Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Lou
Wand
Yew 12'' Core of Jackalope Antler
So, who else has been watching? What do you think? And who loved the season finale?

If you're going to say anything that reveals plot/etc., please put it in a spoiler tag.

So, this is already off topic, but I was thinking:
Every bending type pretty much has an "upgrade" or so to speak at this point. Water benders can become blood benders if they're good enough (because blood is mostly water). Earth benders can become metal benders if they're good enough (bending the impurities in the metals). Fire benders can do the lightning stuff if they're good enough.
But air benders have nothin'. Yet. I figure Korra might develop something neat. She better, otherwise air bending is the lamest.
Also, given the logic of metal and blood bending (bending your element within another thing) air benders should be able to bend anything they want - what with air being in like everything and everywhere.

Otherwise, I found Korra enjoyable (though I really don't like probending at all).
And the season finale was pretty good. Very much "I'm the Avatar! You gotta deal with it!"
Though, if we're being honest, air bending came far too easily to her as did getting all her bending back.
I was saying mid-season that Korra's bending should be taken away which should force her to focus on the spiritual side of being the avatar - go to the spirit world some and hang out with that face monster or whatever - then when she gets the hang of that she could unlock her bending or something.

Another thought I had was how neat it is that Korra's air bending style is so not air-bendy. It's not evasive at all, it's very fire-bender xD

I agree about airbending. However, we've gotten to know about six airbenders throughout both shows, so maybe we just haven't gotten to see an upgraded airbending yet. An airbender should at least be able to take the air out of someone's lungs and keep them from breathing.

Also, you would think since earthbenders can metalbend and sandbend, they could also bend the metal/impurities within a person's body, kind of like Magneto in X-Men.

I really enjoyed Korra as well, even more so than the original series (and in my opinion, the first series is hard to beat as far as quality goes.) I think it helps that Korra's seventeen and the story is much more concise.
How I felt after Lin got her bending back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85PXmAwiHt4&fb_source=message

Bumi is totally going to be one of my favorite characters, I just know it :wub:

I also agree that airbending came too easily to Korra. Especially in the moment where Amon's about to take Mako's bending away, you think she'd be too upset to actually airbend. That can't have been a calm moment. o_O And yeah, her style is not "air-bendy" at all. It definitely shows her personality.

I hope we get to see her interact more with the spirits in the second season. And yeah, she totally has to run into Koh the Face Stealer in one of the episodes!

Overall, I love that Korra's hotheaded instead of calm and collected like Aang was. I'm glad that our newest Avatar isn't a repeat of the last one.

Also, do you think Amon/Noatok is dead? After thinking about it for awhile, I believe he is. If he isn't, I'm not sure how he can be the main protagonist of the next season.

So is this series like a Avatar, the Last airbender thing? I've not heard of it, but it sounds interesting and I want to see if I would likeit so I can download it.

Yes, it is. Korra is the next Avatar and the show takes place about seventy years after Last Airbender.

And it's really awesome, Teigs. If you don't live in the US and/or can't watch it on nick.com, I would recommend going to YouTube for the episodes. :D There are twelve so far.

I haven't seen it yet, but I really want to. From what I've seen from clips and whatnot but it looks really good. I wasn't sure where I could watch it at but Nick.Com is probably the place to go.

Now that I'm on my laptop, I can actually reply to this topic! :D

I thoroughly enjoyed season 1 of the show and can't wait until season 2. From what I read, it seems that for this series they are looking to have shorter arcs rather than one arc that runs the entire length of the series. It seemed to work really well for season one. I loved the flashback scenes where we were able to see characters from the first series all grown up (Sokka looked badass all grown up :correct: ) Also, Korra is a really cool character and you can definitely see that she has a lot to learn especially when it comes to learning discipline. And finally, Meelo is adorable :wub:
Mandrake: Hmm...I think they are both dead, but I'm hoping someone else will take leadership over the Equalists. And, I totally agree that I can't wait to see more Bumi. He looks like he is going to be fun. I'm also hoping to see more of Iroh. I liked the ol' tea loving Iroh and want to see what of his namesake rubbed off on him :p

I just finished watching it. It is amazing! I am inlove with Mako and Bolin, also definately the Polarbear Dog. I have to say that I love the fact that they created Korra the way they did, and having it in the short series type I think was a good choice, because it meant we didn't lose interest, if'n anyone did.
I found it surprising when I realised that Bumi held no bending ability. You'd think that with two powerful benders, but then it has all to do with the Genetics I suppose. But it seems that he has inherited his namesakes crazy personality. (Remeber Aang's bestfriend King Bumi?) Also with starting the series after Korra had already mastered the three elements and then moving onto Airbending was a smart move, placing us into the fold of an already escalating storyline. Though I am now rather curious as to what happened to Zuko's mother xD
"I'm the Avatar! Deal with it!" :wub: :r

They should have used exploring the spiritual side as a way to resolve season 1 problems. :tut:
I said that from like episode 4 or something. xD

They had The Making of the Legend on Nick the other day and I was saddened when I couldn't watch it because I didn't get to the clicker fast enough and someone change the channel, <_<

:o Was there?
Now I have to find itttt.

Yes, it was called someting along the lines of what I posted above, I heard it in passing while in the kitchen before the channel got changed and was intrigued since I had been watching Avatar with pop up facts before the Korra related thing came on.

I hate the pop up bologna so much.
"These aren't real people - they're drawings."
ORLY?! THAT BLEW MY MIND. SO FACTUAL I LOVE IT.

(I don't think I watched any Avatar popup, but I've seen plenty of the same with Disney movies my sister always has on the TV. "Ashley has to eat 2 of these cupcakes before we used the scene." WOWOWOWOWOWOW. That complete changes... everything.)

...so hopefully it's not in that vein. :r

I was at the comic con panel, and it was pretty awesome, not going to lie. ^_^

I'm not sure if the sneak peak of next season has been leaked, but I have a part of the video(No audio) on my camera and might just have to upload that. :)

The new season started this evening. It seems that the focus will be on the spirit world, so I'm pretty eager to see this season play out. ^_^

Aye, I'm a little disappointed that they seem to have reset Korra's character development.
Any lessons that she might have learned in the first season seem to have been all too quickly forgotten.

It's been interesting to see Tenzin's relationship with his siblings, though, and them talk about their relationship with their father.

I don't think it has started in Australia yet. I've been looking for it.

The new season only started in Canada like last week, apparently. So ya, there's some delay.

Ok, book 3 is officially over now.
Does anybody else on HNZ still watch this~ ?

I've been doing my best to stay caught up, but Nickelodeon quit airing it so I'm having a hard time being able to watch it. :(

That's because they released them all on their website instead. ;)

Ostensia Romanes said:
I've been doing my best to stay caught up, but Nickelodeon quit airing it so I'm having a hard time being able to watch it. :(

Nicolas King said:
That's because they released them all on their website instead. ;)
I'm with ya, Jessye. I was sort of keeping up with it when it was on TV and my DVR recorded the episodes. Now, not so much. I actually forgot all about it switching to online airing until I saw something about the finale. Switching from airing on tv to just online was such an odd thing to do mid-season. :erm:

I haven't even seen season two yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back