said pointing to Violet and Libby. "One keeper and one chaser on each. And me and Violet can be captains, seeing as we are the most experienced." She said with a smile. "How does that sound, and then we can gather up everyone else to make up chasers." She asked the three others around her.

Then Sam asked a question, turning to him Patricia said, "I think Caysi and Maddiie are our Beaters. Why do you ask?" She questioned him.

Sam laughed, "I'm sorry Patricia, I'll try to not knock you off your broom. But it may be unsucessful." he said.

Then Patricia came up with an idea of how they would be sorted into teams. "Yeah thats sounds good. Though watch out I may accidently make you fall." he smirked and nudgeded her arm. of coarse he was completely joking and he hoped she knew that fact.

"Oh right." He said to Patricia regarding the beaters, "No I was just wondering.. theres seems to be a lack of guys on the team.." he said almost absent-mindly.

After they had explained the plan Libby said simply "Ok, Yup.""True" said Libby, the team was pretty female. "Normally teams are mostly male though." She thought. "Who's seeker?" she asked.

Violet scoffed at Libby's reaction. "Yeah, so? We're Hufflepuffs, we don't have to stick to formality. Girls can fly just as good as guys, and frankly, I think there ought to be more female teams around. Besides, we've barely got any guys, something you're going to learn soon." Violet folded her arms, eyebrows raised. Holidays spent with her mother had this effect on her. Her mother was most definately a feminist. "Heh, sorry," she added, apologetically. "But yeah, there are hardly any guys at this school. It's quite depressing, really." Listening to Libby's question, Violet shook her head. "No seeker. We don't have the snitch. I'm not breaking in to the sheds again," she laughed.

Sam laughed and put his hands in the air, clinging to his broom with his legs. "Woah there, sorry I mean't no offense...just wondering. i now know not to mess with you though." he teased lightheartedly. "Oh and I am not stating that boys are better flyers by the way, just wondering if I got on the team would I be the oddball."

Sam thought about what Violet had said, it was true he had few male friends compared to his female friends, he shrugged it off. Sam gripped his broom tightly eager to play the game but it didn't show on his face.

"Im not saying it a bad thing" she replied to Violet, who seemed to have taken it the wrong way. "Shall we pratice?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back