Anastasie Vernier

dept. of experimental charms | musician

OOC First Name
Kaye
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Straight 14 Inch Sturdy Elm Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
This may be a dumb question so I apologise in advance.

My PMs are currently being overcrowded with messages alerting me that lessons have been posted and whatnot which is making me miss the important ones, and I was just wondering if it was possible to somehow get that to stop happening? I don't want people to think I am ignoring them :(

Thanks!

I have auto-add label rules in all my student's inbox's that applies a "Lesson" label to anything with certain keywords (I think it's set right now to either "Lesson posted" or "graded"), which helps funnel them out of my main inbox which I can keep for plotting and other messages.

It doesn't stop you getting the notif, but if you go to your main inbox when you have a pile after a few days it helps to see what you need to in your main box and potentially "mark all as read" in the lessons or other label boxes.

(Labels are your friend, esp. if you run a club or other activity or are just really chatty)

So I've just been playing around with the rules and alerts in the inbox and found something that will stop ALL gradebook notifications if that's what you want. Should warn that of course you also won't receive a note that lessons or exams are posted, nor what grades or house points you're awarded with.

You know how you can follow accounts? Ignore the gradebook instead :p

I have auto-add label rules in all my student's inbox's that applies a "Lesson" label to anything with certain keywords (I think it's set right now to either "Lesson posted" or "graded"), which helps funnel them out of my main inbox which I can keep for plotting and other messages.

It doesn't stop you getting the notif, but if you go to your main inbox when you have a pile after a few days it helps to see what you need to in your main box and potentially "mark all as read" in the lessons or other label boxes.

(Labels are your friend, esp. if you run a club or other activity or are just really chatty)
I honestly forgot about this :teehee: It's really helpful, so thanks!

So I've just been playing around with the rules and alerts in the inbox and found something that will stop ALL gradebook notifications if that's what you want. Should warn that of course you also won't receive a note that lessons or exams are posted, nor what grades or house points you're awarded with.

You know how you can follow accounts? Ignore the gradebook instead :p
OMG YOU ARE SO SMART! I might do this since it's the easier alternative xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back